Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What motivates you in your life the most? What do you tend to focus on when you are working in either your career, or your major at university? Also, what do you do for a living/what do you study currently?

Reactions: elight

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,008 Posts
What motivates you in your life the most? What do you tend to focus on when you are working in either your career, or your major at university? Also, what do you do for a living/what do you study currently?
I wish to treat my significant other well. I also wish to learn as much as I can about the universe. Those two things are my motivators and reasons for living.

Well, I'm considering going into paralegal studies, but I'm not sure yet.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Performance, art, family, friends... good music, random dancing, athletic feeling, perpetual learning..

·
Registered
569 Posts
I like life, I see no other option of existence and the experience is really quite fun.

Oh, well, besides that my family--I want to make them happy, convenience them (or not inconvenience them), and enjoy their company. And I'm going to study graphics/animation.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Love and desire to learn.
Career,academics etc I dislike being next to anyone(Reason-being below someone means your commanding power will come down in your environment of concern).So yes one has to excel there too....
And this desire to understand more about universe like other types 5's is inherent in me as well.

·
Registered
828 Posts
It is very difficult for me sometimes not to get depressed over life in general. As long as I have a brain and working body, I intend to dedicate my life to societal progression and the acquisition of knowledge. I want to major in Neurology and I have a dream to end sex slavery and trafficking with social and technological progression.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I am interested in what's on the other side but I feel like things are going pretty well for me know. I was born into able-ish thin white body, born to a middle-class-ish family, got decent education, I met a great partner. I do what I enjoy for living (art, my own small business). Things went to serious shit a few times and I think that I'm not exactly "mentally stable" person, so suicidal notions occur on fairly regular basis.
I just feel like I'd be throwing away a decent opportunity to have a good life, going away now would be like leaving in the middle of a good show. I might have been born woman in some region where FGM is common practice, where I wouldn't be able to get pretty much any education or do things that I enjoy.
Some days I wake up and forget all that and, yes, I do ask myself what's the point. But there are people who like me, who care about me and many people also like my art. They would miss me or my art if I'd go away. If they find my existence meaningful to them then perhaps it is good enough reason for me to keep on keeping on.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Love motivates me, that's it. Love is my focus, my study, my career, my life. Since I started awakening spiritually it can't really be anything else. Love is all that is.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well, because, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. What if I decided to take my own life, and found out that it was a mistake? For the record, I don't know if I believe in an afterlife or what sort of afterlife/lives are possible, but I am open to the possibility and man, would it be the pits if I killed myself and discovered that I hate the outcome.

I also am not a huge fan of pain, and I imagine that most any way of dying involves some sort of pain.

I am not even a depressed individual, but it's not life or love or the typical "reasons to live" that keep me here. There may be a part of me that also keeps going for the sake of not being "weak". I have a strong sense of pride and a bit of an ego when it comes to standing strong and not allowing myself to indulge in weakness (not for long, anyway, as it happens by accident sometimes).

Given that the afterlife may not exist at all, I don't think I'd be missing love or life too much if there's nothing left of me to feel/think/have a consciousness. So love and all that isn't a factor. On the other hand, in the event of an afterlife, love is a possibility too

I would never share these thoughts with anyone in my life outside of this message board, because I am pretty sure it would just scare people and they would assume I'm depressed or suicidal. But, it's not like that -- I just see the world very differently. I don't see that there is necessarily a true point to my life, aside from existing so that I can contribute my tiny, miniscule little piece to why events happen (and therefore, impact other events). I look at the world on the spectrum of the universe, and not just this earth; I don't see humans as the center of the world, and I don't feel important -- but it doesn't bother me, either. It's just how things seem to be.

I don't think I'm much different than a paramecium. I just do my part in existing.

The grass isn't always greener is the main reason. But many times I fancy the idea of dying and transforming into space particles in the abyss of the universe...just floating around freely. I think that is what I would be best suited for.

·
Jaffa Master
7,575 Posts
I don't really see the porpose, I just have hope/optimism that there will be more to it eventually. The only compelling feature of human existence that seems worth it is love.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
The hope that the future will bring improvement. Right now it's just crap.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
It might be callous of me, but my goal at the moment is to have a financially stable life for myself - something that my parents and I wish. I try to focus on what I'm good at, but also something that is profitable.

That being said, I'm a public relations / pre-med major. While I'm good at public relations (writing and oration are my two biggest skills), I don't think it's profitable on its own, though I love my major a lot. I have pre-med tacked onto it, partly because it's profitable and it's something my parents wish, though I truthfully don't have any interest in the field other than financial gain.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Being suicidal is a powerful point in life. It truly is empowering to have absolutely zero disregard for your own being. Been there.

When you have nothing to live for, you have no boundaries. Risks are irrelevant. You can really grab the bull by the horns and try absolutely anything.

This obviously is an adopted perspective. Being at that level you don't really want to do anything. It's the adoption of this type of attitude where you can manage great things. I finally started finishing projects I started and moved to the other side of the world. My mind was opened and I had amazing experiences.

Suicide = It's time for a crazy journey. Not death, but one of understanding.

Trust me, life can be amazing when you have no limits.

·
Registered
907 Posts
What motivates you in your life the most?
Life itself.

What do you tend to focus on when you are working in either your career, or your major at university?
The task at hand..?

Also, what do you do for a living/what do you study currently?
I work in the fruits and greens section of a grocery for extra money, and I study comparative literature at the university.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Reason for staying alive: About 4 people would be gutted (figuratively speaking!) if I suddenly stopped being alive.

What motivates me most: Ensuring I am as little burden as possible on society while I AM here.

What I focus on in my career: Improving my industry however I can for as many stakeholders as possible. It sound a little grand I'll admit, but this is the only way I can approach work and still look myself in the eye ... mirror (?).

What do you currently do: Property manager/Small business owner. I've done various other things and studied but ended up here - I feel most comfortable here ... as comfortable as it gets so far anyway.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts