Personality Cafe banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might have already been asked before (I haven't been active in a while) but anyway I'm an ESTP and I've been in a serious relationship with a male INxP. He thinks he's an INTP but I get some serious F vibes from him. There's a lot of chemistry between us, but sometimes there's conflict where he doesn't think I'm affectionate enough and I think he can be too sensitive. Overall he's a really funny and sweet guy.
What's your type and the type of your significant other? What kind of conflict do you have with them and how does it work out for you guys?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm an INFP & I believe my boyfriend is an ENFP. We get along perfectly, it just feels so right & warm & safe. We love to be intimate & touching all the time but we also have the best conversations & laugh a lot. The closest thing we've come to conflict is arguing over who's more beautiful.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Not in a relationship but I'm dating a man right now who is probably ISTJ like me .

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I'm an ENFP (probably) with an INFP <3 Tbh I can't think of anything super conflicting at all in our relationship (except dat mad distance yo), we love each other very much and have great chemistry >w<

·
Registered
268 Posts
ISTP, and my girlfriend in INFJ. We get along great, but I need to work on expressing my emotions/feelings more.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I dont have a partner.

I am pretty sure all my serious partners have been
INFP
ENFP
ISFP
(There seems to be a chemistry between me and these types but I dont think we are compatible)

I would date aside from those above what seems desirable are these types when I see them in life or even read here.....
ENTX
XSTP
XNFJ
IXTJ

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Me: INTJ
Her: crazy

ha ha no, most have been ENFP, amazing and lovely

What kind of conflict do you have with them and how does it work out for you guys?
Most of times: she wants to go to everest but has no clue on how to get there or how difficult things are. While me knowing where it is, how hard it is, what it takes to get there. So, at times her emotional side saw me as someone who needs a lot of planning
(not actually true) to do things, or someone who doesn't let her do things. My approach over the years was handing the power and freedom to them, so they can do things... they failed, with me all we wanted to do was possible given the circumstances and steps to follow.

I learned to live with that, it's a lack of mutual vision of how both of us see life and how to do things, so, sometimes enfps said to me wanted something was like asking a wish, me like going to the supermarket to make it happen. I'm a natural caretaker so I have no problem with that, I like to give.

Intjs have such fame of being boring, heavy planners, etc. It takes a while to analyze the complains, some people complain about too much planning but fail to see there is an outcome from that. Real intj forums have a wide variety of examples of minds that need to experience diff things, most of us have been in many things, sports, jobs, nature, cities, etc. It's a narrow vision that usually brings poor judging.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
This might be of more interest for you than my previous post.

* On the edge of marriage conversations I faced a sad feeling, seeing how slowly they evaluated real life near risks, budget and seeing that over future years, near or not. It's not bad, it's a difference between characters and personalities, but it felt weird... feeling I was the only one seeing things to come and feeling the burden and weight. My approach is to talk about it because at the end each person can have diff or better abilities, it's up to both to make the best out of it, it's not a competition or to say "I can see this, you can't", it's about team work: you see this I see that, you take care of this I'll take care of that, and discussing it together means we deal with it together.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Me: Female INFP
SO: Male INTJ

Sounds like a bomb waiting to go off, right? Nah it's absolutely beautiful. Very easy, stimulating relationship full of nerdy discussions, philosophy, analysis, mutual hobbies, support, loyalty, understanding and a lot of personal growth for both of us within the couple.

He helps me get out of my emotional ruts and pessimistic procrastination whenever it comes about, I help him with the reassurance he needs sometimes, indulgence in emotion and generally initiate fun spontaneity. A really good mix of logic and dream chasing. We get each other and are comfortable with each others quirks. It's a wonderful relationship and a year in, I'm hopeful it'll last many many more.

And the sex is all I could ever want. Loving, intimate, fun, kinky and adventurous all mixed up. Which, you know, helps.

·
MOTM June 2015
4,393 Posts
Me: ISTJ

Husband: probably either INTJ or INFJ. I tend to think he is probably an INTJ. We get along just fine and have been married for a very long time. Our main problem through the years has been communication. At times it is almost non-existent. I'm not sure if this is an INTJ or INFJ thing. He doesn't like to talk through things, he wants to think through things. If I could only read his mind it would be great.

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,008 Posts
I'm an INTJ and I'm married to an ISFP. We get along extremely well. We're like best friends really, and we're extremely co-dependent. We don't really fight over anything.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm an INFP and my bf is an INTJ.

He is the loveliest guy I have ever met but it took a while to figure him out when we were first dating. I have never been as confused in the beginning of previous relationships before as this one. I thought he was aloof and confusing and he thought he was being obvious in his intentions to date me. But now years later I know him better than anyone and love him dearly and his quirks. As far as conflict goes- we don't really fight at all but we make sure to discuss things that come up straight away and we have very similar values so it just works. He is a great listener and always gives me practical advice when I'm stuck in a thought loop or irrationally upset over things someone says (or didn't even say). I've never met someone who is so good at giving advice and seeing situations from all perspectives. I help him remember his family birthdays (and pick presents) and encourage him to call or see friends/family when I can tell they miss him. We read together (sometimes the same books so we can discuss them) and if the other person is waiting to read the book we take turns while the other person plays xbox, next to each other on the couch. :tongue: We've been together 7 years this July <3

·
PerC Mermaid
23,481 Posts
I am an INFJ in a relationship with another INFJ.
It´s perfect for the most part. I´ve never felt more accepted in my life. He figured me out quickly, he knows me and my quirks well.
He´s open and honest and our communication is great. I can talk about everything and anything with him.

If there is something we need to be careful about is that we both need our reassurance so, if one of us stops providing that, we can get caught in a kind of a loop and being from a withdrawal type things can get ugly for a while.

Ours is a co dependant relationship and I undertand that is a bad thing for most. I am needy, what can say, good thing he doesn´t mind =)

Reactions: GoodOldDreamer

·
Registered
617 Posts
ISTP in a relationship with an ESTP. Not married, but it's pretty smooth sailing so far. Similar interests really go a long way in compatibility.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts