Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see ISTP as logic and easy to talk, sometime admire them. But sometimes they don’t seem to understand what I am trying to tell and worst case do not understand at all.
So I wonder how ISTPs see ENTPs?

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Depending on subject: Fun ramblers.

·
Registered
344 Posts
My dad's an ENTP and he's also dyslexic. It can make discussions incredibly amusing, but regardless, I can usually track what he's saying. I'm pretty sure my boss is an ENTP as well. I usually understand him as well... I mostly just find him annoying. This is probably going to depend on the ISTP's experience and what type of interaction or relationship they have with the ENTP. I kind of see ENTPs as amusing chaos, especially when their mind has latched onto some task they wish to accomplish.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
My ISTP friend hates her ENTP coworker. Says he's rude and eats her snacks without asking.

She seems to like my ENTP mom though. No complaints there.

Guess it depends on the ENTP.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My father is an ENTP too. He is a good, laidback but concerned father. He can seem a little goofy sometimes, sure, but compared to a lot of fathers I got very lucky.

·
Registered
762 Posts
ENTP probably one of the extrovert types that the shyest introverts can feel at ease hanging around with
i have nothing bad to say about them, especially, about my ENTP friend, although recently she starts hating me because she notices i skip classes all the time and she always attends even on super rainy days ( and its COLLEGE) which got me super confused cuz thats not affecting her in any way but guess thats just what she hates people for so whatever, at least she still pretends to not hate me

·
Banned
7 Posts
They're a lot of fun to hang with generally speaking, I don't like the unhealthy ones though because they act like pretentious geniuses over really basic things.

·
Banned
50 Posts
From what i've seen and experienced myself,
I see mostly a fucking mess.
Their loop is probably the worst, in my awareness.

ENTPs remind me the most of the ADHD community. (Not a bad thing)

I was an unintentional forced type of NT ENTP/ENTJ most of my 20s.

Now i'm free after my recent ego death experience and can see shit how it really is.

They are fun though and great conversationalists. I'd definetly choose an ENTP to hang out with over an ENTJ.

An ENTP that has been slapped in the face repeatedly in life though, and that whole "Just wanna watch the World burn", yeah, I've been there and I feel for them.

From my experience of other ENTPs, they suffer a LOT.
Most of the best comedians share the same pain.

·
Banned
50 Posts
They're a lot of fun to hang with generally speaking, I don't like the unhealthy ones though because they act like pretentious geniuses over really basic things.
They're suffering.
It's not easy to live in a World when most of the World cant see what they can or when they get berated for possibilities/head in the clouds and get a real job whatever. This is part of the bullshit social constructs. It starts off fun, wanna help, but repeated backlash, when trying to help, and other people having low self esteem and calling them Narcissists when they're having fun and get carried away a little bit and get cocky sometimes, wouldn't you end up becoming kinda pretentious?

Someone once called me a Narcissist in my early 20s cause I was running around joke after joke "Next please".
You know what I said? How do know this isn't just what confident looks like, and you just have low self esteem, I mean, you are the one name calling.

So yeah, give ENTPs a break and ask them what's up. Don't you think it would be awesome to have an ENTP friend for life?

·
Registered
8,093 Posts
two of my very close friends are ENTP's. One of them has a tendency to be too reactive, he does not get enough of the facts before he starts off in the wrong direction, which if he was my enemy would make me think he was dumb but since he is my friend I chalk it up to eccentricity and excitement

ENTPs need to slow down most of the time, they get ideas about how things are that they need to verify with reality. They can also appear to be manipulative because they like to mess with people, just to see what they are made of. I have known very well adjusted people of the type, and very mentally unbalanced people of the type. they appear to feel like other people are a riddle to solve, which I relate to very much, but at the same time they sometimes follow their internal framework too closely and make assumptions that are not valid. Using Se in an ISTP way means continually gathering facts for analysis. that means getting to know other people and situations is constant, and evolving. it is obvious ENTPs don't do that.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I only know one, and that's my uncle. I love him, and I see him more as a dad than my own.

A big reason why is because the guy's got a big heart. Maybe not all ENTP's are like him, but he went above and beyond for everyone in my family, especially for the kids. So, when my real dad up and left me, my brother and mom, my ENTP uncle was about to marry my aunt. When he heard the story, he got super upset. So he decided by himself to treat us as his real kids and give everything we wanted. Well, he got my little brother to love him instantly, but I never liked strangers, so I hid behind my mom while avoiding him. That surprised him a little because most kids like him, and instead of being deterred, he got more pumped to get me to like him. And the guy tried everything from candy, toys, hugs and special attention. I still didn't open up to him until on his wedding day. For some oddball reason, I sat underneath the dinner table with the tablecloth hiding me from the crowd. My little brother found me and sat down with me. We both sat there quietly when suddenly, my big oaf ENTP uncle found us and silently sat with us. My brother sat on his lap happily, and my uncle still said nothing. That was when I finally accepted him and crawled on his lap to be with him. Looking back, it was amusing to hear so many guests yelling where the hell the groom went, lol, and the shock on their faces to see him sitting underneath a table with two kids on his lap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts