Personality Cafe banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
6,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. What is your workout song suggestions?

2. Does your song list ever change from the type of workout? Yoga? Cardio? Leg set day?

Mine does, I normally switch up playlists frequently dependent on what I do.

3. Do you change it up each day or do you listen to the same choices over and over again?

I'm an ENFP so I have to listen to new groups of songs weekly.

Last post a video of your favorite song to listen to during a workout session.

Like this could be my cardio.

This could be a slam ball and kettlebell workout.

This could be a song for Yoga for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1. Something everyone seems to agree on is that Eminem is best exercise music. Something about his angry melodies are damned motivating. Besides that, I myself have metal like Nightwish and Epica and Delain. Also video game OSTs from games like Halo, Destiny, Final Fantasy.

2. Hardly. I always do a full body routine but I might throw on something a bit higher tempo for my end of session cardio.

3. My playlist is massive so I just throw it on shuffle. No song plays enough for it to get old.

Music like Delain - Hands of Gold gets me GOING. Can't link it because I'm under 15 posts. :^)

·
exploring space
10,538 Posts
I mostly only listen to music during cardio, and it's usually metal. I have a short playlist and prefer the same songs because they work emotionally and physically. And the more I listen the better it works. With new music I find myself wanting to focus on it instead of what I'm doing, so it doesn't work well for me. I like complex music the most so makes it even worse.
If I go for walks like all the time now with the coronashit, I have more variety & new stuff.

examples

this I used to listen on repeat on the elliptical for quite a while (wish it had a cleaner mix)

or pick anything from this album, which I also love to use for walks & inspiration (one of my favs)

my newest find, which I listen on walks recently (not metal & instrumental)

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
6,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. Something everyone seems to agree on is that Eminem is best exercise music. Something about his angry melodies are damned motivating. Besides that, I myself have metal like Nightwish and Epica and Delain. Also video game OSTs from games like Halo, Destiny, Final Fantasy.

2. Hardly. I always do a full body routine but I might throw on something a bit higher tempo for my end of session cardio.

3. My playlist is massive so I just throw it on shuffle. No song plays enough for it to get old.

Music like Delain - Hands of Gold gets me GOING. Can't link it because I'm under 15 posts. :^)
Yeah, I do have Eminem on my playlist too. Welcome to the forums.

Arm day, core day, or leg day. Great weight song.

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
Mostly just hard rock and metal. For workout purposes, I prefer melodic metal. Honestly, I'd just work out to anything that I listen to even when I'm not working out. I guess I'll post a few of my favorite songs later.

2. Does your song list ever change from the type of workout? Yoga? Cardio? Leg set day?
I only do cardio and strength workouts, I can't stand yoga. Therefore, the music I like works pretty well for these purposes and I don't have to change my list.

3. Do you change it up each day or do you listen to the same choices over and over again?
Once I find songs I like for any reason, I'm loyal AF to them. I don't really like discovering new music, especially lately.

This one almost (almost is an important word) makes me want to dance.

Lamb of God gets me pumped.

This was my favorite song the instructor played during martial arts classes.

Reactions: NIHM

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
None because I have no idea what you might like.
I sometimes prefer to listen to something more downbeat while walking (in contrast to cycling), especially in the evening.
I change the songs when I get tired of the old ones, when I'm in the mood for something I don't have loaded up, and when I have the energy to deal with mounting the device I use.
I'm an ENFP so I have to listen to new groups of songs weekly.
There isn't even remotely enough good music for me to do that, and I rarely have the energy to slog through all the garbage music to find good new music.
Sorry no video but I like Akroasis by Obscura. It's metal.

·
Registered
INTP 5w4 359 autistic
234 Posts
I've got Spotify and use my "daily mixes", occasionally lucky-dipping with shuffle playlists. First mix is often modern-ish alt/rock/indie [Neighbourhood, Arctic Monkeys, Cage The Elephant, Tame Impala, Molchat Doma, Catfish and the Bottlemen], I get two poppy mixes [Grimes, Lady Gaga, Lana Del Rey, Charli XCX, Lorde, Halsey], an old music sort of playlist [Oasis, Blur, Smiths, Velvet Underground, Cure] and that one 60s/70s playlist in the back end that I never listen to [mostly Kinks, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd and stuff].
I often get bored and run out of music to listen to, especially when I get physically exhausted during a workout. Some of my favourite songs ever include:
  • Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey
  • Come A Little Closer by Cage The Elephant
  • Do I Wanna Know? by Arctic Monkeys
  • Green Light by Lorde
  • Wonderwall by Oasis
I may sometimes go back to the music I would listen to on repeat during a certain period in my life.

·
Banned
Stealth Warship
1,542 Posts

·
Banned
Stealth Warship
1,542 Posts

Reactions: elevatorman

·
Banned
Stealth Warship
1,542 Posts

·
Banned
Stealth Warship
1,542 Posts

·
Banned
Stealth Warship
1,542 Posts

·
Banned
Stealth Warship
1,542 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
I can only answer this really:
There is one I listened to repeatedly while exercising without getting bored of. There's something catchy about synthwave. But now this album has too many memories attached to it so I may have to ditch it. Well, it's your to enjoy.

·
Banned
I.N.F.J.
36 Posts
Here are my workout song suggestions:

The All-American Rejects - Move Along (Official Music Video)

Avril Lavigne - We Are Warriors (Official Video)

Liberty Walk

Until The End

Missy Elliott - Lose Control (feat. Ciara & Fat Man Scoop) [Official Music Video]

Rump Shaker

Va Va Voom

Flo Rida - Turn Around (5, 4, 3, 2, 1) [AUDIO]

Christina Aguilera - Dirrty (VIDEO) ft. Redman

Ice Cube - You Can Do It (Uncensored)

When I'm stretching, relaxing music is played. When I'm running, loud and fast music is played to keep me motivated.

My song list always changes. I listen to Pandora radio for workout music from hip hop, rap, rock, celtic, ballroom, and other genres.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts