Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been discussing with two other ENTJs about what triggers our inferior Fi, what puts us to what is known as 'in the grip'. For us, the only time we trigger the negative Fi is when a relationship ends or we fail at the dating stage with someone we are genuinely interested in. We could not relate to any other situation that puts us in this depressive mood.

Some reading material about the inferior function, negative Fi and how it affects us:

Socionics - the16types.info - MBTI: Form of the Inferior Function

The Inferior Function: Traps, Temptations, & "Grip Experiences"

From your experiences, what is your trigger?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have been discussing with two other ENTJs about what triggers our inferior Fi, what puts us to what is known as 'in the grip'. For us, the only time we trigger the negative Fi is when a relationship ends or we fail at the dating stage with someone we are genuinely interested in. We could not relate to any other situation that puts us in this depressive mood.

Some reading material about the inferior function, negative Fi and how it affects us:

Socionics - the16types.info - MBTI: Form of the Inferior Function

The Inferior Function: Traps, Temptations, & "Grip Experiences"

From your experiences, what is your trigger?
I'll just assume you mean "the grip" as depression/bad state of mind, since you assume everybody knows obscure/"too new" English expressions even if they maybe never heard them before in their life because they don't live in an English speaking country. :<
Anyway, yes, that's what makes me "in the grip", I should be named "Jack the Gripper" in that sense... like you said, only with people I'm interested in, and only in the starting stages(not a very developed relationship).

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@mihai.88. I think even English native speaking people wont know what the grip is, more of a Jung theory term. The two links I posted should explain.

This thread is open to other types to reply. Just asking on ESTJ and ENTJ forums first as we share the same inferior function. I struggle with negative Fi, so does ones other ENTJ I know. Other bad situations, failure at something, being told off, making mistakes we take on the chin and never let us bother us. I'd like to later know other types triggers, I'm sure other types can brush off failed relationships like we do with criticism.

·
Registered
153 Posts
@mihai.88. I think even English native speaking people wont know what the grip is, more of a Jung theory term. The two links I posted should explain.

This thread is open to other types to reply. Just asking on ESTJ and ENTJ forums first as we share the same inferior function. I struggle with negative Fi, so does ones other ENTJ I know. Other bad situations, failure at something, being told off, making mistakes we take on the chin and never let us bother us. I'd like to later know other types triggers, I'm sure other types can brush off failed relationships like we do with criticism.
Sure, I'll read a spam load of text to try to find what "the grip" is, although it's in your interest to be more explicit with questions that you admit might not be for everybody. Whatever... good luck in finding the answers.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure, I'll read a spam load of text to try to find what "the grip" is, although it's in your interest to be more explicit with questions that you admit might not be for everybody. Whatever... good luck in finding the answers.
The question was "what is your trigger?". The rest of the first post was an intro and some information to what the grip actually is if you did not know what it is. I'm not sure how I could have been more explicit?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Waking up in the morning puts me in Fi-grip :-(

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
He just means, what situation makes you act like an emo-bish INFP?

·
Registered
153 Posts
The question was "what is your trigger?". The rest of the first post was an intro and some information to what the grip actually is if you did not know what it is. I'm not sure how I could have been more explicit?
The list I'll make is long and it won't say how much time I'll get pissed off(it could be like I get pissed only for the moment):
-laziness
-sloppiness
-people that "think" with their feelings
-people that don't provide sources/proof for their claims
-corruption
-perceived unjust/biased behavior (as in favoring people/groups unjustly *this includes positive racism/sexism)
-lies
-not being loved back
-inefficiency
-"clanish" behavior
-rudeness for no reason(ex. they have problems with something and they act pissed towards everybody)
-herd mentality
-low intelligence
-aggressive behavior initiated by unprovoked retards(like nicknaming me, although if it's a diminutive of my first name, I accept it as friendly behavior, but everything else I'll see as being aggressive; overly criticizing -> continuing to repeat something over and over; )
-people that don't check facts and are easy to manipulate
-proud behavior for no reason
-too distant behavior(like barely talking or barely showing interest in what I say)
-hypocrite and intolerant(at the same time) behavior, generally from atheist idiots/other religion idiots/liberal idiots/communist idiots/etc.
-carefree behavior
-manipulative behavior

Probably more, but I think I wrote enough.

·
Registered
153 Posts
He just means, what situation makes you act like an emo-bish INFP?
OK, well, I already wrote it, what makes me emo-ish is not being liked back by a person I'm truly interested in.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Te is your inferior. It would be Te grip. Read the first link I gave, read the intro and Te section. See where it applies to you and what forces you to be like that.
Humor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts