Strengths:

Foresees outcomes long into the future
Understands how the mind works
A futurist, while keeping practical

Weaknesses:

Getting out of your head and into action
Perfectionistic, self-sabotaging
Can be prideful

Excerpt from Action Webinar: Of all types, Perspectives/Effectiveness genius is the most insightful. While other types may enjoy analysis and data-mining, it is this type that masters understanding new information that can be made useful. When at their best they are extraordinary problem solvers, foreseeing (and eliminating) potential pitfalls that others are blind to. Masters of resource systems and natural planners, no other type can match their ability to plan massive projects long before the first step is taken. Every detail is mapped out in their mind before anything can be seen in the outside world. This type is often highly rigorous with themselves before they will deem themselves as competent. They have high standards, and when mobilized and active are a force to be reckoned with…

it's accurate :) funny that i am also a psychologist (in the short run xD) and i agree to the description..

glad to hear yours, brilliant fellow INFPs :wink:
also, kindly include the description please... i want to know other styles :)
thanks in advance... :D

Attachments

Reactions: Schizoid

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
As far as I understand from that website, Perspectives/Effectiveness just means Ni-Te and you got INTJ as your personality type from the test. What most INFPs ought to get would be Authenticity/Exploration.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,667 Posts
Perspectives/Harmony
Famous people of your type:Mahatma Ghandi, peace activist
Martin Luther King, Jr, political activist
Marilyn Manson, musician

Here’s an overview of your unique Genius Style:Strengths:
A sixth sense about others emotions
Extraordinary therapists and counselors

Weaknesses:
Can be critical as a defense strategy

Excerpt from Action Webinar: Of all types, Perspectives/Harmony genius is the most sensitive to other people. Their ability to shift perspectives combined with their natural talent for understanding complex human emotions gives them almost ESP-like powers. Though it’s extremely rare for them to admit it, almost all people of this type suffer from what they call the ‘assault’ of others’ emotions – picking up and taking on emotions not theirs, sometimes coming from total strangers. When at their best they are extraordinarily good counselors and therapists. They use this psychic-like ability in a positive way to meet others needs, thereby avoiding being ‘used’ as an emotional conduit. This type is often highly rigorous with themselves before they will deem themselves as competent. They have high standards, and when mobilized and active are a force to be reckoned with…

·
Registered
16,026 Posts
COOL! Me likey.

Congratulations! Your Genius Style is…

Authenticity/Exploration

Famous people of your type:
Ellen DeGeneres, actress and comedienne
Isabel Briggs Myers, creator of Myers-Briggs
Ben Gibbard, songwriter Death Cab for Cutie
Here’s an overview of your unique Genius Style:

Strengths:
Core Values
Honoring the individual
Holding the vision/mission

Weaknesses:
Project management

Utilizing people as resources
Delegating
Excerpt from Action Webinar: Authenticity/Exploration genius has perhaps the most intimate connection with human values and human needs. They are extremely well attuned to mankind’s progression and often form the moral backbone of social movements. They have a strong “spiritual hero” quality (even if atheists!). Many storybook heroes are Authenticity/Exploration. They are natural masters of culture, personal expression, and even technology. The human condition is always the focus of their world. They are individualists, both in action and in belief. A core principle with all Authenticity/Exploration genius is their insistence that everyone be allowed to “just be themselves…”

·
Registered
2,282 Posts

Authenticity/Exploration

Strengths:
Core Values
Honoring the individual

Weaknesses:
Project management
Delegating

Excerpt from Action Webinar: Authenticity/Exploration genius has perhaps the most intimate connection with human values and human needs. They are extremely well attuned to mankind’s progression and often form the moral backbone of social movements. They have a strong “spiritual hero” quality (even if atheists!). Many storybook heroes are Authenticity/Exploration. They are natural masters of culture, personal expression, and even technology. The human condition is always the focus of their world. They are individualists, both in action and in belief. A core principle with all Authenticity/Exploration genius is their insistence that everyone be allowed to “just be themselves…”

·
Registered
2,448 Posts

Perspectives/Harmony

harmony

download now

ghandiFamous people of your type:

Mahatma Ghandi, peace activist
Martin Luther King, Jr, political activist
Marilyn Manson, musician

Strengths:

A sixth sense about others emotions
Extraordinary therapists and counselors

Weaknesses:

Can be critical as a defense strategy

Excerpt from Action Webinar: Of all types, Perspectives/Harmony genius is the most sensitive to other people. Their ability to shift perspectives combined with their natural talent for understanding complex human emotions gives them almost ESP-like powers. Though it’s extremely rare for them to admit it, almost all people of this type suffer from what they call the ‘assault’ of others’ emotions – picking up and taking on emotions not theirs, sometimes coming from total strangers. When at their best they are extraordinarily good counselors and therapists. They use this psychic-like ability in a positive way to meet others needs, thereby avoiding being ‘used’ as an emotional conduit. This type is often highly rigorous with themselves before they will deem themselves as competent. They have high standards, and when mobilized and active are a force to be reckoned with…

·
Registered
123 Posts
Authenticity/Exploration

Here’s an overview of your unique Genius Style: Strengths:
Core Values
Honoring the individual

Weaknesses:
Project management

Delegating

·
Retired Administrator
18,211 Posts
Exploration/Authenticity

I feel so awkward now...maybe I'm just in an ENFP mood though--I have noticed more extroversion recently as I try to get out of this funk I've been in. Also...it's been a nice weekend completely alone.

I am NOT the most energetic or inspirational. But I wouldn't mind a little bit of that right now. I feel a little ambivert or very mid of extroversion and introversion.

But am happy to share this video because this type hasn't been shared yet.

·
Registered
INFP
1,191 Posts

Authenticity/Exploration

Strengths:
Core Values
Honoring the individual

Weaknesses:
Project management

Delegating

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well, I just got Accuracy/Exploration

So... INTP.

Close, but no cigar ;) Although it's hard to pinpoint Fi in any online test, even doing the MBTI test online, I always get INTP. But I know I'm an INFP... Fi's just a tricky one, to be honest, because it's so subjective.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Authenticity/Exploration

Strengths:
Core Values
Honoring the individual

Weaknesses:
Project management
Delegating

Funny thing, maybe because I had to do a lot of it at my first job, I feel like I am pretty good at project management, using people as resources, and delegating. It's just all Te stuff, and IMO it's not that hard to get Fi and Te to cooperate. For example, with delegation, I always tried to get a sense of how heavy a workload someone already had and how stressed they already were, and what their best skills were, and then I would try to assign tasks accordingly. I tried to give everyone a little to do that wouldn't be too unappealing to them to lighten everyone's load. I think a good Fi awareness can make Te go more smoothly because you can see and judge based on more factors than you could see without that intrapersonal understanding.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I would assume since everyone is INFP they would get Authenticity/Exploration... because that's the type INFP corresponds to.

If you don't get Authenticity/Exploration, you may consider retyping... lol You may have been type wrong. Not to be mean or anything, but I always found it a little odd there were so MANY INFPs which is supposed to be a rare type.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Exploration/Accuracy

Jon Stewart, host of The Daily Show
Benjamin Franklin, United States of America founding father
Richard Feynman, Physicist

Strengths:

Blazing new trails
Creativity, especially in problem solving
Contagious enthusiasm for what’s possible

Weaknesses:

Anything perceived as ‘mundane’
Sticking with a project once the newness wears off
Honoring the current structure

Excerpt from Action Webinar: Of all types, the Exploration/Accuracy genius is the most focused on – and motivated by – possibilities. Few things are as satisfying as blazing a new trail, often in both a literal and metaphoric sense. When at their best they are extremely optimistic, often charismatic and inspiring. When in love with a new concept or venture, people around them can get caught up in the excitement of what would otherwise seem to be an impossible idea. Around an effusive Exploration/Accuracy genius, anything seems possible. Despite their energetic demeanor, they are rationalists at their core, and ideas more than people will ignite their passion. Almost without fail, it is some form of science (hard or soft) that will be their first love…

So, this is one of these days that I just wake up as an ENTP? Then again I got to say that this particular description seems fitting for me (otherwise I don't really identify with the ENTP type).

If you don't get Authenticity/Exploration, you may consider retyping... lol You may have been type wrong. Not to be mean or anything, but I always found it a little odd there were so MANY INFPs which is supposed to be a rare type.
I don't really find it weird that there are so many INFPs here. If there's a place where all the INFP would gather it would be exactly an internet forum like this. INFPs are supposedly 4 % of the population which is not THAT rare.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I got INTP. :dry:

Albert Einstein
Bill Gates (Microsoft, founder)
Tony Hsieh (Zappos, CEO)

Managing large amounts of information
Radical honesty
Intellectual curiosity

Weaknesses:
Unspoken social contracts
Relationships and people dynamics

Tact
Excerpt from Action Webinar: Of all the types, the Accuracy/Exploration genius is the most interested in analysis and theoretical logic. They have a natural understanding of how data systems work, as well as an inborn skill for spotting inconsistencies and incongruities. When they scan data and information – which they are doing all the time – they are looking for information that contradicts itself. The more ‘clean’ and ‘elegant’ the system (that is, the fewest contradictions within the data) the more satisfying. Once on track with an elegant frame, they’re off to mix and match information, form new theories and hypothesis, and introduce radically new ways of understanding the world. Since data, not people, catch their attention they are some of the least social of all the types. It’s not uncommon for this type to be awkward around others. People very rarely ‘make sense’, and the intense emotions of others can be more confusing than uncomfortable…

It is true that most people strike me as illogical in their reasoning, but I can often comprehend where they are coming from emotionally. Because I can "make sense" of their emotions, I can then see how their reasoning becamse distorted.
However, it is also true that I have struggle with "unspoken social contracts" and "people dynamics", but not so much with understanding the inner workings of people (poor Fe).

I am not drawn to data systems... more of a humanities person, although I do love a good theory and systems for explaining reality. I definitely note inconsisencies and will admit I can nitpick there, but I think my bigger focus is on the possibiltites suggested and what significance it bears to existing values. But maybe I dont even get there if it is too inconsistent to strike me as valid.

Anyhow, I really liked the way this test framed the P/J distinction. I thought that this was quite succinct:
I prefer to have my thoughts and feelings organized, which allows me to make split-second decisions and improvise. (P)
vs.
I prefer to have my external environment ordered and organized, which gives me inner freedom and allows me to focus. (J)

As usual, Feeling sounded too much like Fe or emotions. Whenever it pits truth against tact, I will always go with truth and I find it mildly offensive that feeling is being associated with preference for tact over truth....

To compare the INFP result (for myself):

Authenticity/Exploration

Strengths:
Core Values
Honoring the individual

Weaknesses:
Project management
Delegating

A better fit over all. It is funny how these INFP strengths suit me better, but perhaps the INTP weaknesses suit me better.

Im not bad at project management, but more like organization and time, which is only part of a project. Im good at ideas, innovation on the fly, and keeping a "vision".
I am good at delegating because I will spot potential in others and then let them do their thing. Sometimes I can get too attached and perhaps be a creative nazi, but that's not my everyday manner.
Im not sure what it is implying with "using people as resources" - if it means dehumanizing people and treating them like cogs in a machine, then probably not. If it means putting people in roles which uses their natural potential for the benefit of a project, then sure. I dont want to exploit people, but neither does it have to be very personal.

·
Registered
15,898 Posts

Authenticity/Exploration

Strengths:
Core Values
Honoring the individual

Weaknesses:
Project management

Delegating
[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Emeraude

·
MOTM January 2013
10,667 Posts
I would assume since everyone is INFP they would get Authenticity/Exploration... because that's the type INFP corresponds to.

I suspect this test typed me INFJ based on J and P in terms of organised/disorganised. Im a very tidy person and my values aren't based on objective values, they are internally processed. So although some questions seemed on the ball, I don't know where they lead to and the test I think has a tidy/messy bias and relates it to J and P. And ni is not a preferred function based on what I know about it compared to Ne. Yeah, Ni, Fe, Se are not conscious in my instance. blah. If I'm incorrectly typed, it would be nice to hear but there's no way I'm trawling through one of those type me threads where half the people can't even be depended on to type correctly and knowing the root meaning of each function and not looking at them in a vacuum.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.