Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what is 'beautiful' to know.

Feel free to be as abstract/ as creative/ as personal as possible.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
This thread reminds me of this quote:

"Looking at a sunset, just for a second you forget your separateness: you are the sunset. That is the moment when you feel the beauty of it. But the moment you say that it is a beautiful sunset, you are no longer feeling it; you have come back to your separate, enclosed entity of the ego. Now the mind is speaking. And this is one of the mysteries, that the mind can speak, and knows nothing; and the heart knows everything, and cannot speak. Perhaps to know too much makes it difficult to speak; the mind knows so little, it is possible for it to speak."

·
Registered
350 Posts
In hebrew beautiful = good. That's my idea of beauty. Goodness.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Eyzeh Yophee

·
Registered
257 Posts
'Beautiful', to me, is good will and compassion, pureness and innocence, tolerance, love. I could go on and on.

Someone could be by-the-book beautiful but if they are rude or wretched, I'll think of them as a hag or as just being really fake and "plastic", as it were. I think superficiality is ugly and disgusting, but that's just me...

On the other hand, I think there are opportunities for people who are labelled as "bad" to shine through beautiful moments... Like a convict trying to genuinely make amends for the wrongs (s)he's done.

And then of course, love is a given. Little expressions of affection or care, visible or non-visible. Even things that are done out of the utmost worry of the other person has a tinge of bittersweet beauty to it.

Childrens' innocence and beautiful nature too, of course :)

(Please look up an episode of Oprah featuring Jacqueline Saburido if you get a chance. If you ever see a safe driving poster with a woman whose whole face is burned, and hair gone, etc, that is her. Before an epiphany after watching this special, I had more of a conventional and societally-normal concept of what beauty was, but watching this changed me. She may have burns over a vast majority of her body, but in that moment she seemed just as beautiful to me as anything could be.)

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,227 Posts
As a guy with hot blood pumping through my veins...I'm not going to lie that a pretty face and cute smile isn't the first thing I look at: it is. However, after that I'm quickly turned off if a girl is very extroverted or insensitive. Both are total "deal breakers".

As far as internal beauty I look for:

-Loyalty
-encouragement (of me and others)
-sense of morality and tradition
-authenticity

That's most of the important stuff at least.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
having those moments of realisation about nature is beautiful. that the realities we create for ourselves as human beings is not real- but looking up at the night sky and realising that we're all enclosed within a sort of roof which is our world and that the moon isn't just a picture in the sky, it's a place, and you're looking at an actual place far away..

i went drinking last night :crazy:

·
Registered
ENFP
4,206 Posts
Beauty to me is the essence of something or someone that is so natural that in that moment, it captivates something within me. Beauty is the little things that tend to get overlooked, but when we take the time to really look at it in it's entirety, there's this feeling of peacefulness about it, a sort of serenity that I feel inside that literally vibrates from within.. it's resonating.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Beauty to me is the essence of something or someone that is so natural that in that moment, it captivates something within me. Beauty is the little things that tend to get overlooked, but when we take the time to really look at it in it's entirety, there's this feeling of peacefulness about it, a sort of serenity that I feel inside that literally vibrates from within.. it's resonating.
This post is beautiful in itself. There was a true poetry in that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This thread reminds me of this quote:

"Looking at a sunset, just for a second you forget your separateness: you are the sunset. That is the moment when you feel the beauty of it. But the moment you say that it is a beautiful sunset, you are no longer feeling it; you have come back to your separate, enclosed entity of the ego. Now the mind is speaking. And this is one of the mysteries, that the mind can speak, and knows nothing; and the heart knows everything, and cannot speak. Perhaps to know too much makes it difficult to speak; the mind knows so little, it is possible for it to speak."

Wow my friend. This one is indeed a keeper. It manages to capture something that is exceedingly difficult to articulate, yet oh so true. It describes the elusiveness and importance of Being

Love it. Very nice !:happy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts