Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious what sort of drivers are you guys? I'll be the first to admit, when it comes to driving, people annoy the living crap out of me. I get road rage pretty easily. I'm not aggressive, but I find things like "You fucking idiot!" "Dumbass" "wtf are you doing?" coming out of my mouth quite a bit. lol. I find myself getting annoyed quite easily behind the wheel :D. It doesn't sound like an infp trait, but I was curious about the rest of you guys. I've always loved driving otherwise even though I get annoyed easily, haha.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I'm the same way. I'm a defensive driver and honk my horn at people who are on my tail because that is a pet peeve of mine. I also imagine that I'm doing a "driving scene" from a movie, depending on the song that's on the radio, or the mood I'm in. But I'm awesome at parallel parking:proud:.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I'm pretty aggressive and defensive. Someone seems to always make me angry. But I like driving a lot, it's just other people driving I don't like. And I have this weird thing where I hate when people get in front of me. I don't why it bothers me, but I always want to speed up when they try to so that they can't.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
The hesitant, phobic kind. I don't even have a license.

Reactions: Teigue and Drea

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'm very hesitant and slow to make decisions. D: I'm the person who pisses every single other person on the road off.

·
Registered
60 Posts
According to my mother, a speed demon. I'm very cautious though. I like driving, it helps me to be more aware of my surroundings. Can't really daydream while driving...though it's happened before.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I drive fast but smooth. I'm constantly checking everything going on, and I'm so used to watching how people act that the same goes for driving to where I can feel out what people are going to do by their subtle movements. I'll be defensive when it counts whenever I see anyone doing anything that even seems slightly wrong or off. Plus by constantly being aware and looking around, I generally give myself just enough time from the moment I spot a cop and I use terrain to my advantage all the time (speed up going down hills, let the momentum take me back to limit going up) to speed. Although, I've cut back on that in the past year by quite a bit because I drive so much. Still, being an INFP definitely seems to be help me greatly with driving. I feel like I have an advantage on the road, and I've never caused a crash.

I've been in two accidents. One was someone hitting me from behind on an icy road in New Jersey when she was trying to come to a stop at a red light and kept sliding. The second was being the 3rd car in the middle of a 5-car accident in bad traffic with someone slamming into us from behind on a highway.

I also lose my temper pretty quickly and curse at people. I don't road rage, but if someone does something really terrible to me, I will be a jerk back to them for a moment. Sometimes, people deserve a horn and finger to let them know how wrong they were. But I certainly have never come close to anything like pointing and shouting at another person and trying to get them to pull over to argue or anything.

I work on the road, so I actually drive about 50,000 miles per year. That's an oil change every 3-4 weeks. Jiffy Lube freaking adores me.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Patient yet aggressive. I don't like slow drivers even though I drive slow sometimes myself. But that's only when I feel like just taking a stroll or I'm looking for a specific place. I'm surprised I haven't been pulled over or gotten in an accident yet, to be honest. lol

·
Banned
1,969 Posts
I drive for the love of it and although I'm sensible 99% of the time, I'm an absolute demon on empty roads! I'm fortunate enough to have an Alfa and although it isn't the fastest off the mark, it's incredibly nippy in the higher rev ranges and it corners really well.

Overall though I'm always very aware of my surroundings and I'm only an idiot when it's safe to be. I used to ride a motorbike so that alone gives me greater awareness than many road users ('lifesaver' checks etc).

I don't tend to get roadrage these days but a couple of years back I was very bad for it. Now I just sit back and enjoy :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I feel like a combination of an annoying driver and someone who gets angered by every other car. But I have yet to get into a wreck, so I figure I'm better off than most :laughing:

·
Registered
243 Posts
And I have this weird thing where I hate when people get in front of me. I don't why it bothers me, but I always want to speed up when they try to so that they can't.
Me, too! It bugs me on the interstate because as long as things are moving smoothly, I'll have on cruise control and when someone who has been behind me for a while decides he/she/it needs to be in front then gets in front only to slow down, and make me brake...$%#%@#$ Oh, and on regular roads when they do that only to get in front because they just couldn't drive behind you, and only come to a complete stop to make a turn. I keep good track of my speed and when fellow drivers who don't due to distractions, speed up, slow down for no apparent reason, it's a tad frustrating.:angry:

·
Banned
1,969 Posts
Oh, I actively encourage that kind of behaviour when I get a boy racer up my arse :p It's bloody hilarious. I'll slow down to about 25mph and keep my car in second gear. When they pull out for the overtake, I slam my foot down on the accelerator and leave them eating my dust.

Immature? Yes.

Good fun? Definitely >:B

·
Registered
188 Posts
Most of my friends trust my driving over that of themselves or even their parents (I don't mean to be a snob). I would say I drive defensively, but not generally aggressively (unless you're blatantly trying to cut me off). I say horrible things about other drivers that I would probably never say about any stranger if I were to encounter them walking. If you don't know how to drive...GET OFF THE ROAD!!!!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I drive fast and maybe kind of aggressively. I don't know, a lot of people don't seem to know what they're doing aruond here and it aggravates me! Like, no turn signals, not looking when changing lanes, stopping in the middle of a roundabout... The upshot is that it makes driving a neverending game to get around them all! :happy: But one thing I'm not is a daredevil and I look at my mirrors constantly, so I think I'm reasonably safe overall :tongue:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I am a safe, chill... driver. I don't yell at people that cut me off or anything like that. I go the speed limit, and if no one is around... I will go below it, just listening to my tunes as I get to w/e my destination is. I have been called a grandpa driver or an old man... by my mother. Her driving scares most people though, so whatever.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
I'm really good at driving but I don't get road rage ever.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Oh...I am soooo the same way... I don't take my road rage to the streets but I deffinetly find myself yelling from the confines of my care "well fucking turn already" or "hello the speed limite is 35 not 10 asshole." But I'm totally a defensive driver. I watche out for the jerkoffs canging five lanes at once, I keep my distance from the tail of those ahead of me, and I like some space behind me than you very much. :tongue:

·
Premium Member
15,511 Posts
Slow, cautious, don't break a lot of traffic laws and I don't talk on the cell phone while driving.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm totally an INFP driver :crazy: I always get stuck in situations where I let too many people go in front of me and I'm not aggressive enough. My friends all criticize how I drive, but I'm the only one who hasn't been in an accident yet, so maybe I'm doing something right!

Driving makes me really nervous, but I'm selling my car and moving to the city soon! :happy:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts