Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I live to one day have no doubt or questions that wherever life may take me i am where i belong always. Let your reasons disappear it will be allright.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
I live to be of service in small ways to other people who may need something I can offer.

I live to experience life to its fullest because it is all that I know. If I am not alive I am nothing like I was before I was born. I love being me and I seek to explore all that life can give me for as long as I am alive.

I don't really have more answers than these. Life to me is worth way too much to give up. It is not that I am afraid of death. Quite the contrary; I do embrace my death. I have had many near death experiences and I have never felt fear during those moments. But I was able to fight back to the living because I knew with conviction that I was not finished. When the time comes, I will go at peace with myself and what I have been and done.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Se teaches me to live for the wonder and beauty of the outward moment.

Ti teaches me to live for the beauty of trying to make sense of the observed data which overtides us in life.

Fe teaches me to live for the beauty of sharing in others' challenges and experiences.

Ni teaches me to look into eternity and see the beauty of the universal matrix and all its components playing their part.

What is my reason for living? To provide a nesting place and a voice for all these beauties.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
I live to be of service in small ways to other people who may need something I can offer.

I live to experience life to its fullest because it is all that I know. If I am not alive I am nothing like I was before I was born. I love being me and I seek to explore all that life can give me for as long as I am alive.

I don't really have more answers than these. Life to me is worth way too much to give up. It is not that I am afraid of death. Quite the contrary; I do embrace my death. I have had many near death experiences and I have never felt fear during those moments. But I was able to fight back to the living because I knew with conviction that I was not finished. When the time comes, I will go at peace with myself and what I have been and done.
I've been trying to articulate my thoughts on this question. This pretty much nails it.

There's not much I like more than being able to help others, and what's kept me going through the dark times of my life has essentially been curiosity about what's to come, and the desire to experience new things. As far as death goes, to paraphrase something I once heard, life can be a heavy burden, death is as light as a feather. I made my peace with mortality long ago on long night watches at sea. I am not yet ready to put down my burden though, there are so many more things to experience. My time will come, and I'm good with that.

When pondering this I'm reminded of a song by Big Country, it's a bit sad, but it sums my feelings pretty well.

In This Place
Big Country/Stuart Adamson

All the years I spent in this place
The friends I knew here
I loved every face
I loved the smoke, the heat, and the noise
But the profits too small
For the black-suited boys
Oh angel, it's coming down stone by stone
It's breaking up, home by home
Take it away, take it away

In this place, I will lay my life down
In this place, I will let you carry me
As I age so my learning grows
I still touch the vision
I still smell the rose in this place

All the years I lived in this place
The people I knew here
I loved every face
I loved the parties, the funerals, and fights
The supermarket needs my land
I have no rights

I still touch the vision

All the years I spent in this place
The children we raised here
I loved this country, the land of my birth
But how much am I wanted?
How much am I worth?

I still touch the vision

·
Registered
143 Posts
Long time lurker who feels she is I/ENFP (despite tests all saying ENFP 🙄). For me, my purpose is to make the world a better place with every action or word, moment by moment. While spiritual more than religious, I truly want to serve God/ universal energy to the best of my ability. I strive to embody the “ two greatest commandments”: to ❤ Your neighbor as they self & to ❤ God with all your heart. Basically make the world a better place for those in it now and those in the future- starting with things as small as a smile at a stranger or water for a thirsty dog. You can work your way up from there

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Learning, finding myself, going on adventures, solving lifes many mysteries, experiencing love.

One of my first memories was realizing I wanted to live a fun life, so long as I didnt harm others.
so my goals dont necessarily coincide with societys goals, but I can still have a good time.
Of course, I live by my own code of ethics..

·
Registered
308 Posts
@veracious
Hey man, even when you feel like you're going through a stagnant time of life doesn't mean it's pointless... in fact... you questioning the values many throw away just to earn a buck, means, in my mind you're on the right path dude. Neither do you have to get married or have kids or live anywhere near the "American Dream" to live a significant life. You may never know how significant your life is until the end of the road or beyond even. All I know is that I AM here for a reason just as you are even if I'm not always privy to what that reason is. It very well could simply be I need to learn some things with my time on Earth despite not agreeing with much of anything in regard to the direction the planet is taking.

You say people aren't agreeing with you but they maybe agreeing with you more than you realize. When people want to build upon what your saying with their own thoughts it sometimes feels as though they are disagreeing when their thoughts don't completely mesh with yours. Sounds obvious but it's not always... I've seen adults much older than me "argue" the same point at each other ... it was nauseating. Anyway man. There is a ton to live for even if it doesn't feel like it sometimes... these down periods are great times to reevaluate your direction in life (which will be needed more than once), incorporate new things, heal from the past, etc. Don't ever give up on all the good you can do / what you can learn / who you can touch in life for the better dude...

For life to strip you down so you can build yourself up more than you once were, you have to be able to let it work it's magic on you!

·
Banned
1,138 Posts
Life is a dream you can somewhat control. Like dreams you awake from, the moment you wake from this one, it ends. Make it last, or go out in a blast, because it all doesn't really matter anyways, and nothing can be kept, rich or poor.

If you want to be remembered, prepay for your funeral and burial/cremation. You might think this is morbid advise, but paying for it now gets you a good spot that would cost way more in the future. I went cemetery shopping (I'm under 40) and I've noticed that all the nicest spots are owned by famous mobster families. No joke. They prepay hundreds of thousands of dollars for these ostentatious sites, and they get an amazing bargain in the process.

Just free advice.

·
Registered
13,691 Posts
I'll tell you what. I do make entries in my diary. When I've made my last entry I'll let you read it if you want. If that doesn't give you a clue, I'm not sure I'll be able to PM ya.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts