Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your sense of humor like?

For example, today:

My daughter arrived home from school an hour and a half ago. I slept most of the day, because last night I was "knocked out" after taking some Nyquil for a head cold.

Me: How was your day?
Cricket: Good, but long.
Me: I was out all day too. *laugh*

·
Registered
676 Posts
Dry and sarcastic/witty. Usually the only jokes that can get me [genuinely] laughing are nerdy NT-ish ones or inside jokes.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me too, me too, me too... often, others miss my jokes and don't even know when I'm being sarcastic, joking or being witty. Not that I mind, its always good to have that *laughing inside* feeling. I almost never call others names like "prick" or cuss words, I feel sarcasm is so much more intelligent. Then there are the times I do as you do dreamer...

·
Registered
960 Posts
I can see the potential humor in almost anything
Even if it's stupid, I can see how it's funny

people think I'm stupid because I laugh at everything
but really I find them kinda lame if they don't see the potential humor in something :/.....
This! This this this this this!

·
PerC Mermaid
23,481 Posts
Me too, me too, me too... often, others miss my jokes and don't even know when I'm being sarcastic, joking or being witty. Not that I mind, its always good to have that *laughing inside* feeling. I almost never call others names like "prick" or cuss words, I feel sarcasm is so much more intelligent. Then there are the times I do as you do dreamer...
I love sarcasm too, one of my friends told me the other day "I never know when you´re being funny and when you´re being serious" lol sometimes people don´t get my jokes and it is fine, I always can laugh inside :p

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is my idea of funny: Steel Magnolias (1989) - Memorable quotes, I even have a magnolia painting, and I'm about to watch the movie, if I can drag myself away from my laptop. Or maybe I'll just drag my laptop to the television. As my Grandmother used to say, "if the mountain will not come to Muhammed..."

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I have a seriously weird sense of humor sometimes. Some nights, at work when I'm bored or out of it, for instance, I'll randomly make up purposely stupid "knock knock jokes" and actually laugh my head off after:

My favorite one is:
Knock knock
who's there?
You're worst nightmare!
My worst nightmare who?
*punches him in the face* Bam!

Yeah, I know it makes no sense whatsover. I also like knock knock/who's there?/person with an identity crisis?/person with an identity crisis who?/*runs screaming* I don't know! Waaaaaaaah!

Yeah, they kind of have to be performed to make sense too.

One day one of my coworkers came back into the deli after doing something er other, and I just randomly looked at her and said "Grrrrrrrr", and she looked at me like I was nuts. I love it when people do that for some reason, lol.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Seeing the potential humor in almost everything sucks sometimes because you're usually the only one laughing. Or laughing first. So you look kinda slow. Laughing at the seemingly unfunny part. And then keeping quiet at the punchline. >.>

I love wordplay, witty banter, jokes that dropkick you like a ninja out of nowhere, any joke that indulge the imagination, sarcasm, dry jokes, observational jokes...er, basically almost everything makes me laugh. I don't really laugh at obvious jokes, though--but mainly because I usually don't get them.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My sense of humour is... ever changing. It depends upon what the situation calls for/who I am with.

To be honest, I'm a wrong'un. However, you wouldn't catch me divulging my 'wrong' thoughts and opinions and observation with, say for example, my Nana...

...Ok, that's actually a lie. My Nana wouldn't expect anything less from me and has found me hilarious from the out-set as a small child.

I am just plain wrong though.

·
Registered
325 Posts
my humour can be very morbid and sarcastic, which I think really opposes to the general laid-back, serious persona I'm giving off to people. It's frustrating really because usually people can hardly tell if I'm being humorous when I'm giving a sarcastic remark. I tend to hurt a lot of people that way, much to my dejection. :/

.... or my humour could probably just be terrible. xD

·
Registered
381 Posts
I am only capable of being funny around close friends.

But when I am with friends, sometimes I'm one fire! I'm usually sarcastic and witty. But my humor depends on the other person too. For example I like to tease one of my friends, and it always makes us laugh. But with my boyfriend I like to act cute and silly. Inside jokes are the best though.

Back in high school people would always be surprised of my funniness. Everybody just thought I was weird until they got to know me. Like this one guy friend of mine would always tell people "You know, she's actually really funny if you get to know her!"

1 - 20 of 38 Posts