Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being on personality cafe and other mediums, I've noticed I have a vey good connection with most INTJs.
Topics relating to science/math and even other subjects between us have been the best in terms of length(in terms of time), flow of ideas, relating and common ground.
I suspect Te/Ni and Ni/Te have a lot to do with it.
Im curious if any of you either know ENTJs in real life and how your interactions have been.
If you speak with an ENTJ on chat medium and/or on personality cafe as well, Im also interested in how you perceive them.
What do you like/dislike and what do you find you have in common in terms of general traits.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
I know a definite ENTJ and another that I'm not completely sure about.

But yeah. I get along with you lot fine. I don't know any ENTJs on this Forum though.

I can have a serious conversation with you.
Incredibly blunt and to the point.

Dislikes
One of them tends to throw a bit of a hissy fit if he thinks that something is unfair. It's really annoying.

Yeah. They haven't given me much to dislike.

Traits wise they share my sarcasm and the same joy I do in trolling people. They also have the same general interests as me.

Therefore I give ENTJs a verdict of:-

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know a definite ENTJ and another that I'm not completely sure about.

But yeah. I get along with you lot fine. I don't know any ENTJs on this Forum though.

I can have a serious conversation with you.
Incredibly blunt and to the point.

Dislikes
One of them tends to throw a bit of a hissy fit if he thinks that something is unfair. It's really annoying.

Yeah. They haven't given me much to dislike.

Traits wise they share my sarcasm and the same joy I do in trolling people. They also have the same general interests as me.
Thanks for the reply.
Interesting to see what you lot like about us (or dont) and the similarities.

I would agree with the sarcasm and the serious conversation. If anything, those would be my two highlights of commonalities between the NTJ types, and also my personal reason for why I click well with INTJs.

Some ENTJs are prone to anger when seeing something unfair, I know I definitely do this.
Perhaps not in the sense of a "hissy" fit. I could see that being a bit irritating XD

EDIT: Im laughing pretty hard at that picture. Almost contemplating if I should use that as my avater LOL

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I've only spoken with one via chat briefly, he was too E for me though, at one point I had to tell him to slow his roll, but other than that factor, we got along great, same type of humor, etc.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
One of my brothers is an ENTJ (and so is my Mom) and I have known plenty of them at work. I was hanging out with one of my favorite work ENTJS today. So fun and so logical. Such a joy to deal with.

I love working with ENTJs, but I find them kind of difficult in personal terms sometimes. It's not always great to have close family members who always discount feelings at home because they're so sick of balancing all that at work. Of course, it is handy to have them around when you need to get something done and don't feel like extroverting.

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
22,848 Posts
All of the interaction (that I can remember) on here with ENTJs have been pretty cool. A few similar likes and mutual respect in repartee. They have a great sense of humour from what I can gather too. IRL I have a close friend who is one of these. He is awesome. I love the way he assigns everyone a job and they all are happy to comply....he isn't so much bossy but an effiency machine. Yeah he does get upset if things don't go to plan but I guess that is because he is so organised himself that others would benefit from his gifts.....and he could possibly be right.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
My father is an ENTJ, so I could really add in on the negative traits here, lol.

Actually for the most part we get along great until our Js clash, most of the issues I have with him are related to his deteriorating memory (and refusal to factor that in when he argues over something that didn't happen as he remembered it). He is also colorblind, so when he decides to argue over what color something is I am torn between humor and pure irritation.

Out of everyone in my family though I seem to be the only one to "get" him and his actions, more so even than my IxFJ mother. The Extroversion/Introversion clash is the most annoying around other people though, whenever he is around I am nearly silent, he doesn't leave a lot of room edge wise. Sometimes it doesn't bother me, means I don't have to talk cause I know he will do it for me, my mother is the same way around him. Other times he will give his life story to a complete stranger and that irritates me, especially when I find out just how much he has told other people about me.

The biggest issues arise because I am an INTJ my plans are usually superior to his, :tongue: yet he will refuse to admit it. I think INTJ, ENTJ and INFJ are probably the most stubborn types, resulting in some rather serious issues if not watched out for. As far as strengths go, I think ultimately an ENTJ is far better at organizing other people, but an INTJ is simply more adept at getting it done without them. (personal opinion with only one INTJ and one ENTJ to gauge it upon)

Otherwise, ya he is one of the few people I can have an actual conversation with.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
ENTJs are fine, I generally get on better with the females than the males, they make up for my brashness with their cogeniality.

Otherwise, I ate an ENTJ once; came up on me with horrible acid reflux (yuck). I do not recommend eating ENTJs.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Positive:
Understand my sense of humor.
Can have serious conversations with.
Is blunt and to the point.
Intellectual and can mostly follow me when I speak.
Awesome, instant connection that feels deep.

Dislikes:
Stubborness... they are not opened to hearing my point of view; especially if they know its better.
Competition... they hate it when I am more intellectual than they are.
Domineering... they need it there way without any questions but they hate it when I challenge their decisions.
No adventure... they can be boring and not bring a sense of adventure to the connection.

·
Banned
301 Posts
Haven't met an ENTJ I don't like. They're really fun to talk to, though can be overwhelming if the conversation drags out too long for me, unless it's a really, really interesting topic. Most of them I've spoken to are also pretty competitive, but hey, I love competition. It's the motivation of my life.

Reactions: RhoAlphaNuAlpha

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone for the responses, so far this has been really interesting to read.
I genuinely like people putting out the pros and cons, it gives me insight to some of my own faults if I can relate to them.

So..keep it coming!

·
Registered
309 Posts
One of my best friends is an ENTJ. We just understand each other. Plain and simple.

Sometimes her temper can be overbearing if something doesn't go as planned for her, but I can handle it because I have a temper and understand that also for the most part. Business-wise (because I work for her as well), we move at the same pace and like I said before, we just understand each other. It's like we read each other's minds sometimes. Haha.

My father is an ENTJ and I've NEVER gotten along with him. Like I've said in many of my posts about him, we have a mutual hate for each other. He's pretty pushy and ALWAYS disappointed with something I've done. Those are the only two ENTJ's I know in real life. Surprisingly, I haven't talked to many ENTJ's on the forum so I can't say if I get along with them on here or not...

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Don't think I've met any in real life. Online and lurking seems to have given a good impression. I could see a clash though if one pushed too hard or tried hard to be bossy (or "bossy") - no one is as stubborn as I, particularly when I am annoyed. I think it would very much be an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object in that situation. Otherwise, I see potential (so long as (s)he wasn't really really strong E).

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Don't think I've met any in real life. Online and lurking seems to have given a good impression. I could see a clash though if one pushed too hard or tried hard to be bossy (or "bossy") - no one is as stubborn as I, particularly when I am annoyed. I think it would very much be an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object in that situation. Otherwise, I see potential (so long as (s)he wasn't really really strong E).
Understandable.
I think a common misconception is held that all, or most ENTJs, are considering bossy/domineering.
We aren't all like that.
I think anyone being pushy is quite annoying, regardless of type.

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Understandable.
I think a common misconception is held that all, or most ENTJs, are considering bossy/domineering.
We aren't all like that.
Yeah, that's why I added the quotation marks. Strong Te....I come off that way too sometimes. But I could see myself reacting badly to it from another in some contexts - it would depend on the topic. I can brush off a lot.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Understandable.
We aren't all like that.
People tend to miss out on the "natural leader" aspect. Natural leaders don't have to get all bossy.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
People tend to miss out on the "natural leader" aspect. Natural leaders don't have to get all bossy.
A "natural leader" is generally someone people follow willingly. My father is that way with a lot of people, until he comes across someone with an inflated ego who doesn't like to "follow". (IE: Me, lol)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts