Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,817 Posts
I don't have nightmares. I don't recall having ever had a nightmare. I suppose I probably did when I was very young, but I don't remember having any at all. I have had dreams that other people would call nightmares, but I'm not afraid in the dreams, so I don't consider them nightmares. I'll have the occasional "bad guys trying to get me" type of dream, but I'm never afraid in them... only trying to outwit the bad guys so they don't get me. (And they never do.)

I did have a dream many years ago where I dreamt my lil bro had died. It wasn't a nightmare, but it was a seriously sucktastic dream. It was so real. And when I woke, I had this horribly empty feeling, as if he had really died... even though I knew he hadn't. Took me the better part of the day to shake that feeling.

I never have erotic dreams, either, that I remember at least. That makes me terribly sad. :laughing:

When I worked at a group home many years ago there was a brief period of time, three weeks or so, where I kept having these very realistic dreams of either one of the youthful offenders dying or one of the staff members dying. That really bothered me because I do not dream stuff like that, ever. I actually made a coworker who was going to Mexico for missionary work for his church promise me he wouldn't take his red car... because I had a dream he was killed in that stupid car in Texas on the way to Mexico. (He was going on a bus anyway, as it turns out, but whatever...)

Interestingly enough, about a week after that the last dream I had of that nature, one of our staff members had a massive heart attack and died. He was only 54... it was completely unexpected. I've always thought it was odd that I kept dreaming that someone related to that group home was going to die and then someone did. (The guy who died, however, was not one of the dream deaths.) Probably pure coincidence... but I suppose one could make a pretty solid argument for some sort of... half assed premonition. It's not an argument I would make... but I could see how someone could make that connection.

Dreams are odd beasts, no?

· Registered
6,817 Posts
I would.:laughing: If you were telling me this face to face I would be like "OH MY GOD IT'S A PREMONITION!:shocked:".
You made me remember that my mom (this was like a month ago) dreamed about how a patient of her (She's a nurs) died, she woke up at 7.00am, and the pacient died 7.15am.
I honestly think it was some weird coincidence, though I had four or five of these dreams one right after the other... then this guy dies. It was really weird. Never happened before that, hasn't happened since.

Of course, there was some talk of the campus of the group home having been haunted. It was on an old, defunct (and small) college campus. Apparently, at some point in the way back, there had been a fire in the college's auditorium and a woman (student or staff or elsewise, I'm not sure which) was killed in the fire.

I don't really believe such things. However, I did experience things there... actually, I experienced several things there in a single night, that were... not easy to explain away, I guess would be the best way to put it and things that, had they happened singly, wouldn't have even been paid much attention to... however, they all occured on the same night, so by the end it had gotten a wee bit X-Files-ish, lol.

Today, James Gandolfini was in my dream. He was there as himself. I know this as I refered to him by his last name. However, he was carrying the Tony Soprano personality, not his own. And we were... having a disagreement. Loudly & aggressively, lol. The only reason I can think of having Gandolfini show up in my dream was that just before I went to bed I saw an advertisment for a video tribute to the man. I didn't watch it, but it was one of the last things I saw before I went to bed, sooooooooo...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.