Personality Cafe banner

What is your Significant Other's personality Type

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey INFPs, I am stealing this idea from the ENFJ forum in order to collect hard data on INFP dating preferences (my curiosity is insatiable). Please oblige me with your participation. *Hugs

Reactions: Kynx and TrueNorth

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,319 Posts
My husband is most likely ISFP. When he took the test a while back he came out INFJ, but didn't really relate to the decription. From obersvations and his reading the profiles it seems ISFP is more like him.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not only is my current SO INFJ, but my last relationship was also with an INFJ.

It's kind of disgusting how well I seem to get along with that type.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm with an INTP right now.

So many people here have INFJs, though. :0

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
whats that like? haha
Well, given that ENFJ is one of the (supposedly) best matches for INFPs, and as we're both NFs (obv), it works pretty well for us. We share a lot of views and have a similar way of looking at the world and what's important in life. Also, my husband's strengths seem to compliment a lot of my, er, less-than-strengths... haha. Sometimes we do fall into what seems to be an extreme version of a stereotypical ENFJ-INFP relationship; he's the responsible, calm, positive, reassuring one... and I'm the emotionally-volatile, needy, head-in-the-clouds, childlike one who wants someone to be there for me and help me deal with the practicalities of life while I'm off in la-la land in my head. In its extremes, it's been a bit unhealthy and unbalanced (at my worst, I have a tendency to become dependent and view him almost like a parent, while acting a bit like a bratty kid), but most of the time we work really well together. He's told me that apparently I've helped him learn about himself and fully be himself and that he enjoys and appreciates my intensity and the way I think... *shrugs* I'll admit more often than not, I worry that I'm just a giant problem for him to have to deal with... but I'd say that's because of my mental health issues, not the fact that I'm an INFP.

But yes, when it's good, it's really good. I've never met anyone I've gotten on with so easily and quickly, and with whom I've felt completely at ease just being me. That complete acceptance of who I am, just the way I am, is something I've never felt from anyone else in my life so far -- family very much included.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
My boyfriend has tested as ENFP and ENFJ but I don't buy it. I think he's an introvert and even though he likes the concept of Fi and Ne, he displays far more Fe and Si. But then he doesn't really sound like the ESFJ or ISFJ descriptions, so I get confused.

Basically he could be any XXFX. It's too hard to tell.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
@Mulberries -- Yeah, my husband doesn't seem to test as what he actually is, based on my observations. He usually tests as an INFP, haha -- but he's so definitely not an INFP. I think just because he's somewhat shy and quiet, he'll answer questions in ways that point to being an introvert -- but, as anyone who knows about MBTI theory, introversion and extroversion aren't about being shy and quiet vs being loud and exuberant. He's almost certainly an extrovert as far as I can tell. It's similar with the J vs P questions; my observations of how he works suggest to me that he's much more a J than a P.

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,905 Posts
ISTP, complete opposite functions.

Reactions: Up and Away

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
INTP and I think my past relationships have been too.

It's nice to begin with but I'm thinking I need a change and somebody to 'gets' me a little more. But with some perv thrown in there too please.

1,636 Posts
ENFJ here :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for voting guys! I have a thing for INTJs personally. Maybe I'll post here again and give this one more chance for voting before the poll closes.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I have no significant other (thus no vote), although I clearly am significant to myself. :p

Just wanted to mention how "incredible" it is that many of you INFPs find INFJs in your life. This poll is hardly scientific, of course, but given that INFJs are bound to be among the rarest types, this poll isn't (currently) demonstrative of the fact. "Rare" individuals find/notice each other? :)

·
Banned
656 Posts
I find it hilarious this was not an anonymous poll. I'm glad i didn't just vote for a random option now

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I find it hilarious this was not an anonymous poll. I'm glad i didn't just vote for a random option now
LOL, I should really make my polls anonymous but some part of me is morbidly curious, especially when it comes to INTJs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts