Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find the idea of the "8th function" kind of interesting. In theory, most people either never use the 8th function or it comes out rarely and is just about always considered "demonized" which I guess means, it comes out it a really bad and negative way.
So do any of you guys use Te at all? and if you do, how does it come out in a horrible way?
Do you become so OCD obsessed with tidiness that you can't leave the house until every millimeter is organized? or do you become hypercritical of other people's lack of pragmatism? I'm kind of curious about what 8th function Te looks like, the few times it actually becomes manifest.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Sometimes I feel lik it's my dominant function instead of Fe. Much of it cames almost naturally to me. But it has something to do with basic judging tendencies - also because my father is an ESTJ and brother is an INTJ.

Lastly, my educational background and job experience is all Business and Marketing ... and therefore I am well versed, in fact trained heavily to to mimic and understand Te-ish behaviour.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I switch from ENFJ and ENTJ each time I get tests. Though, I have found that ENFJ fits me more than ENTJ, but I don't deny that I may have been ENTJ most my life.

I grew up with T's for friends (ISTJ and INTJ) and a lawyer ENFJ mom. So given these circumstances, I do need to adapt myself with their way of thinking and it greatly influences me with my decisions even today that we're not together all the time anymore. When I make decisions, I think the most logical way to go through it but I also think of what others are feeling towards it. If they're not comfortable, then I won't force them to go through with it and just find another logical plan that fits.

I will only force what I want if there is no other choice. Which is very rare, but doesn't mean I don't do it. If it's for the greater benefit of at least the majority, I will exhaust the means. As much as possible though, I'd rather appeal to everyone first. I think this sense of security makes me more of an F than a T; but I can say that I'm a pretty blunt person especially with things I can defend clearly as daytime. I will defend myself, but won't force my way if there are other means.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts