• Physical Touch

Votes: 5 21.7%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read about them and/or take the test if you are unsure: The Five Love Languages

We all have a language or two who are stronger than the rest, but most people can relate to all of them in one way or another:

1. Words of Affirmation: This language uses words to affirm other people

2. Acts of Service: For these people, action speaks louder than words

3. Receiving Gifts: For some people, what makes them feel most loved is to receive a gift

4. Quality Time: This language is all about giving the other person your undivided attention

5. Physical Touch: To this person, nothing speaks more deeply than appropriate touch

I recommend the book to anyone who wants to better understand how to meet a partner/family member/friend in the way they appreciate it the most. A relationship where both feel seen, heard and met is incredibly nurturing and giving; to create joy, happiness and growth together. What is your love language and are you willing to make an effort to learn to "speak" a different language as well?

Feel free to write a post below on your language(s) and how this has affected your life and/or relationships :) I really loved and enjoyed the book - it helped my relationships a lot; both romantic and with family/friends :)

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I took this awhile back and earlier in the year my results were:

12 Quality Time

8 Words of affirmation

5 Acts of services

5 Receiving gifts

0 Physical touch

I'll take the test you provided, edit this post, and let you know my score. : )

Okay, I took it again my results were:

12 Quality time

8 Acts of service

6 Words of affirmation

3 Gifts

1 Physical touch

I feel as though my testing might be off, though... I have really touchy / feely people in my life, so I've never not had that in my life. That might be why I don't feel that I need that as much? I don't know...

Reactions: Empathia

·
Rogue Jungian
1,387 Posts
9 Quality Time
8 Physical Touch
8 Words of Affirmation
3 Acts of Service
2 Receiving Gifts

·
Registered
696 Posts
To convey love:

Service
Affirmation (implicit)
Touch
Time
Gifts

To feel as though I am loved:

Time/Presence/Availability
Touch
Affirmation (implicit)
Service
Gifts (of sentimental value - not cost.)

·
Registered
383 Posts
11 Quality Time
9 Words of Affirmation
5 Physical Touch
4 Acts of Service
1 Receiving Gifts

·
PerC Mermaid
23,481 Posts
Your Scores
11Quality Time
9Words of Affirmation
7Physical Touch
3Acts of Service
0Receiving Gifts

·
Registered
24,623 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Judging on how the test was worded, it's about your own preference of ways to receive love?

10 Physical Touch
9 Quality Time
6 Words of Affirmation
4 Acts of Service
1 Receiving Gifts

Then again, physical touch could sometimes be considered quality time, and perhaps an act of service too... (*wink wink*?)

·
Registered
478 Posts
When I first read about it briefly I'd have answers like the rest of you but after having read it in a lot more detail I actually think INFJs tend to react a lot more to words of affirmation than they'd likely at first understand; it's not in it's abundance but the quality of the affirmation, it might say 'words' but we don't exactly listen to words, what we listen to is intent and meaning, it has the power to completely change our mood, mind and feelings just by having someone listen to us and not tell us we're wrong and also by just having someone accept the words we to share towards them.

Receiving:
Quality Time
Physical Touch
Words of Affirmation
Acts of Service
Receiving Gifts
The first 3 are relatively close ties, with the rest trailing behind.

It differs slightly when giving as everyone has their preferences. Oddly enough, the only way I express love is through acts of service when I first get to know someone, followed with words of affirmation then quality time.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Just off of memory and knowing myself, the words of affirmation was a point or two above the quality time. Physical touch is at the bottom.

·
Banned
119 Posts
So this question is about what I value the most, which results in making me feel loved:

10 Physical Touch
Re-affirming physical contact in an appropriate manner is greatly appreciated, through for example a touch on the shoulder or stroking my upper arm, or the like. Hugging and holding hands are things I value a lot from female friends.
Oh, and I think I should make a side note: Because this is something much valued, it also means I'm very reserved with it in the beginning of a relationship and I prefer to exclude touch during the dating process. In fact the man I am with should better show me that he respects me.
9 Quality Time
Communication is key, having intimacy through sharing thoughts and secrets (parts about you that nobody else knows) & also sharing some interests/hobbies (though I do need some alone time, as an introvert) & just sharing memories/experiences, that is I think bonding together.
8 Words of Affirmation
Words tend to have deep impact in a positive way and unfortunately can cut deep when negative. I'm very sensitive to words.
7 Acts of Service
I appreciate it a lot when someone offers their help and actually does help if needed, but I also tend to feel uncomfortable, when I know the other person is doing something they do not particularly like. And for me I think it would be troublesome, if the other person primarily feels loved through Acts of Service, because I think it can drain me a lot (especially Se-related stuff).
5 Receiving Gifts
It's not like I need a lot of stuff, but I appreciate the thought behind it (them thinking of me), and I appreciate a "sharing mentality", people who appropriately share what they have as a sign of not being greedy, in fact I respect them a lot.

·
Registered
94 Posts
10 - Quality Time
6 - Acts of Service
6 - Physical Touch
5 - Words of Affirmation
3 - Receiving Gifts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts