Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What It's Like to Love a Two by Susan Reynolds

Twos generally look really good and go out of their way to impress you in the beginning stages of romance. Twos base their self-image on being loving and generous to a fault, which means they do their best to squelch any evidence that they have negative feelings, habits, or behaviors. Twos believe that they have to meet your needs to acquire love and will bend over backward to do whatever they think you need or want in order to keep you. They often surrender any sense of their real self to become what they think a powerful, attractive potential mate, or even a friend, wants them to be.

Even if you protest, ego-driven and pathological Twos may feel compelled to sacrifice everything for the people they love. Eventually they can feel like the objects of their affection have taken them for granted, making them feel resentful and uncharacteristically angry. Many Twos lose touch with their feelings and need their loved ones to bolster their esteem. If they can't get the emotional fulfillment they need directly, particularly as they inch toward pathology, they may become manipulative and dramatic — begging for constant attention, requiring excessive praise and flattery (even when it's not deserved), and cleaving themselves to your side.

They may want you to feel flattered that they are so willing to be whatever you want them to be, but later they can resent the sacrifices they made and want to break free from what they then perceive as your need to control them.

What you'll love about Twos:

• They often know how they feel about you and express it.
  • They want to love you and make it the focus of their lives.
  • They will see your best qualities and talk about you in glowing terms.
  • They shower you with attention and always remember important events.
  • They often feel your pain and seek ways to make it better.
  • They will typically wait on you hand and foot.
  • If they have what you want, they usually gladly give it to you.
What will drive you crazy about Twos:

• They often want to know where you are at all times.
  • They may get jealous if you even talk to someone else.
  • They can become whiny and get mad for little reason.
  • They complain constantly that you're neglecting them.
  • They need lots of attention, and it's never enough.
  • They often see themselves as flawless.
  • They tend to scream at you and then deny being angry.
  • Instead of asking for what they want, they resort to manipulation.
Once you're in a relationship with them, Twos can become martyrs who will smother you with love and then expect a dramatic display of adoration in return. If you're involved with a dysfunctional, codependent, or pathological Two, ulterior motives and unreasonable expectations commingle. Their love not only has strings attached, it has ropes attached.

Self-actualized Twos can be a dream, but those integrated, evolved Twos are usually far more interested in serving humanity than serving you. Their altruistic nature typically dominates their personality, which means they may fly off to Africa to run a school or spend the majority of their time in church activities.

·
Queen of Hearts
17,935 Posts
Hmmm relate to parts but to some parts not as much

They often know how they feel about you and express it.
They want to love you and make it the focus of their lives.
They will see your best qualities and talk about you in glowing terms. I guess?
They shower you with attention and always remember important events.
They often feel your pain and seek ways to make it better. Not sure, I can be stupid with this kind of thing
They will typically wait on you hand and foot. No, not a servant, but I can see this applying to me in a slightly less literal way
If they have what you want, they usually gladly give it to you. Yes, I'm not withholding for no reason

They often want to know where you are at all times. My instinct was no because this annoys me in other people but it's probably true
They may get jealous if you even talk to someone else. yep

I watch you talk with people
You seem so light to me, even transparent
I watch the days pass, the life in me saying
I'm not looking for love, I'm waiting for it
I watch you amusing your self, and I act like it too
But I can't stop you from being a child
You, you make large gestures, with a content air
You see, sometimes I hate this which I feel

There are too many people who love you
And you don't see me
I won't escape unscathed from this love with you
There are too many people who love you
Who turn around you
All the words of love that I sow, you don't hear

I feel so far from you at times
I don't want you to think that I'm waiting for you
I force myself to breathe, but I'm lying to myself
So I watch you go away from me so softly

They can become whiny and get mad for little reason.

They complain constantly that you're neglecting them. No, but it might be my instinct
They need lots of attention, and it's never enough.
They often see themselves as flawless. only because I am
They tend to scream at you and then deny being angry. No, I'm not a lunatic who can't connect screaming and anger, possible that I'll scream and then not be angry anymore though
Instead of asking for what they want, they resort to manipulation. wouldn't call it manipulation but yeah

·
🎀
11,795 Posts

They often know how they feel about you and express it.
They want to love you and make it the focus of their lives.

They will see your best qualities and talk about you in glowing terms. I guess, but I'm not really open in that sense, in front of other people, makes me doubt 2 a bit
They shower you with attention and always remember important events.
They often feel your pain and seek ways to make it better.
They will typically wait on you hand and foot. Not a servant, it's the kind of thing that makes me really annoyed really fast
If they have what you want, they usually gladly give it to you. Yes, also I really hate having my money and then someone else having their money, for example, everything should be our money, I'm willing to give my money, unless I really don't have any money lol but...

They often want to know where you are at all times. Definitely not in friendships and such, that kind of thing annoys me a lot and really I do not care about where most people most of the time
They may get jealous if you even talk to someone else. I don't care where anyone is unless they are a guy and there's a possibility of him being somewhere talking to someone else
They can become whiny and get mad for little reason.
They complain constantly that you're neglecting them.
They need lots of attention, and it's never enough.
They often see themselves as flawless.
They tend to scream at you and then deny being angry.
Instead of asking for what they want, they resort to manipulation.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts

• They often know how they feel about you and express it. true
  • They want to love you and make it the focus of their lives. pretty much
  • They will see your best qualities and talk about you in glowing terms. Nah, hmm, at times, but not as much
  • They shower you with attention and always remember important events. No, I dont have to know everything though ... you can have your own life
  • They often feel your pain and seek ways to make it better. true
  • They will typically wait on you hand and foot. mostly true
  • If they have what you want, they usually gladly give it to you. true

• They often want to know where you are at all times. Not at all - I trust you to tell me everything that is really important for the relationship
  • They may get jealous if you even talk to someone else. Only if you flirt with them and laugh and smile more than you do to me.
  • They can become whiny and get mad for little reason. Thats because I did not pay attention to myself and you failed to see a need in me
  • They complain constantly that you're neglecting them. If you are a Type 5, then yes. Otherwise not so much.
  • They need lots of attention, and it's never enough. Not always, but surely there can never be too much.
  • They often see themselves as flawless. Because we mostly are :) hahaha. Proud of my Pride.
  • They tend to scream at you and then deny being angry. Whuaaat? I only scream at selfish family members, and yes then im angry just fine.
  • Instead of asking for what they want, they resort to manipulation. Kinda true.

Those negative traits are so exaggerated that nobody on this planet would even want to date a type 2, even I would not.... please .... psychooo alert

·
Registered
ISFP 2w1 (9w1 7w6) sp/so
36 Posts
Seems like this goes a bit over the board, both in the positive & negative.

• They often know how they feel about you and express it. Yeah sure, I know how I feel and I won't hesitate to tell people I love them. What for ?
  • They want to love you and make it the focus of their lives. Not really. I want to be kind and loving, a good friend etc but I'm not forgetting myself. My well-being is important too, and my life is my own;
  • They will see your best qualities and talk about you in glowing terms. I do tend to focus on the good sides of people : I'm an optimist, I don't care that much about your flaws unless you go out of your way to show them to me.
  • They shower you with attention and always remember important events. Eh. Here's the funny thing : I do not miss people, and that means I do not think of contacting them when we're apart. So, sadly, I don't think I count as someone who "showers" others with attention. I do try to remember important events though i guess.
  • They often feel your pain and seek ways to make it better. I don't feel it, I suck at actual EMPATHY and feeling for others. But sure, I'll want to make things better any way I can, just tell me so I can give you a hand.
  • They will typically wait on you hand and foot. Idk... Sort of ? I'd prefer others make the choices they're happy with when we're doing stuff together. But at the same time, I want to be happy with the choices too. Let's just compromise okay ? I care but I'm not a slave yet.
  • If they have what you want, they usually gladly give it to you. For sure. I struggle with knowing how to help, not with giving said help when I know what is needed.
  • They often want to know where you are at all times. Nah, I'm trusting.
  • They may get jealous if you even talk to someone else. I mean, I might get jealous if I think my most important person has someone they sahre more stuff with or who is more important to them. But I'm not getting jealous just because they're talking to people lol, wtf
  • They can become whiny and get mad for little reason. I'm more likely to bend over backwards and bury my needy feelings than whine. Or overshow you with attention in the hope that it'll be returned. I don't get mad easily.
  • They complain constantly that you're neglecting them. I do not as a matter of fact. I need alone time as much as I need validation, I'm not running after love all of the time.
  • They need lots of attention, and it's never enough. Same answer, not really. I do feel like my need for love and compliments is a never-ending well that won't be filled at times, but that's rare and I don't go pursuing people or crying to get attention at all.
  • They often see themselves as flawless. Definitely not lol. God I wish I could be half as good & kind as I wish to be, as I would ideally be..
  • They tend to scream at you and then deny being angry. No. I rarely get angry in the first place, and when irritation spikes up, I'm more likely to bottle up at the slightest hint of it being undeserved. Only exception is my family (parents + sis) with whom I'm much more open about my negative emotions. But even then, if I'm angry enough to scream I won't deny I am, I'll apologize after having cooled down..
  • Instead of asking for what they want, they resort to manipulation. No again. I just hope for people to notice on their own. Manipulating defeats the purpose for me. I want people to love me on their own for who I am, if I have to put my foot down like that, I'm not worthy of it.t

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,822 Posts
Seems like this goes a bit over the board, both in the positive & negative.
It's excessive, I can see people viewing Sx 2s and maybe So 2s that way from the outside, but even if it's based on an external pov it ignores the countertype Sp 2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts