Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all have very intelligent and complex minds that require a workout just as your physical body does.

My question to you is what do you feel your strongest psi ability is.

Mine is precognition, I have the uncanny ability of knowing what will happen before it does. Sometimes down to details.

Anyone post....I am curious as to what you all think

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
I don't believe that psychic abilities exist, but psychic healing would be THE COOLEST SHIT EVER HELL YEAH I'd just chill at hospitals all day long and exhaust myself by healing everyone. it'd be awesome.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't believe that psychic abilities exist, but psychic healing would be THE COOLEST SHIT EVER HELL YEAH I'd just chill at hospitals all day long and exhaust myself by healing everyone. it'd be awesome.
Ask yourself these questions:

Do you believe that humans typically only use ten percent of the brain?
Have you researched psychic healing?

Have you researched any mind study period?

I am not saying to change your beliefs I just think that if you feel that strongly about psychic healing you should research it before discarding it.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Aeromancy: the ability to interpret the shapes of clouds. We all know that's where my head's at. :crazy:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have some kind of Empathy going on, I'm not sure if it's a real psychic ability. But I believe in psychic abilities because I've been helped by real psychics before. Also I think not everything real can be proven yet. It's dumb to think we have all the answers. How can you get inside the mind?

I absorb what other people around me are feeling and sometimes I think that's why I experience random mood swings. I'm supersensitive to tension and can't concentrate. I operate much better at night when everyone goes to sleep.

If I feel sorry for somebody, I feel more like that person than like myself. It's weird to explain.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have some kind of Empathy going on, I'm not sure if it's a real psychic ability. But I believe in psychic abilities because I've been helped by real psychics before. Also I think not everything real can be proven yet. It's dumb to think we have all the answers. How can you get inside the mind?

I absorb what other people around me are feeling and sometimes I think that's why I experience random mood swings. I'm supersensitive to tension and can't concentrate. I operate much better at night when everyone goes to sleep.

If I feel sorry for somebody, I feel more like that person than like myself. It's weird to explain.
Google "empath" you might find some answers. I questioned this myself after watching an episode of "Charmed" where they encountered and empath and it really resonated with the way I felt sometimes. I believe it is a psychic ability. When you have an ability like this you have to ask for protection because you do not want to be overwhelmed with these feelings.

My bff is ISFP btw:crazy:

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
Ask yourself these questions:

Do you believe that humans typically only use ten percent of the brain?
I believe that humans are essentially hopeful creatures who want to believe in a lot of things that aren't necessarily true. (and I probably just set myself up for an awesome comeback right there by beginning with "I believe," oops)

I don't believe that humans only use ten percent of the brain, no. I like the idea, because powers would be fun and interesting and I'd love to have some of my own, but as far as I know (and I'm not a neuroscientist, so this isn't first-hand research or anything cool like that) the whole "we only use 10% of our brain!" myth is a myth.

10% of brain myth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do we really use only 10 percent of our brains?: Scientific American

Do People Only Use 10 Percent Of Their Brains?: Scientific American

Have you researched psychic healing?
yes, I have! I'm actually really interested in psychic healing and in empathy. the concepts are incredibly appealing to me. I don't think that psychic healing or empathy actually exist, but I've done a lot of reading on the topics and enjoyed myself quite a bit while doing so.

Have you researched any mind study period?
yes, psychology is one of my favorite fields to research and learn about. it's also incredibly depressing to me sometimes, but I still enjoy learning about it.

if by mind study you mean the more spiritual aspects, or the more psychic aspects, etc, of things, then yes, I have. like I said, I'm really interested in all of this. it's exciting. it's fun. it's something that one of my family members is really into, so I like discussing it with her, too.

but ultimately, I don't believe in psychic abilities. I will be ridiculously thrilled if I'm ever proven wrong, but until then, I believe that psychic abilities exist in fiction only.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't know if it's a psychic ability... I doubt it... but I ALWAYS know things about people that they don't know about themselves. I'm more keenly aware of others, sometimes, than I am of my own feelings and thoughts. I'm bizarrely perceptive.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe that humans are essentially hopeful creatures who want to believe in a lot of things that aren't necessarily true. (and I probably just set myself up for an awesome comeback right there by beginning with "I believe," oops)

I don't believe that humans only use ten percent of the brain, no. I like the idea, because powers would be fun and interesting and I'd love to have some of my own, but as far as I know (and I'm not a neuroscientist, so this isn't first-hand research or anything cool like that) the whole "we only use 10% of our brain!" myth is a myth.[/QUOTE=tuna;647702]

The theory doesn't imply 10% of brain usage completely. Obviously other functions use different portions of the brain. I think the theory is implying subconscious abilities as only being partially used.

10% could definitely be a miscalculation in this aspect but I guess I look at it on a broader spectrum and not specifically mathematical.

Do you believe in the subconscious mind?

Do you dream? If so, how do you explain that?

Have you ever interpreted a dream to be true?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Psychic ability = Conscious and Subconscious ability

Ultimately the same thing as intuition and feeling and thinking.

Inspiration comes from somewhere. Mine doesn't come from outward sources it comes from visions and feelings.

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
Do you believe in the subconscious mind?
No.

Do you dream? If so, how do you explain that?
Yes. As far as I know, there isn't a widely accepted biological explanation for dreaming, and I'm not going to attempt any amateur oneiropathy by trying to explain it myself. I have dreams, they're interesting, I'm interested in the biology behind them, but I don't believe that dreams are a psychic or spiritual phenomenon.

Have you ever interpreted a dream to be true?
No, I haven't.

Psychic ability = Conscious and Subconscious ability

Ultimately the same thing as intuition and feeling and thinking.

Inspiration comes from somewhere. Mine doesn't come from outward sources it comes from visions and feelings.
Wouldn't this mean that the ability to type a sentence on my computer is classified as a "psychic ability," because it's a conscious ability? so would walking. so would the ability to process the sounds coming from my TV set as "a musical number from Mulan". this seems a little broad to me. could you clarify the meaning behind this?

different people have different sources of inspiration. I'm inspired by music/nature/art/etc, you're inspired by internal sources. I'm not sure how this is evidence that psychic abilities exist...?

Reactions: Kelly617

·
Registered
627 Posts
Not sure if this qualifies as psychic, but here we go...

I have this strange connection with one of my brothers. I would leave for school over an hour before he even woke up and somehow every day I'd see him later at school dressed almost identically to me. He mumbles all the time and I understand the mumbles plain as English.

I don't talk to him more than about every other week these days, but I always know if there's some sort of problem in his life. I just feel it and call him right away. I knew when he had a serious car accident - that time I even knew the exact nature of what his problem was before I had any tangible evidence for it.

This works in reverse as well, he has a hyperawareness for my well being and state of mind. I have read about twins having this ability, I have never seen a case of brothers 3 years apart sharing this.

I don't expect anyone to believe this, I sure wouldn't if I were reading it. It's real though, and it's a wonderful bond but kinda creepy at the same time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Please refrain from making ENFPs look stupid, or I'll make you look stupid.

(You didn't even try to predict I'd say this :shocked: ).

I think you just made yourself look stupid by making this remark. There are obviously other enfp's here who may not agree that it is psi ability but they are engaging in more interesting conversation than yourself. I obviously wanted people's opinion on the subject otherwise I would not have posted the question. Find somewhere else for your antics....expansive conversation here only:tongue:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't expect anyone to believe this, I sure wouldn't if I were reading it. It's real though, and it's a wonderful bond but kinda creepy at the same time.
I believe you. I have seen this a lot.

Personally I cannot explain many things that happen to me on a day to day basis. Especially in the area of psi. I have strong visions. Just today I had one, I dismissed them for a long time but when I started becoming more spiritual I couldn't dismiss them because they started becoming more and more significant to my life.

Today, during an afternoon nap I dreamed about the little girl who's hair I braided about 3 days ago. In the dream her hair was not braided and I could not understand why, I even asked her in the dream why it was not. I was awoke from my sleep by this same little girl knocking on my door, she wanted to play with my kittens. Her hair was not braided I didn't even fell the need to ask why because I sort of already asked her in the dream. I didn't expect the answer to be any different.

It really has no major significance to me but it is something that I saw vividly.

Sometimes I think I have these visions and feelings to prepare me for things that might cause me distress or pain, even to answer questions I cant seem to find answers to any other way.

I dont think you're creepy or crazy I think that some of us know and some dont.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont need to ask you anymore questions because this answers everything i need to know about your beliefs in psi.

If you dont believe in subconscious ability then I dont expect you to believe in the psi phenomena.

At least you entertain the idea.

I accept it because I have experienced many occurrences from early childhood. I am constantly researching and finding new things and it seems the more I research the more I experience it.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Hmm. If I had to pick something, I think I'm an empath..sometimes I feel intense emotions about something that make no sense to me personally, but may to someone near me. It doesn't always effect me that way, but when it does, it's ...unsettling since usally the emotions I'm feeling are negative in nature. I wish I could feel the positive ones more often. :frustrating:

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
I think you just made yourself look stupid by making this remark. There are obviously other enfp's here who may not agree that it is psi ability but they are engaging in more interesting conversation than yourself. I obviously wanted people's opinion on the subject otherwise I would not have posted the question. Find somewhere else for your antics....expansive conversation here only:tongue:
Antics? :shocked: You just called me stupid, that's against the rules :shocked::wink: Yeah, I don't even have to try to make you look stupid actually, you look like a dumbdumb claiming psychic abilities anyway.

I don't even think this needs to be argued tbh, I'd be stupid to waste my time.

If I really had psychic abilities I'd at least try to prove it, being fed up of other's antics claiming I didn't I'd find a way to prove it.

Let me guess, "well you're not me are you? So how would you know?"

My response to that would be "well you're not me, so how do you know if I don't know?"

I completely predicted you'd have to say something back to me so I could say my reason for making such remarks was because I once read a post where an ENFP asked "are enfps the dumbest type?" he actually thought this. I don't like how others in chats etc talk about ENFPs being dumb and that annoys me and frankly you're not helping this stereotype.

You honestly want people's opinions? Well that's my opinion.

(expansive enough for you?)

1 - 20 of 190 Posts