Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A simple question, riiiight? I am interested in thoughtful perceptions of modern television shows. Name more than one if you want, but be mindful of... nm go ahead and rant if you want. I will read them all.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sponge Bob Square Pants.
It is monotonous. Juvenile. Repetitive. Uncreative. Unoriginal. Brain melting shit.
There is nothing to it that involves mental stimulation.
There is no complexity or uniqueness to the series, it just plays up all the crappy toilet humor that has worked for other industries.
It's not even funny. Just EXTREMELY obnoxious.
The art isn't even good, which would be okay in an original series with an involved story, but this is just not the case. Nothing ever changes in the world of SpongeBob. The octopus will always be a prick, the crab will always own a restaurant, the starfish will always be a 'tard that sticks his tongue out when all else fails.
It is stagnant, un-evolving and uninvolved, steaming bull-turd.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Big Bang Theory. SJ humor = me ANGRY.

EDIT: I forgot to include award shows. What type of person watches that shit? They are million-dollar ceremonies celebrating America's cultural cesspool. It's like a big circle jerk for retards who receive absurd amounts of recognition for appeasing to people who wish they had the dollars to be in that very position.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Show:

Dancing with the Stars and other shows of the like

Reason:

Hack, reality-TV stars do horizontal tangos with ex-celebrity, Botox-injected, crypt-keeper old remnants of 15-minute fame. Not to mention, talentless attention-whores fulfill the roles of stereotypical judges, on these spin-offs of spin-offs of spin-offs.

There is always a smug, asshole, foreign judge, with has no legitimate qualifications for judging actual talent. The second judge is usually a once beautiful pseudo-singer, draped in pretentious new fashions, who is overly nice to the competitors. The third judge is the least important but usually helps balance the sexual tension between the first two judges. Each week, millions of aimless Americans mindlessly watch this show along with numerous advertisements, including plugs for other spin-off shows. Audiences eagerly watch the watered-down performances of competitors and vote for the least pathetic competitor, which does not matter, because the show probably fixed the results beforehand.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Sponge Bob Square Pants.
It is monotonous. Juvenile. Repetitive. Uncreative. Unoriginal. Brain melting shit.
There is nothing to it that involves mental stimulation.
There is no complexity or uniqueness to the series, it just plays up all the crappy toilet humor that has worked for other industries.
It's not even funny. Just EXTREMELY obnoxious.
The art isn't even good, which would be okay in an original series with an involved story, but this is just not the case. Nothing ever changes in the world of SpongeBob. The octopus will always be a prick, the crab will always own a restaurant, the starfish will always be a 'tard that sticks his tongue out when all else fails.
It is stagnant, un-evolving and uninvolved, steaming bull-turd.
Jesus effin' christ. Why don't you get off the sofa and stop analyzing Spongebob so hard so that the 8 year olds can watch it in peace.

:p

Being serious now, I'd have to say Joizey Shore. And The Hills when it was on.

The Hills:

Girls tanning, Black eyed peas music, they shop for shiny blue dresses, outdoor patio parties, talking to guys named Brody, Ryan or what the fuck ever, techno music, uptalk speaking, crying, "la la la laaaa don't funk with my heeaart", fashion party, Lauren and Kristin make awkward eye contact, boom boom techno music, more crying.

See Spark? I guess I can't even take my own advice. :crazy:

·
Registered
80 Posts
@Gd
I do not watch SQP. Ever. I did, however, used to work in a daycare. Let me tell you it makes me SICK to see other caretakers who are too lazy to do their friggin job and instead let the tv be the babysitter. I also have young cousins who have wanted me to sit with them. I feel sorry for those kids.

@ everyone else, cheers to you. I agree completely Xp

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
@Gd
I do not watch SQP. Ever. I did, however, used to work in a daycare. Let me tell you it makes me SICK to see other caretakers who are too lazy to do their friggin job and instead let the tv be the babysitter. I also have young cousins who have wanted me to sit with them. I feel sorry for those kids.

@ everyone else, cheers to you. I agree completely Xp
lol. And the saddest part is that there ARE people who think that Spongebob has "sophisticated humor". Yes, I do mean adults. No, they weren't being sarcastic.

It's a scary world. :crazy:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Big Bang Theory

Reason: It's nothing more than a minstrel show with geeks instead of blacks. Try watching it without the overused laugh track you'll see how unfunny the show is and how it should have been killed the very first season.

·
Banned
644 Posts
Really? No one has listed Hannah Montana yet? Or should the show be called Miley Cyrus? Whatever, I'm not into identity crisis chicks.

Dam*, every time I watch Miley act on TV, my body cringes and twitches so much that I nearly roll out of my bed(and it's a King Size). And no, I don't care if she "supposed" to act like that for the sake of "entertainment". The sad thing is, I understand that and still suffer the "eyesoring" pain. That's how bad this show is, in my opinion. The "humor" is too corny and stupid and the "situations"...well, I don't know and don't care - except that the characters die a painful death to end the show (not the actors/actresses, see, I'm not a bad person). But isn't Miley playing herself in the show...ahh Fuc* it, kill 'em all.

Bottom line: all Disney shows suck.

New Family Guy episodes. C'mon Seth. Put some more effort into the series and dump the cheap, stale humor that has been plaguing the show. You can do it. Just re-watch the old episodes (hire some new writers) and you will understand once again my friend.

I find most sitcoms lame, fake, and uninteresting in general.

The only quality TV show that I enjoy is Star Trek: The Next Generation.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
If it's not something like the Discovery channel, Animal Planet, TLC, HGTV or something like that, I probably think it's bad. Lost on the other hand, is awesome IMO. I haven't seen the final season of it though but I can't imagine being disappointed.
That's what I thought too... :crazy:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Bottom line: all Disney shows suck.

New Family Guy episodes. C'mon Seth. Put some more effort into the series and dump the cheap, stale humor that has been plaguing the show. You can do it. Just re-watch the old episodes (hire some new writers) and you will understand once again my friend.
I was going to say all Disney shows in general and Family Guy... but I'm an adult and shouldn't be watching Disney shows anyway and Family guy just isn't my style. lol

·
Registered
743 Posts
If it's not something like the Discovery channel, Animal Planet, TLC, HGTV or something like that, I probably think it's bad. Lost on the other hand, is awesome IMO. I haven't seen the final season of it though but I can't imagine being disappointed.
Yeah pretty much this but replace Lost with Dexter. There are just too many stupid shows to narrow it down to one. The Big Bang theory is crap, American Dad and the Cleavland Show are crap, 2 1/2 men is crap, The Simpsons became crap...I'm starting to remember why I don't watch TV anymore.

Family guy used to make me laugh when I was 13 but it just got stupid and annoying. Or maybe I matured? One or the other.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts