Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 10 22.7%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going to pose this question in the ISFP forum and the INFP forum, I'm curious what kind of art you all are more likely to do, just to get a feel of it.

You can choose more than one.

If you want to share your art here with others, feel free. Or you can explain what kind of art it is you do.

If you happen to select other, please explain :)

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Music-Classical violin, and bass guitar as a hobby (the violin keeps me busier most of the time, though.)

I also love most other fine or performing arts, even if I don't practice them myself.

(I also love the art of perfume, but only wear it//sniff it/experience it-I am no perfumer myself, but love following the works of the great perfumers, young and old, innovative and classic.)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
While I have no clue how I managed to forget photography, since I do photography as well (there's an album on my profile if you want to look, it's a lot of nature stuff, oh and my avatar there with the flowers is a picture I took LOL gotta love sunset lighting), I also do a lot with music, I absolutely adore music, play a bit of piano. I also do writing, even if I don't type or write it out, I still like to come up with stories in my head, just drifting off into thought when walking to class or anywhere else coming up with these stories lol.

Last I would say drawing/painting. I'm not big on it, I do some, mostly if i feel like it or I'm really bored in class (which means I'm often doodling in class lol).

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Music, drawing, writing. I'm a bit on and off with music, I had two years of lessons with the viola, but I have trouble tuning and viola strings are hard to come by here. I learned a bit of piano, but I still can't play it like regular piano players do, I can't keep my fingers placed on the same position. And I tried learning guitar too, but I gave up when I tried doing the bar chords. :laughing:

I used to draw a lot, but nowadays I only do so from time to time. But I think writing is my best outlet. I'm good at essays (although it might not be art per se), I'm writing in a journal, and I'm writing a story too.

Reactions: Amarose

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
paintings, i like the fact you can stand and stare at the beautiful creation, you get a sense of understanding of this person that painted this master piece. You can only be looking for a few minutes, but it invokes such emotions, emotions you don't feel often enough. you can loose yourself inside this painting, like your own special place and for those 2 minutes you don't have a care in the world

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@snail Your artwork is absolutely amazing, so different and creative, like a unique world all its own, very imaginative. I remember seeing it on the Share Your Artwork thread when I went there, was always in awe by it, yours and a few other artists of course. Just thought you should know how amazing your art is lol.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Other: Philosophy/Philosophizing.
(I consider Philosophy as a form of art)

What kind of philosophy are my most interested in, what speaks to you, interests you the most? I"m curious because I like studying the Taoist Philosophy, it actually makes me tear up I like it so much, can relate to it so well, and wish the world would take the time to do what this philosophy speaks of. See my quote in my signature, it's from the Taoist book Taoist Philosophy followers read, the Tao Te Ching (you can read it like a series of poems with deeper lessons to contemplate).

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
What kind of philosophy are my most interested in, what speaks to you, interests you the most? I"m curious because I like studying the Taoist Philosophy, it actually makes me tear up I like it so much, can relate to it so well, and wish the world would take the time to do what this philosophy speaks of. See my quote in my signature, it's from the Taoist book Taoist Philosophy followers read, the Tao Te Ching (you can read it like a series of poems with deeper lessons to contemplate).
Most philosophy interests me; from what I have looked into so far.

I like the Taoist philosophy as well. I've read a few of the Tao Te Ching poems and I have to admit they are quite beautiful.
I've actually been meaning to go back and read the Tao Te Ching more thoroughly so I can have deeper understanding of its contents/poems.

Ever since I can remember, I've always been interested in philosophical concepts and questioning things.
I remember my mother telling me once that I use to talk about death and ask similar questions when I was only 4 years of age. (I'm not sure how common that is, so that could just be normal)

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,368 Posts
I only selected writing because I consider it my most serious artistic interest, the one I want to invest the most time and care into. I love choosing the right words, I love getting new ideas for stories, I love exploring the worlds in my head and writing out all the details.
(I haven't finished any of my 'real' stories, but I also enjoy writing little fanfictions)
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3182272/Aelthwyn

I also do a lot of photography because I enjoy saving the little bits of beauty I see, and it's instant so it's pretty easy....there isn't a lot of follow-through needed which is always what gets me with my hobbies - I have sooo many unfinished projects.
http://aelthwyn.deviantart.com/gallery/

Music and Crafting come next. I'm not sure really which I do more. I sing to myself all the time, and used to play the piano a lot when I had one, but I also enjoy making jewelry and sewing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.