Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 551 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am quite interested in what other personality types are interested in when it comes to education.

My favorite subjects in school are history, art, music, english, and building things ( I forgot what its called :confused:)

My least favorite is anything that has to do with math. I am quite lethargic when it comes to that subject because I get frustrated that there is only one solution to a problem.:unsure:

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
My favorites were art, creative writing, music, psychology, and some of the more hands-on physics classes that allowed for creative problem-solving based on what we were learning. My least favorite classes were history, math (except for geometry), physical education, personal finance, anything to do with economics or business, French, and the boring science classes where we just sat around listening to dull lectures.

When I got to college, I loved all of my philosophy classes, especially the ones on existentialism and aesthetics. I liked figure drawing, sculpting, and poetry, but I hated all of the boring art history classes that were required to major in art. I got all necessary credits to minor in philosophy before dropping out, but only because none of the philosophy classes were boring. They were more about the ideas than about the history of the ideas. I hate history. I can never remember the "who," the "when," and the "where." The "why" and "what" are easy because those parts have intrinsic meaning. My problem is that the more concrete aspects have meaning for me only if I can connect them to meaningful abstractions. I'm too "N" for my own good.

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My favorites were art, creative writing, music, psychology, and some of the more hands-on physics classes that allowed for creative problem-solving based on what we were learning. My least favorite classes were history, math (except for geometry), physical education, personal finance, anything to do with economics or business, French, and the boring science classes where we just sat around listening to dull lectures.

When I got to college, I loved all of my philosophy classes, especially the ones on existentialism and aesthetics. I liked figure drawing, sculpting, and poetry, but I hated all of the boring art history classes that were required to major in art. I got all necessary credits to minor in philosophy before dropping out, but only because none of the philosophy classes were boring. They were more about the ideas than about the history of the ideas. I hate history. I can never remember the "who," the "when," and the "where." The "why" and "what" are easy because those parts have intrinsic meaning. My problem is that the more concrete aspects have meaning for me only if I can connect them to meaningful abstractions. I'm too "N" for my own good.
I believe you will have a great career in psychology. I myself like psychology and I believe its one of the best career choices for us infps since we are "Feelers and Perceivers."

·
Registered
184 Posts
Most favorite, is P.E., I always get 100% in it, least favorite, Science. I always get like a B in it. I get straight A's, so geting a B is like "$*%#!!". Lol

Cheers

stickynote.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I love them all!!! How could I pick just one!?!?

Learning 4 Life ; )

Reactions: JennyBanana

·
Registered
11 Posts
My favourite subject in school was Business studies. The subject gave me a lot of knowledge that I am able to utilize today.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Business studies? Wow. Must have been really interesting. May i ask your current occupation, since you really liked business studies? :p

Cheers,

Sticky.

·
Registered
871 Posts
very tough choice... school before college was laughable. 13 years wasted and I arrived at college not knowing a single thing about what any subject actually is.

My college has been fantastic so far, though. Physics courses are the most fun, closely followed by philosophy (obviously, since they're my majors). Pretty much the only stuff I haven't liked so far here has been history, writing, and programming. Programming would have been cool, but my friend literally taught me everything I needed to know for the whole semester in three hours... kind of pointless.

My special relativity now is fascinating... and I've liked logic, and a class we call concepts of math as well. Math wasn't fun or challenging in high school, mostly because it's just cramming numbers into formulae and learning a few rules here and there. This class, though, is getting more down to the essence of math... fitting rules to situations and proving things like "there are more decimal numbers between 0 and 1 than there are integers." Much more exciting, much more worthwhile, and it actually forces you to use "creative logic" to solve problems. Much more satisfying.

History is the least favorite, mostly because all the evidence isn't right there in front of you. I had a prof who my Ne was screaming "he's revising history!" to me all semester long... and it was infuriating to realize how little there was I could do about it. How can you argue motives and make value judgments on what people have done centuries ago by digging up letters? You may have us read one book that uses 3 primary document evidence, but how am I to know that there aren't 97 more saying the exact opposite? Getting your evidence filtered through historians as if it were the only evidence is maddening.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My Most favorite subjects are Chemistry,Physics and least favorite is obviously maths. Actually my basicmaths teacher was too strict and he only to ask question so i hate maths in school.

·
Registered
305 Posts
in grade school, i liked reading and music classes, although i never seriously studied an instrument. i was generally at the top of my classes, except in math - for which i had some mental blocks - and science - which simply didn't interest me. when i was seven, i was supposed to skip a year, but my grandfather thought it would be bad for my (non-existent) social development. in fifth grade, it was recommended that i be put up a grade again, but my mother refused to allow it as she was afraid of the junior high school i'd have to go to. in 6th grade, i was reprimanded for bringing books to school because i'd finish my in-class assignments and homework as soon as possible in order to read them - which the teacher felt was unfair to the other kids. in junior high, i was interested in history but had trouble learning dates and had no interest in royal lines or wars, and when my favorite teacher gave me my first ever C in 7th grade (for history), i lost all interest in school and quickly started failing classes. high school was a nightmare - i was too busy being scared to really take any interest in my education, although i was in the advanced placement english class in tenth grade (i was dropped for poor attendance), and when i requested transfer to a continuation school right after that, i was on the yearbook staff and the peer counseling staff - which i really enjoyed. took an equivalency exam shortly after i turned 16 and passed, even though by then i was failing everything - essentially because i'd stopped going to school. when i started junior college the following semester, my favorite classes were pre-algebra and scene shop, but i didn't realize how much i liked the math class, and i dropped out of school to be a drug addict. (which was short-lived. i can't commit to much) ... when i went again a few years later, i discovered sociology and a little philosophy course called "introduction to logic" that opened my eyes. before i dropped out to become a vagabond bohemian expat.

now, however, i do ponder the possibility of going to university to study. and what i'd like to study is really surprising - to me. i'd like to get a degree in physics (theoretical) or cognitive neuroscience.

or maybe creative writing.

the short answer is "my favorite subject in school was geography", though.

Reactions: OutcastGenius

·
Registered
49 Posts
my most favorite subject in school are.., math, and chemistry which about science/chemistry or physics.
about science/chemistry or physics. im quite interested on this subject ,, like to heard all about scientist and there discoveries, but some time im so lazy to study during school lesson and exam coz i dont like to anwer them all :( about math i like to solve throug calculation some of formula like those using square roots and others

·
Registered
108 Posts
least fav subject

I have to agree... I absolutely hated anything that had to do with Math, especially Algebra.. could never understand it. And to think I work at a bank now... Now that's funny! Favorite subject was Psychology. The teacher, Mrs. Doyle, made it very interesting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree i despise maths, i'm starting to regret taking chemistry as theres so much math involved

Last year i would say science was my favourite subject but since moving on to the next stage in education it ain't as fun, and now I am totally in love with film studies and psychology.

·
Registered
387 Posts
when i'm at school i really luvs Biology..
what i hate the most is subject about civilization..i don't know if U.S had that kind of subject or not.. but it's such a boring and unimportant subject! i always imagine taking my pillow to classroom when that subject arrive.. -,-
sleepy one..
i can't do math well, but i don't hate it.. i find it interesting actually..

·
Registered
47 Posts
My favorite subject was Computers and physics . Just in pure love with logic !

I always hatred chemistry ! Never Understood it ! Always Cursed the teachers ! I firmly believe no normal person can understand chemistry !

·
Registered
387 Posts

I always hatred chemistry ! Never Understood it ! Always Cursed the teachers ! I firmly believe no normal person can understand chemistry !
:laughing: i'm not good at chemistry either.. but i kinda like it too!i think it's interesting.. and i'm sure there's still a normal person out there who understand chemistry.. maybe your teacher who's the one that not normal.. that's why u can't understand it well :tongue:

·
Registered
47 Posts
She was a very irritating character ! She had A PhD In chemistry though !and the teacher wasn't all that great in teaching though .

Really cant blame her ,the Chemistry out in the Indian Education system is real hard !

so it all added up to it !

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am quite interested in what other personality types are interested in when it comes to education.

My favorite subjects in school are history, art, music, english, and building things ( I forgot what its called :confused:)

My least favorite is anything that has to do with math. I am quite lethargic when it comes to that subject because I get frustrated that there is only one solution to a problem.:unsure:
oops!! i too hate maths..really agree what u say!!my favourite subject is english and science..

·
Registered
50 Posts

well!!ya i hate chemistry too..full of equations.. really squeezes of my head:sad:

1 - 20 of 551 Posts