Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

So, I've been looking a lot more into the introverted functions lately and have especially been focusing on the trying to understand the difference between Ti vs Te which im pretty sure is, in reducing the the not so simple to the not so complex, is principle vs fact.

But I'm having trouble with how you would go about determining it against other introverted functions such as Fi. What if a person feels like they constantly test whether or not something makes sense and therefore is valid but also can be provoked by feeling out situations as bad or good. Do you Ti Doms think to yourself sometimes "this doesn't feel right" because as far as im concerned, every website I go to that thought equals Fi thinking.

But I'm wondering how you differentiated it. How did you make the distinction? How did you find out you used Ti above all else?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
The way I think about it is as follows:

It's a matter of reaction. Fi is like a vortex of air or water, and Ti is what remains and is carved out over millenia; It resides in those places that tend to be untouched overtime, and these nodes can be used to reliably build up "principle". In this sense I tend to think the crux of Ti is not so much its logical abilities - even though they clearly are there - but instead this content structure which makes it possible build up reliable analysis. The continual analysis is what makes Ti become so logical.

By avoiding Fi (even though one's thinking is shaped by doing so) You tend to internalize information in a less vivid and emotional way. Fi users will rely on this vivid and emotional experience to draw conclusions, those without Fi are not able to do so really.

Reactions: s2theizay

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
But I'm having trouble with how you would go about determining it against other introverted functions such as Fi. What if a person feels like they constantly test whether or not something makes sense and therefore is valid but also can be provoked by feeling out situations as bad or good.
I'm not sure whether you are asking about the difference between Fi and Ti or how to tell which is dominant.

Do you Ti Doms think to yourself sometimes "this doesn't feel right" because as far as im concerned, every website I go to that thought equals Fi thinking.
I don't ever think those exact words, but I have thought that something didn't seem "right" despite lacking an explicit or coherent reason why.

But I'm wondering how you differentiated it. How did you make the distinction? How did you find out you used Ti above all else?
I read the descriptions of Ti in Gifts Differing and Psychological Types. I already knew that I was an INT, so all I had to do (to determine my type) was compare INTP and INTJ descriptions, and I got those from Gifts Differing as well.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
fi indulges in the visceral, it wants to understand everything via subjective feelings. if something clashes with their values, they will attack that something with their face, even if it means breaking that face

ti indulges in the cerebral, it wants to understand everything via subjective logic. if something doesn't make sense, for example, fi, ti starts flapping like an autistic turkey until the fi user stops trying to face smash them.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I think that the way I use Fe is to categorize and reproduce things. Ti with Fe make me understand what do people do in social situations and reproduce it. If someone is expressing emotions I will deal with it a "proper" way without being especially empathetic.
And as someone who want to study graphic design and UI design. I see the trends and I try to internalize them and if I can, work them around.
I would say, I prospect with Ne, categorize with Ti and use the trends with Si.
I don't know if it's ENTP or INTP tho.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
I *might* be a Ti dom.

The way I see it, and this might be a mixture of Ti + some other function, or might not be Ti at all, but anyway.. is basically just what makes sense to me.

I don't particularly care if something doesn't make sense to others, that's not really my problem, as long as it make sense to me, I'm fine and won't get caught up on it.

The other day I took my daughter out to a family fun day sorta thing, and they had a ferris wheel - she went on it, and yes I was paying attention to her, but not anyone else, and my attention was drawn to the cogs and chain-links I could see that made the ferris wheel work.
I studied them and sort of analysed how the whole thing worked (very simple) then I was thinking about possible alternative ways to make the ferris wheel turn - as well as other things you could do with the same mechanics - it's super basic stuff, but I'm just trying to explain where my mind went, as I believe this style of thinking is likely Ti related.

I had thoughts of ways you could interconnect multiple ferris wheels together, ways it could be man-powered, ways it could be made to automatically revolve around to the top - then come back down the same way, rather than a full circle.

I also was thinking of ways the ferris wheel worked, could be applied to other situations, namely my interactions with people at work - I work in sales, I was thinking along the lines of how our relationships are similar to the chain-link and cogs etc, there was loads of thoughts, all in a row and simultaneously, of how this understanding of something as simple as a ferris wheel mechanic, could be applied to loads of other situations.

I believe this is kind of how I use Ti.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts