Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ENFPs!!!!! I want to know if we have the same love languages... just wondering! hahahhaa
my list is... from 1 to 5 (the first is the one that i "use more" and the last one is almost insignificant to me)
1. words (compliments, and declarations of love)
2. spend time together
3. service
4. touch
5. gifts

what about you?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey :happy: me and my friend just talked about love languages not long ago, I think mine would be
1. Quality time
2. Words
3. Service
4.Touch
5. Gifts

So it's pretty similar to yours, just with the first two switched lol.... I wonder if our personality types really affect our love languages, would be interesting to hear other types opinions too :cool:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've always had a really hard time picking between words, touch, and quality time--but then comes service, and last always comes gifts.

I wish I could opt out of receiving gifts in general, because I'm admittedly REALLY hard to buy for. It also stresses me out when I have to deal with someone whose love language is gifts, because I know it's so important to them...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Did the test on 5lovelanguages.com. The numbers are scores, not ranks, obviously :)

11 Quality Time
9 Physical Touch
7 Words of Affirmation
3 Acts of Service
0 Receiving Gifts

Gifts being at the bottom was expected.
Acts of Service being low I think is a lot about that I "don't need" or don't want to need help. Independence is very important to me.

So those were easy, and Quality Time being at the top I would've guessed in advance as well. But which one is number 2 and 3, and how close they are to 1 and so on, is harder.

A great moment this year with a girl was neither about touch, words, acts of service or gifts. Sure, we said stuff, but what I remember is smiles and blushing... :)

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Very interesting, I took the same test and got very similar results as @Sinsinity

10 Quality Time
9 Physical Touch
7 Words of Affirmation
2 Acts of Service
2 Receiving Gifts

Noticing an interesting pattern here, ENFPs don't want gifts lol. Also like Sinsinity, independence is extremely important to me, I don't want to need help. If someone helps me when I didn't ask them to, I'm less likely to feel appreciative, and more likely to feel guilty, or even slightly resentful if it's something I could have done myself.

I wonder if gender roles is why us ENFP guys value touch so much more than the ENFP girls. Society highly encourages us to suppress our touchy feely side, so when we do get to be touchy feely it is much more meaningful. Whereas girls get to be touchy feely all the time, so it won't be as meaningful.

Reactions: Sinsinity

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
1. Touch
2. Quality Time
3. Gifts
4. Words of affirmation
5. Acts of service

I used to think that gifts were last, but I noticed (especially since Christmas) that if the gifts I receive aren't thoughtful, I get kind of upset and feel personally underappreciated...so I guess gifts do matter to me. I don't demand gifts to feel loved, but I do think that gifts matter. The kind you give. Don't give generic gifts. Give gifts that make you think of someone. Give gifts that you see and go, "whoa. That's perfect for this person." Stop giving soap and chocolate and gloves - start THINKING about what your gift MEANS.

Whoops. Mini-rant. I'm very grateful for my Christmas presents and I know I'm lucky to get anything. But one time someone told me, "I used to be a terrible gift-giver; I gave people things I liked. The day I realized I should give them things they would like, I became an amazing gift-giver." I make it my goal to give people things that they would like but would never buy for themselves. Something they wouldn't buy because they don't need it, but something that still makes sense for them to have. One of the best gifts I got was a time turner necklace. It was beautiful - and did I need it? No. But I wore it, I displayed it, it was pretty and I loved it. Never would have bought it for myself.

Anyway.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Quality time and words of affirmation are my top 2, followed by touch (which requires me to be very familiar with the other person). I find gift giving and acts of service very awkward and uncomfortable because I think fairness is one of my more important values so if I don't do or give something equally as nice, I feel really guilty. This doesn't apply to special occasions (i.e. Christmas, birthdays).

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I was JUST thinking about this!

1. Touch

2. Quality Time

3. Words of Affirmation

4. Acts of Service

5. Gifts

·
Registered
34 Posts
1. Words of Affirmation
2. Quality time
3. Physical Touch
4. Acts of service
5. Gifts

#1 is a solid first place, but I feel like quality time and physical touch interweave and are nearly equal in importance to me.)) Top 3 are all crucial in how 'loved' I feel.

If I care about someone a lot, I'll show it in as many ways as possible. Whichever way makes them feel most loved, I'll concentrate there. But speaking *all* languages, on some level gives more room for expression.<33

·
Registered
511 Posts
1. touch
2. spend time together
3. gifts
4. words (compliments, and declarations of love)
5. service

Reactions: galactic collision

·
Registered
432 Posts
Quality time and words of affirmation are my top 2, followed by touch (which requires me to be very familiar with the other person). I find gift giving and acts of service very awkward and uncomfortable because I think fairness is one of my more important values so if I don't do or give something equally as nice, I feel really guilty. This doesn't apply to special occasions (i.e. Christmas, birthdays).
That's kinda my situation as well.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
1. Touch
2. Quality Time
3. Gifts
4. Words of affirmation
5. Acts of service

I used to think that gifts were last, but I noticed (especially since Christmas) that if the gifts I receive aren't thoughtful, I get kind of upset and feel personally underappreciated...so I guess gifts do matter to me. I don't demand gifts to feel loved, but I do think that gifts matter. The kind you give. Don't give generic gifts. Give gifts that make you think of someone. Give gifts that you see and go, "whoa. That's perfect for this person." Stop giving soap and chocolate and gloves - start THINKING about what your gift MEANS.

Whoops. Mini-rant. I'm very grateful for my Christmas presents and I know I'm lucky to get anything. But one time someone told me, "I used to be a terrible gift-giver; I gave people things I liked. The day I realized I should give them things they would like, I became an amazing gift-giver." I make it my goal to give people things that they would like but would never buy for themselves. Something they wouldn't buy because they don't need it, but something that still makes sense for them to have. One of the best gifts I got was a time turner necklace. It was beautiful - and did I need it? No. But I wore it, I displayed it, it was pretty and I loved it. Never would have bought it for myself.

Anyway.
OH DEAR GOD THIS!
I don't demand a gift or anything close to that but I hate when I receive a gift and it's something so generic or even worse when it's just a "why in the fucking hell did you think this was good for me?" My birthday is in December and so I get the short end of the stick so when people give me one gift for Christmas and my birthday I feel like I was jipped (spelling?) because if my birthday was in July you wouldn't have done, and that's not to say that I expect two really big gifts but to me it feels like you're not acknowledging my birthday! /that rant.
But this year I wanted The Doors CDs, I have the albums through iTunes but I wanted a physical copy because the CDs mean very much to me and I wanted them, simple as that. I also wanted an iTunes card because I wanted other things, but my mom and brother thought they were being cute/funny and just got me an iTunes card and said, "there, we combined a gift!" when they know that I own the albums through iTunes, so I was pretty pissed about that. Someone got me two of the albums so I'm really happy about that but now I need to spend 40 dollars on the other 4. /rant
But my main point is, that instead of getting me the thing I really wanted, the CDs, my mom got me socks and crap that I really didn't even need or want. And every year for Christmas my mom's side of the family (I hardly talk to my dads' side and they're Jewish) gives me useless crap that it's like "oh here's something, okay onto the next person!" and I've just come to the expect to be disappointed. Although this year my one aunt got me a bag and it's a hobo type of bag, and it has peace signs and it's really my style. So I guess gifts do matter! Again, I don't expect gifts but if you choose to get me something, at least put effort into finding something that I will love! I think it's more of the idea of being thought of. If someone tells me they thought of me when they saw/heard/ate/did a thing, it seriously makes my day!
But again, I completely agree with you! Stop giving me socks and shit I don't need, and give me something meaningful!

About three months ago, a girl I work with came in one day with a plastic bag and it had three albums from The Doors on vinyl and they were really old copies too and I still to this day can't believe she would just give them to me because one day she found them, they were her dads' (with his permission of course) and because she knows I love them! Like that to me was the best gift I have ever received because she saw something and thought of me and it meant so much to me!

Sorry to rant ah!

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
Your Scores

8 Quality Time
7 Physical Touch
7 Words of Affirmation
4 Acts of Service
4 Receiving Gifts

Pretty spot on :D