Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there ENTP's!

How do you guys feel about love letters? Have you ever received one?

And most importantly, if you were to receive one, what would you like it to say?

Say, it's coming from someone you're not in a relationship with yet but there's interest.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
As long as they're not all "You are the light of my world and without you I am blind and unable to live a fulfilled life" that puts me on the spot and overloads me with feels, I like them. And by them, I mean it. I've gotten one, and it was great... because it appealed to my rationality!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have gotten a couple before. One was years back in middle school which actually lead to my first "girlfriend" if you can actually call it that at that age. Another from my most recent ex. The first one was a girl I really had no idea even existed at the time but I really liked that it was a surprise and pretty daring of her. The second was a gushy SF love note thing from while we were kind of just fooling around that I think she used to say she wanted more from our relationship, which did work.. for a while at least.

But now for what you actually want to know. Basically just throw some logic in there. I like you because reasons x,y,z. We will like that you appreciate certain parts about our personality the most i'd say. "And that's why i'd love if we could maybe give a date or two a shot?" The only way I wouldn't like this is if it came off as like I LIKE YOU BE MY BOYFRIEND AND WE WILL BE TOGETHER FOREVER. We tend to like our options a bit more open. Hope some of my ramblings might have helped :tongue:

·
Registered
276 Posts
*Gets home and letter falls out of door frame*

*=:=''?... opens... *

'Have you ever looked at the rain? I think it is quite beautiful.. don't you agree?
You probably are reading this letter wondering why someone has written this letter to you, but I'm going to be honest with you. I think you are beautiful.. I can see the kindness in your eyes that make me blush and want to hide under my bed. Do you believe in seeing someone and seeing them completing what's missing in your Life..? I feel an emptiness inside me, I've felt it for a long a time and I'm not a brave person, I'm not someone who has great courage to test the consistency of the World but when I looked at you, i couldn't help but feel this part awaken inside me that makes me feel Alive it makes me want to face the World as something new, I can't stop thinking about you. I've seen you in the park NOT THAT I'M STALKING YOU... All the time anyway, idiot.. :bored:

Sometimes you have such a sad look in your eyes, and it feels like that same loneliness that crushes me day in day out. When I look in to your eyes I sometimes see myself, and I wish I could bring light to them, I w-wish that you would look at me with those big loving eyes... I've seen you stare in to open space in the park, sometimes for hours... i confess that I do it to with you.. But i don't have the courage to be able to talk to you, I don't have the courage to be able to tell you my feelings. Sometimes the rain pours on us, and doesn't it feel so free? Sometimes it makes us realize that the beauty in Life is found in watching the magic happen around us, I've seen you smile to the rain, and when I saw you smile for the first time, I couldn't help but blush, I was thinking about it for days.

I'm not telling you that I love you (i think), I'm not saying that have to be mine, I'm telling you that I think you are beautiful, and I can't stand to see that sad look in your eyes, it makes me want to hate the World. I wonder if you know who I am? Do you believe in Fate Neidijijian? I do, so perhaps you'll find me in this strange and absurd World.. I hope you do.. Thanks for taking time to read this letter, and don't ever forget you own worth,
Sincerely, the Human who lives across the road from you. :blushed:
xx

·
Registered
930 Posts
I think love letters are really cute. Even if I don't return the romantic interest, I appreciate them. However, there a couple of things that turn me off when people approach me with any kind of 'I love you's, whether it's said in a letter, poem or spoken.

If you haven't known each other for a very long time, avoid telling an ENTP you love them. Tell them you desire them, you respect them, that you think they're super awesome cool, but don't use the L word until you're in love with them, until you know and love their flaws and know you really mean it. And even then, it's often best to wait for them to say it first, or until you're at least confident that they'll say it back. Love - irrational, illogical and confusing - can be a pretty terrifying thing to an ENTP. ENTPs don't fall in love often, but they're known for dating a lot in search of love. This means they may be scared of leading you on, if they think you love them but they're not sure yet if they'll ever love you. It also means they probably won't believe it if you say it and they don't think you know them well enough to really be in love with them. ENTPs love being loved, but they want romantic relationships to feel equal. They hate feeling like they're deceiving, or feel deceived by, people they really honestly care about, especially when it comes to emotion. If this happens, even if there is a chance they could love you back, they may run away and never give it a chance.

Flatter ENTPs. Flatter their intelligence, their physical appearance, their humour, their taste in literature and their hobbies. Quote their favourite writers or musicians, offer to help them with something you know they need help with. Show them that you've really noticed them and care, and that you haven't just fallen for a pretty face. Don't be sappy; be honest. Tell them why you like them. Be specific. Tell them what you want from the relationship. If you're not sure, say that. Tell them whether or not you have any expectations. Keep it light, cheerful and funny if you can, but above all, be honest.

And don't put 'I love you' in the letter unless you really mean it; even then, I wouldn't unless you think the recipient feels the same way.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think love letters are really cute. Even if I don't return the romantic interest, I appreciate them. However, there a couple of things that turn me off when people approach me with any kind of 'I love you's, whether it's said in a letter, poem or spoken.

If you haven't known each other for a very long time, avoid telling an ENTP you love them. Tell them you desire them, you respect them, that you think they're super awesome cool, but don't use the L word until you're in love with them, until you know and love their flaws and know you really mean it. And even then, it's often best to wait for them to say it first, or until you're at least confident that they'll say it back. Love - irrational, illogical and confusing - can be a pretty terrifying thing to an ENTP. ENTPs don't fall in love often, but they're known for dating a lot in search of love. This means they may be scared of leading you on, if they think you love them but they're not sure yet if they'll ever love you. It also means they probably won't believe it if you say it and they don't think you know them well enough to really be in love with them. ENTPs love being loved, but they want romantic relationships to feel equal. They hate feeling like they're deceiving, or feel deceived by, people they really honestly care about, especially when it comes to emotion. If this happens, even if there is a chance they could love you back, they may run away and never give it a chance.

Flatter ENTPs. Flatter their intelligence, their physical appearance, their humour, their taste in literature and their hobbies. Quote their favourite writers or musicians, offer to help them with something you know they need help with. Show them that you've really noticed them and care, and that you haven't just fallen for a pretty face. Don't be sappy; be honest. Tell them why you like them. Be specific. Tell them what you want from the relationship. If you're not sure, say that. Tell them whether or not you have any expectations. Keep it light, cheerful and funny if you can, but above all, be honest.

But above all, don't put 'I love you' in the letter unless you really mean it. And even then, I wouldn't unless you think the recipient feels the same way.
I second this.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Heh. Letters are not my thing at all. I have received some "love" letters before and I found them overly sappy and weird. Like what was said above, no....you do not love me, you simply cant because you dont know me. You are attracted to me, yes there is a difference.

Something like this might work though.

Dear Turo,

I am attracted to you, (insert a bunch of compliments here. ex: you are intelligent, funny, attractive, ect.) However, I am too shy to tell you this to your face....blah blah blah.

Sincerely, a person

The key would be to not get too mushy, and the word love would freak me out.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have enjoyed honesty, and when the person has reflected on positive memories that we've shared. I agree with other posters that I would enjoy rationality behind it, but producing a PowerPoint presentation would be too far, as you can easily overwhelm your interests.

Basically I would enjoy a love letter written by myself to myself.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Preferably? Something to the tune of: "Hi, I'm blablabla and like <quality of me here> of you a lot. By the way, I have a high libido, an active interest in psychology and debating social issues for giggles, and here's medical records proving I"m both sterile and free of STD's. Grab the chess boards, turn on the computer monitor, I'll prepare the bed and make some morning coffee, let the day begin. "

But alas, it may well be just fantasy.

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Don't try to sound too intellectual. If you're competent or not, we'll find that out for ourselves, your letter won't help with that. Besides, competency isn't always intellect. Be careful with mushiness, though. We will analyze the letter and try to see if you're trying to hurt us in the best way you can: through our very vulnerable Fi. But if it passes our test, we will love you for understanding the one thing we never could. And probably never will.

Reactions: Blindfolded Miles

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
*Gets home and letter falls out of door frame*

*=:=''?... opens... *

'Have you ever looked at the rain? I think it is quite beautiful.. don't you agree?
You probably are reading this letter wondering why someone has written this letter to you, but I'm going to be honest with you. I think you are beautiful.. I can see the kindness in your eyes that make me blush and want to hide under my bed. Do you believe in seeing someone and seeing them completing what's missing in your Life..? I feel an emptiness inside me, I've felt it for a long a time and I'm not a brave person, I'm not someone who has great courage to test the consistency of the World but when I looked at you, i couldn't help but feel this part awaken inside me that makes me feel Alive it makes me want to face the World as something new, I can't stop thinking about you. I've seen you in the park NOT THAT I'M STALKING YOU... All the time anyway, idiot.. :bored:

Sometimes you have such a sad look in your eyes, and it feels like that same loneliness that crushes me day in day out. When I look in to your eyes I sometimes see myself, and I wish I could bring light to them, I w-wish that you would look at me with those big loving eyes... I've seen you stare in to open space in the park, sometimes for hours... i confess that I do it to with you.. But i don't have the courage to be able to talk to you, I don't have the courage to be able to tell you my feelings. Sometimes the rain pours on us, and doesn't it feel so free? Sometimes it makes us realize that the beauty in Life is found in watching the magic happen around us, I've seen you smile to the rain, and when I saw you smile for the first time, I couldn't help but blush, I was thinking about it for days.

I'm not telling you that I love you (i think), I'm not saying that have to be mine, I'm telling you that I think you are beautiful, and I can't stand to see that sad look in your eyes, it makes me want to hate the World. I wonder if you know who I am? Do you believe in Fate Neidijijian? I do, so perhaps you'll find me in this strange and absurd World.. I hope you do.. Thanks for taking time to read this letter, and don't ever forget you own worth,
Sincerely, the Human who lives across the road from you. :blushed:
xx
Or you could just copy and paste this. I would replace Neidijijian's name with your victim's name, though.

Reactions: Neidijijian

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
ROFL. What have I done :laughing:
Crap! You're right again...PEOPLE! I think Neidijijian just created a standard love letter for ENTPs. Beware! Only one person can copy and paste this letter per ENTP, otherwise, it starts getting old!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Crap! You're right again...PEOPLE! I think Neidijijian just created a standard love letter for ENTPs. Beware! Only one person can copy and paste this letter per ENTP, otherwise, it starts getting old!
Haha, standard ENTP Love letter, exclusive edition. :p

*extrapolates future weather ENTP love forecast*

'Hey what the **** is this!? You sent me this Love letter that made me feel special and I was beautiful... I went to show my friend and SHE HAD THE SAME LETTER FROM SOMEONE ELSE. '

'No... *ahhh my head * leg wobbles* I can feel it... We are connected, yes... When someone creates an idea, someone else creates it in the World as well.. yes.. i can feel his presence'

'umm... But it's exactly the same. Word for word..'

'don't underestimate the power of the universe... it's speaking to me!! it's telling me to tell you to tell him the words ENTP...'

'yes!! it is a secret code... we are all connected, we wrote the letter together by joining our desire to not be alone and be loved, I did this because of my overwhelming desire to become closer to you'

*eyes sparkle... *sees him drinking coffee...runs and asks him*

'ENTP'

*sprays out coffee all over the desk in a cafe*

^______________^''...... 'STAY OUT OF MY BOYFRIENDS MIND; GOT IT!?'

(this is starting to sound like the ENTP tv show Pysch) XD

Reactions: ENTrePreneur

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
ROFLSHIGU (Rolling On Floor Laughing So Hard I can't Get Up) Life would get very interesting very quickly. Tony (Mr. Stark for all of you who aren't on a first-name basis with him) might get very confused when he gets millions of these in the mail!

·
Registered
276 Posts
ROFLSHIGU (Rolling On Floor Laughing So Hard I can't Get Up) Life would get very interesting very quickly. Tony (Mr. Stark for all of you who aren't on a first-name basis with him) might get very confused when he gets millions of these in the mail!

and moving on to an interesting topic today, Tony Stark becoming to hold the most amount of girlfriends at one consecutive time, we've got him on the line here, Tony how did this happen!?
Cartoon Forehead Mouth Anime Jaw

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Stark: "I don't know...I just woke up at one this morning and I had to blast myself out of my house because of all the spam...I didn't even know people still spammed with snail-mail...."
Neidijijian: "And there you have it folks! For the first time since birth, Tony *whispers* can I call you Tony?"
Stark: "Uhh.."
Neidijijian: "Great! For the first time since birth, Tony here is without a witty comeback or a put-down of some sort!"

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.