Personality Cafe banner

What is your relationship with nostalgia?

997 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Pizal
I noticed those of us born around the early 80s tend to be pretty nostalgic about our childhood, specifically, but not limited to the 90s. I've never done a scientific study, but I've seen this confirmed over and over when I meet people born in that time period 80-84.

I was just wondering if ENFPs have this tendency too. You can put your age if you want, but I just want to know do you tend to have bouts of nostalgia periodically or even most of the time?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
I don't really think I've experienced all that much of the world yet, as I'm only about 18 and I only remember flashes of the late 90s and early 2000s, but I do feel nostalgic about times I've had with family when I was little and adventures in my freshman year of college. (Less than a month left, I can't wait to get back!) I like looking at old photos and reminiscing about the times I've had with my family and friends, but at the same time, it makes me feel sad because I could be doing something right now and I always feel like life could be so awesome with a party or friends to talk to or something really amazing and epic.

I'm also studying history, so for a while, I used to have this fascination with the 1960s after reading Slouching Towards Bethlehem and I wished that I could have grown up in that era, but I realize that I like living in the present and things are still really good and getting better all the time. :)
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.