Type 9s - What is your tritype?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
MOTM Feb 2012
ISTJ 9w1
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Answer the poll and discuss if you'd like. I just want to see if there are any trends in the forum.

Note: I know some of you may have your head wing before your heart wing in your tritype, but just answer which 3 are included overall.

Thanks!

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
9-3-5

I really wish there were resources that discussed how the tri-types interact in more depth. We're lucky if we get a short blurb.

Reactions: nottie and Spiny

·
MOTM Feb 2012
ISTJ 9w1
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
9-3-5

I really wish there were resources that discussed how the tri-types interact in more depth. We're lucky if we get a short blurb.
Yeah me too. There is longer stuff I've seen for the ones and fives, but no luck for the nines, sadly.

(Tritype in sig, but 9-6-3.)

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
9-4-5

I'm a 'triple introvert'.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
9-3-5

Personality Types: Enneagram Tritype Descriptions: Type Five - Enneagram and Myers Briggs

only applies to those of us who have 5 in our tritypes, though, because they are technically descriptions of 5s, not 9s.

5-3-9: these Fives might strike others as rather pleasant and cooperative persons, but they are usually more ambitious and purposeful than they let on. They are goal-oriented individualists who dream of achieving an impressive and long-lasting success in their field – they secretly desire becoming famous and leaving their mark on the world. These Fives are also more dependent on outer validation than others – they care more about their image and the way others perceive and react to them, therefore they might seem a little more conventional and mainstream in their behavior.
typical subtypes: social, self-preserving, balanced wings
similar tritypes: 5-9-3, 9-5-3
flavours: cunning, congenial, goal-oriented and flexible
5-9-3: these Fives are naturally diplomatic, peaceful and somewhat charismatic. They care about harmony and balance and are a bit anxious of people’s rejection and disapproval. Very sentient and tactful, they know how to reach their objectives without causing much fuss around them – they go with the flow and adapt to people and situations in a facile manner. They’re the type of people that others don’t see coming, skillfully speculating opportunities to their advantage while keeping a low profile.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, social, 5w6
similar tritypes: 5-3-9, 9-5-3
flavours: tactful, well-mannered, collected and adaptable
edit: oh oops I just realized this might not be what you were looking for....sorry!

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Personality Types: Enneagram Tritype Descriptions: Type Five - Enneagram and Myers Briggs

only applies to those of us who have 5 in our tritypes, though, because they are technically descriptions of 5s, not 9s.

edit: oh oops I just realized this might not be what you were looking for....sorry!
Thanks! These descriptions are good, except for the fact that some of the 9 aspects I don't really relate to; i.e. I wouldn't describe myself as tactful or peaceful or fearful of rejection. Actually I wouldn't know what tact was if it walked up to me and conked me on the head lol. Since my 8 wing is strong, I often relate more to 8 descriptions than 9 descriptions (except if they are well written, and not stereotypical drivel). So I like to combine the 538/583 descriptions with the 539/593 descriptions.

Reactions: LotusBlossom

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
I'm 9w1 and 6 and 2. At least I think so, but I'm not particularly interested in it. 2 is probably 2w1. I looked at 6 in the past and decided on 6w5. So It's a very introverted tri-type. 6 could go the other way though, because even though I relate much more to 6w5 than 6w7 I do have some expansive quality to my thinking. I expand and then I remove everything so the core remains. But sometimes I just talk loads...like right now, which further the w7 theory.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
I bet this sort of place(internet forum dedicated to personality) attracts more 2s and 4s than 3s. A poll will tell us what kind of people visit this forum though.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Hm, MBTI Enthusiast and I are the only ones so far that have 3 in our tri-type. We are also the only STs in here. Coincidence? I wonder if there's a correlation. But, it would make more sense that Fs would relate to 2 and 4 more too.

·
MOTM Feb 2012
ISTJ 9w1
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hm, MBTI Enthusiast and I are the only ones so far that have 3 in our tri-type. We are also the only STs in here. Coincidence? I wonder if there's a correlation. But, it would make more sense that Fs would relate to 2 and 4 more too.
Good point! Are we the only T's in general that have answered so far? Yeah, when I read the 2 description I thought, "No, I'm inherently selfish," and when I read the 4 description I thought, "No, who wants to feel things intensely?" lol. Type 3 seems the most Thinker-ish out of the three heart types.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Good point! Are we the only T's in general that have answered so far? Yeah, when I read the 2 description I thought, "No, I'm inherently selfish," and when I read the 4 description I thought, "No, who wants to feel things intensely?" lol. Type 3 seems the most Thinker-ish out of the three heart types.
No, FuzzyLittleManPeach is an ENTP and has a 2-fix.

But I would agree that type 3 is the most Thinker-ish type of the heart/image triad; since type 3 at the center of the heart triad, it represses or is most disconnected from the core triad issue: which is self-image. I have never been able to relate to type 2 at all, and my lack of relation to type 4 is not too far behind. For me, finding my image fix was a matter of process of elimination. But I still think that a T can be a 2 or a 4.

Reactions: MBTI Enthusiast

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
9w8-3w2-6w5

Here's an interesting article, I don't has been posted here. Fauvre Tritype
You use you're archetype traits, I believe I just found it tonight. I do know mine would the 369 the order doesn't matter with the archetypes.

Pretty good descriptions.

She said this is the type most likely to be able to be the chameleon and will be able to adjust themselves according to whomever they are around. Having the 3 relating types and the 3 primary types they can have the most difficulty pinpointing not only their tritype but their dominant strategy. She said they will almost always think they are 3s, because they will value success and will be inclined to adjust to fit a given situation. She said they need to stay engaged and have harmony to feel happy which is what causes the constant adjustment.

They are most likely to fit into the cultural millieu of what is expected of them but that their life mission is to bring harmony and she calls this the true mediator archetype. She said they can be so focused on fitting in and belonging that they lose themselves and forget to speak their personal truths for fear of not relating to others.

you seek balance and harmony. you want to know what is expected of you and will adjust your behavior to succeed. you need affirmation, reassurance and a sense of well-being to feel connected to yourself and others.

your life mission is to see what is needed and to adapt to your circumstances to achieve your goals. a true mediator, you are happiest when you have clear guidelines and expectations to be helpful, successful and admired for your efforts.

your blind spot is that you can be so focused on belonging and being connected to others that you lose your individuality and become driven to succeed to the point of being a shapeshifter or chameleon.

your growing edge is to recognize that your need to adjust your presentation to avoid conflict and to be seen as easygoing in order to be accepted by others keeps you from being connected to yourself. true connection comes from individuation, by knowing who you are, and in being connected to your higher self.
A lot of what is stated there has been stated by my friends who have a seen me in many places and circumstances. My subjective analysis is worth anything I say it fits well, too. Underlined what stands out.

·
MOTM Feb 2012
ISTJ 9w1
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
9w8-3w2-6w5

Here's an interesting article, I don't has been posted here. Fauvre Tritype
You use you're archetype traits, I believe I just found it tonight. I do know mine would the 369 the order doesn't matter with the archetypes.

Pretty good descriptions.
A lot of what is stated there has been stated by my friends who have a seen me in many places and circumstances. My subjective analysis is worth anything I say it fits well, too. Underlined what stands out.
Cool! Thanks. I don't think I realized I was much of a chameleon before I discovered I was a nine. I can see it now a bit more. But I definitely want to be seen as easygoing, can lose myself in others, and need plenty of affirmation.

Yay I have a tritype friend now! :)

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Cool! Thanks. I don't think I realized I was much of a chameleon before I discovered I was a nine. I can see it now a bit more. But I definitely want to be seen as easygoing, can lose myself in others, and need plenty of affirmation.

Yay I have a tritype friend now! :)
Yup, I just noticed that, we're even pretty similar variant too, I'm sx/sp.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Aw...I don't have a tritype friend. :( ...oh, wait, I think I have a few in the ISTP forum! But they never come in here lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts