Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What makes you laugh and enjoy the moment? What is your idea of having fun? How do you act when you're having fun?

·
Banned
123 Posts

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
What makes you laugh and enjoy the moment? What is your idea of having fun? How do you act when you're having fun?

This varies, between when I'm with friends and when I am not. When I am with friends, I typically enjoy playing games or watching things with them, especially if the programs being watched are enjoyed by all parties and informative at the same time. When I'm having fun with friends, I would typically say that I become a bit more bold than usual and more openly sarcastic - not in a derisive way, but more in a joking manner, as my humor is mostly centered around sarcasm.

Alone is where my tastes emerge. Many people, especially those who are my friends, do not enjoy the same things I do, so I find greater enjoyment in the things I do alone, more often than not. Generally, I like to learn: reading, watching informative programs, or even thinking over things makes me feel energized and happy. I would definitely say that my sort of fun is a calmer sort of fun than with friends. In all situations, however, there is a constant want for me, and often a prerequisite for me to have fun: I need to be learning something new or refining my knowledge of something pre-existing.

·
Registered
178 Posts
When I'm having the intellectually stimulating type of fun, (I call it "INTJ fun,") I get really animated. My tone of voice reflects my excitement. I become a lot more verbal, saying things like "Right," or "Uh-huh," or even interrupting the person out of my enthusiasm. I also use a lot more facial expressions and gestures to communicate.

When I'm having the goofy, sleep deprived fun I laugh a lot. I see humor in everything. I crack jokes constantly, almost making a game of how often and how hard I can get others to laugh or chuckle.

When I'm desperate to have fun, I act stupid and immature intentionally, knowingly, with great calculation for my own amusement and for the amusement of friends. Usually this takes a lot of effort as it demands extroverted rather than introverted thinking and actions. So it quickly becomes exhausting rather than fun. But I've become so convincing at it that some (not real close) friends view me as, first and foremost, 'the clown.'

As for what I actually do for fun, I really like to read and discuss research with intelligent and informed people. (Read: professors, experts, professionals, and the nerdy friend.) I also enjoy deep/interesting, intellectually stimulating conversations about anything. If I have a lot of energy I also like to have debates or chill with friends and/or family. I like to read and write both fiction and nonfiction. I adore listening to music, and/or going to concerts. On occassion, I enjoy going shopping. (I always love going to the bookstore or coffee shops.) And like most people, a good TV show or film makes me happy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I'm having the intellectually stimulating type of fun, (I call it "INTJ fun,") I get really animated. My tone of voice reflects my excitement. I become a lot more verbal... I also use a lot more facial expressions and gestures to communicate.

When I'm having the goofy, sleep deprived fun I laugh a lot. I see humor in everything. I crack jokes constantly, almost making a game of how often and how hard I can get others to laugh or chuckle.

When I'm desperate to have fun, I act stupid and immature intentionally, knowingly, with great calculation for my own amusement and for the amusement of friends. Usually this takes a lot of effort as it demands extroverted rather than introverted thinking and actions. So it quickly becomes exhausting rather than fun. But I've become so convincing at it that some (not real close) friends view me as, first and foremost, 'the clown.'

As for what I actually do for fun, I really like to read and discuss research with intelligent and informed people. (Read: professors, experts, professionals, and the nerdy friend.) I also enjoy deep/interesting, intellectually stimulating conversations about anything.

You know that "someone just stole the words right from my mouth" feeling? AH! I have it right now.
Fun for me also, are the late night conversations, the deep, intense exchanges that come after the sleep-deprived craziness; these conversations are as intelligent as any I have with my academic acquaintances, but the real fun for me is connecting both emotionally and intellectually with someone. (eek, emotions! it's rare, but I do let those animals out!)

The real fun for me is in sharing any kind of exchange with someone that accomplishes something- I or they learn something new, or they give me a new perspective, a way of accomplishing something I hadn't thought of before.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
My idea of having fun...

Creating and referring to inside jokes.
Go-karts! :D
Jumping on trampolines.
Rollerblading or biking.
Climbing trees.
Building things.
Walking, biking or driving to the house of a friend or family member- that anticipation feels great.
Going to a theme park to ride roller coasters and such!
Listening to great music, especially when the volume is cranked up. Karaoke can be fun, too.
Playing "MST3K" with friends while watching a retarded movie.
Watching a really good movie, even if it's one I've already seen many times.
Laughing with glee at the random, silly chatter I can have with close friends and family.
Being around my brothers and/or husband when they're in really good, silly moods.
Watching babies do outrageously funny and cute things.
Road trips with awesome people who can engage in a light-hearted conversation and who have good taste in music.
Interpreting the facial expressions of random strangers through explanation with my own witty, comical, mock dialogue.
Wearing colorful, striped socks in public to see who will notice and how they react. ;)
Being in the kitchen with other people all doing our own thing while listening to the radio, chill-axin' together.
Seeing my mother smile and laugh, getting to do that with her.
Making that "connection" with another person.
Watching funny @$$ sh!t on youtube with someone else.
I find sleeping and dreaming to be fun, as well.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot- playing ultimate frisbee to the pleasant smell of grass and the warm sun soaking in my skin. I always have fun going to parks as it instills in me an invigorating, happy, care-free feeling. I also absolutely adored playing on tire swings, slipping down metal slides and running free like the wind as a child. I suppose my understanding of this behavior is that I felt very mentally exhausted, so I always enjoyed reprieve from mind tasks to live/feel through my body when given the chance; The physical activity also had a way of rejuvenating my mind, making it easier to return to a mental focus when I again had to.

seeing a good metal band
hanging with friends
watching movies
camping
going to hippie festivals
having sex
formatting hard drives....wait....what??
GAH HAHAHAHAHHAAAA! XD

When I'm having the intellectually stimulating type of fun, (I call it "INTJ fun,") I get really animated. My tone of voice reflects my excitement. I become a lot more verbal, saying things like "Right," or "Uh-huh," or even interrupting the person out of my enthusiasm. I also use a lot more facial expressions and gestures to communicate.

o_o -_- o_o *blink* That's me, too!

I often have to apologize for interrupting people when I'm excited/energized about a conversation ^_^; I'm also prone to experience "goofy, sleep deprived fun" which can get even zanier when I'm also tipsy- I will laugh about the most ridiculous stuff when that silliness strikes and I go with it. I'm not sure if it's my brain taking a much needed break from all the serious discourse it's been having with itself or what... but I like it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good discussions
Hanging out with my closer friends
Board and card games... I'm somewhat competitive, but not too much
Driving my car - definitely this, I love driving
Doing things with animals, esp horses
Working with machines
Watching good movies - I like the ones with more depth (historical, political)... action films and chick flicks etc bore me to death
Listening to music
Gigs and concerts
Playing guitar & harmonica
Reading (both fiction & non-fiction)
Thinking and spacing out, lol
Attending interesting lectures, generally learning new things
Long walks, jogging, biking... solitary time put in good use
Being in nature, observing it
Working on my computer (programming, graphics etc)
Eating, sleeping
Cooking - for some reason I like this very much (perhaps because I like to eat :crazy:)
Accomplishing something insanely difficult
Just being alone

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
in no pacific order:

Meeting new interesting people. I get such a buzz from that.
Strobe lights.
Most importantly: nothing! Doing nothing is fun without drink or drugs.
Playing pranks on people.
Playing piano.
Fun fairs with lots of crazy roller coasters.
Shopping.
Playing playstation.
Reading a good book or manga.
Sports of any kind.
Sex.
Sleeping.
Eating.
Fighting.
Technology.
Collecting things.
Going for walks in places I've never been (ie. Getting lost)
Beach.
Cinema.
Painting.
Writing.
Drawing.
Laughing (obvisiously xD)
Comedy gigs.
Concerts.
Exploring places people usually wouldn't want to explore (like foresty places or old buildings like old shut down factories)
Climbing things.
Driving really fast.
Water balloons and guns.
Trampolines.
Pillow fights.
Pets.
Building and making things.
Camping.
Sitting in trees and reading.
Playing hide and go seek in a huge place haha.
Challenging kids to a game of football.
Dressing up like a ninja and pranking people in town.
Truth or dare haha.

Am I getting too specific? That's my idea of fun and the reason why 7s are the funnest kind of people to be around.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 16 of 16 Posts