Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.4%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is your marital status? If you want to elaborate, please do so. If your choice is other, please give the reason if you are so inclined.

I'm single, never been married, & not dating. I just haven't met anyone who has piqued my interest. For me physical attraction is the easy part, it's the other aspects of a relationship that I find harder to reconcile. I find intimacy on all it's levels to be a bit intimidating.

I am curious to see what the results of the poll are.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Single, I had a couple dates in my life but never lead to anything. My lack of experience is making unable to be aggressive and take the initiative or be confident. I have no problem making a girl find me attractive, funny or interesting but the second any bit of romance is involved, I wanna run the other way and hide under a rock.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm probably going to end up in a common law marriage soon... when I get the money to cough up a fat gold ring for my bf.

Reactions: Mmmm

·
Banned
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Single, I had a couple dates in my life but never lead to anything. My lack of experience is making unable to be aggressive and take the initiative or be confident. I have no problem making a girl find me attractive, funny or interesting but the second any bit of romance is involved, I wanna run the other way and hide under a rock.
I can totally relate to this. It's been the same for me. I wonder why that is? If it's the introversion, the over analyzing, or the idealism for me, who knows???? There was one man an ENFJ coworker who I fell for but to tell you the truth if he had reciprocated my feelings I'm not sure I would have known what to do with him.

·
Spam-I-am
13,709 Posts
confirmed bachelor
quit dating 10+ y/a
longest relationship was 1 year
i'm a hard core 5w6 sp
i do not feel lonely nor find the need to date
it's too exhausting mentally and physically
sucks up to much time and takes away mental energy better used for studying philosophy

·
Delphic Seer
18,076 Posts
Single (prolly for life) :unsure:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Forever alone...

For me physical attraction is the easy part, it's the other aspects of a relationship that I find harder to reconcile.
I'm similar. It's easy for me to be drawn to someone based on physical attributes, but unfortunately that's where the attraction ends in my experience. There has to be something more behind those "good looks".

I find intimacy on all it's levels to be a bit intimidating.
Agreed.

·
Meh.
8,065 Posts
I guess 'de-facto' is the best way to describe it.

I'd get married if he asked (I asked, he laughed. so yeah. that was that.) As long as we don't have to do the wedding thing.

In the grand scheme of things it wouldn't really change anything in the relationship.

·
Banned
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really do love my alone time but there are times like today when I wish I had someone to be with. This afternoon I thought about going to a movie, which I'm used to going on my own but..... I wanted to watch a thriller and I'd prefer someone I know sitting next to me cause my imagination can get the better of me sometimes. :shocked: Oh well I guess I will have to watch it when it comes out on DVD. :tongue:

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,008 Posts
I'm married. My wife and I both disagreed with the social norm of marriage but married largely to dissuade my wife's parents' religiously-motivated disapproval of our relationship and also because we wanted to be together permanently and marriage seemed like the best way to be taken seriously, ahah. I mean, even financially-speaking, you get benefits for being married, so, yeah.

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,008 Posts
@Clyme Do you mind me asking what type your wife is? And were you very young when you got married?
I don't mind at all. I'm not sure what type she is. She originally typed as an ISFP but I think she's gotten a few different ones. So, I'm not really sure. As for my age, I had just turned 19 when I got married. I'm now 20 going on 21. I've been with her since I was 15.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts