Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As each of the four functions of feeling, thinking, intuition, sensing are equated with a particular speech pattern

thinking - short, clipped
sensing- monotone, flat
intuition - rapid, can get lost in what is being said
feeling - very modulated, with emotion

Please post as to your primary type, and if this matches up. There is congruency in all of our gestures!
Just curious...

·
Registered
22 Posts
intuition - fast talker, rapid conversations. was this what you were after?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Usually pretty monotone. I can go back and forth between short, clipped sentences and changing my tonality.
I'll sometimes get rapid when I start getting into subjects I'm deep into.

My speech patterns fit my type.
I'm purty balance on all the scales- With the exception of P/J.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have a New Zealand accent, so all of that automatically applies except for 'can get lost' and 'with emotion' (inNewZilinweliktomodulattheindofsentinces?). Relative to other New Zealanders, I must mumble a lot because people are always asking me to repeat myself.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
intuition - rapid, can get lost in what is being said
feeling - very modulated, with emotion
I think these two are the ones you would hear with me. It'd be great to get an outside opinion, but this is what I'd say about it. I think I tend more toward intuition, with rapid speech...and do I ever get lost in what I'm trying to say. :laughing: That's way too common.

Oh, and I think it fits my type. I'm ENFP.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I speak rather carefully and ensure that I do my pronunciation with a strong, clear tone. I can speak quickly if I so desired to, reading quickly is not a gigantic feat. My conversations are rather quick though, as I usually say only what I believe is necessary. Unless I'm doing an analogy. :tongue:

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
My thoughts are rapid and I can easily get lost in what's being said.
Yet, they aren't often 'clipped.' I tend to draw them out and elaborate often.
Yet, there isn't an option for long, elaborate speech. wth?

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
intuition and feeling, definitely. I'm an ENFP.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
thinking - short, clipped - I can do this sometimes, especially if a topic does not interest me.

sensing- monotone, flat
- I can do this too, usually in conversations which don't stimulate me much. My voice is pretty flat & lifeless then.

intuition - rapid, can get lost in what is being said - Yes, I speak quickly & often in a non-linear manner. The more comfortable & interested in the topic I am, the more this is apparent.

feeling - very modulated, with emotion - This is not typical, except when I am discussing a topic I am passionate about, but that may be my "true" self. My feeling can be very hidden in person.

·
Registered
89 Posts
thinking - short, clipped - In my natural state (as in, no caffeine, no alcohol) this is me. But mostly because without drugs, I'm insanely introverted.

sensing- monotone, flat - Very, very rare. My tone is rarely flat and never monotone. However, this fits my ISTJ friend to a T.

intuition - rapid, can get lost in what is being said - This is me when I'm caffeinated. People will often mention how quickly I talk, and I'll rarely notice it. I'll also make huge leaps from topic to topic and often lose people... hehe.

feeling - very modulated, with emotion - Again, caffeine brings this out. Generally when I'm talking about something I hate.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts