Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is to be free? To be able to be yourself?

Someone once asked me about a year ago, "What is one thing that is valuable to me?" I thought for a moment and answered, "Freedom."

At this moment, I feel I am bounded by too many things: family, society, politics, career, and money. I want to experience the world and have personally denounced any loyalty to any country except the world.

If at this moment, I can pack up my bags and go to any country I want, I would.

What is your goal?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Well, yes. I love "freedom of action". But as I have a kid and a business I cant say that I am "free" in a 20-year olds perspective.

I am as free as I can be within the accepted limits and confines of the society. I am not particularly interested in money, EXCEPT as means to be more free. To be able to do more and other things.

And I also wish to be the best I can be. In part, that is why I am here in this forum. One of my aims is to learn about the human nature...

EDIT: And to be loved of course... For who I am. Who doesnt...?

Reactions: Anahata and st0831

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
"ultimate goal" assumes there is only one.

If I have one single goal...it is to examine what I do, and ensure that it is not a waste of time. If it leads to enjoyment or relaxation, it isn't a waste of time, so even sitting on my bed with my shoes off staring out of the window in the middle of the afternoon is purposeful. If I'm busy doing something, it has to have a point to it. I'd like to get to the end of my life and think, yeah, that was good, I did good, that was fun, this all had some meaning.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Short term: to finish school and become a successful lawyer and tackle some major issues etc.

Long term: Open up a few small businesses (brewery, coffeeshop, vineyard) and be an investor.

I have already traveled a lot and I will continue to take every chance I get to see the world. Travel seems to be an opportunist's game.

Reactions: st0831

·
Banned
998 Posts
Continue growing my business and get it so that it becomes self-sustaining without needing much of my attention. Then I will open up some other projects that require a lot of capital to start up. I'm thinking a vacation resort, a few night clubs, a television network. Eventually I want to have enough money so that I can buy out my favourite sports team, the Raptors, and bring an NBA championship to Toronto, because their current owner, MLSE, certainly doesn't give a rat's ass about winning. These are things that a lot of people say, but I am DEAD SERIOUS.

Some people want to be rich for the status. I want to be rich so I have more freedom.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I'm still in my early 20's and feel as if I am not gained enough wisdom as how to be a human being I want myself to be. So I wanted to take the opportunity to travel (as in live in the area for an extended amount of time) to interact with people of different cultural, political, sexually oriented, gender, social and wealth backgrounds. That's my definition of why I want to travel.

Aside from that, I guess for the more established ENTPs, you want to manage or multiply your business. May I ask if that is financially motivated to support your lifestyle? Are you a lavish person because I feel although I know what is good quality stuff, I won't go out of my way to reach for those things? Managing business for me seems to only make money or find a way to multiply my money. I want to understand why.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I want to be completely accepted for who I am.

Reactions: yesiknowbut

·
Banned
998 Posts
Well, I'm still in my early 20's and feel as if I am not gained enough wisdom as how to be a human being I want myself to be. So I wanted to take the opportunity to travel (as in live in the area for an extended amount of time) to interact with people of different cultural, political, sexually oriented, gender, social and wealth backgrounds. That's my definition of why I want to travel.

Aside from that, I guess for the more established ENTPs, you want to manage or multiply your business. May I ask if that is financially motivated to support your lifestyle? Are you a lavish person because I feel although I know what is good quality stuff, I won't go out of my way to reach for those things? Managing business for me seems to only make money or find a way to multiply my money. I want to understand why.
Basically I want money so that I am more free to act on my impulses. Say I feel like going to visit my relatives in South Africa next week. Having money gives me the luxury of being able to do that. A new Apple product comes out, and I'd love to have it before other people. Again, with money I can. I am someone who has somewhat of a biphasic sleeping pattern, so jet lag is not a problem for me. For that reason I want to take like a weekend trip to Dubai or something, then come back to work on Monday or Tuesday. If I'm in a store and I see clothes that I really like, with money I can buy them without having to think twice.

One of the things though is that I would like to create jobs for other people in a fun and relaxed atmosphere while still being productive.

Ultimately I want to live until I'm 120. I guess that's my ultimate goal. I'd love to see how the world grows technologically. One day the iPhone is going to be ancient technology just like the Atari.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't have a single ultimate goal, I have many because I am a visionary after all :p

Current/Short Term Goals: To write the things that I want to write, starting a Dagorhir club at my college, being bawler at my new job, moving out of my parents house again, getting a part-part time job maybe, getting bawler grades this semester, transferring to a four year university

Longish Term: get undergraduate degree, move to New York.... yeah, there are a few more but those are the two main things I want MORE THAN ANYTHING in my life.

·
Registered
364 Posts
To get to the point in life where I feel I've actually achieved something with all my potential!

·
Registered
90 Posts
seize total world power

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Also to become the rich friend, with two vacation homes, an private plane, and more toys and booze then you can shake a stick at. All by age 35.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I don't have a single ultimate goal, I have many because I am a visionary after all :p

Current/Short Term Goals: To write the things that I want to write, starting a Dagorhir club at my college, being bawler at my new job, moving out of my parents house again, getting a part-part time job maybe, getting bawler grades this semester, transferring to a four year university

Longish Term: get undergraduate degree, move to New York.... yeah, there are a few more but those are the two main things I want MORE THAN ANYTHING in my life.

can I say that's called "freedom" :happy:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts