Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sorry if this has been covered before in some thread, but I was wondering how INFJs perceive beauty in people. Or more specifically, give your examples of beautiful faces, etc? Could there be any similarities?

I've always found that I like more original faces. Also paleness, darker hair and twinkly eyes always catch my attention... I sometimes even get a little fed up with the actresses everyone seems to always mention! Alba...Jolie...Longoria...Etc...

Here are a few people I find stunning:

Natalie Dormer

Michelle Trachtenberg

Emily Browning

Kristen Stewart

Emma Watson

Last two are more classic beauties in my opinion. :)

ED// Almost forgot

Yulia Volkova

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay I'm totally seeking attention right now, but I was really hoping for some opinions, so I'm bumping this thread! Pfft... *crosses fingers*

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I don't have a set taste in faces. I find some more attractive to others, but not in any sort of pattern that I'm able to discern. I'm usually more attracted to physical quirks. For example, you know those birthmarks that look sort of like you spilled grape juice on yourself? A woman came on another message board who had a large mark like that beneath one of her eyes. She was g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s. There's also a woman who lives in an apartment somewhere near me who wears a pair of cat ears. My standing promise to myself is to say hi to her next time I see her... even if I have to yell across the street.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Depends on whether you are talking about male or female.

Naturally, as a female, my perception of other females' beauty is a bit more sublime, and personality plays a major factor in it as well (but this applies to males too). I don't know if my perception of female beauty matches what would be considered attractive in a male's eyes, but I tend to find beauty in girls who have large, doe-like eyes (any colour), straight nose, and heart shaped face (think dimples, soft cheekbones tapering to a narrow, pointed chin). And any other feature that is striking and different from the norm.

In this regards, I don't consider Kristen Stewart attractive - her face is too gaunt and she lacks a certain vibrancy in her eyes - but I agree with the others posted above.

For guys, I think ethnicity plays a factor - not that I am predisposed towards any one race (quite on the contrary...), but what I regard as beautiful depends on the ethnicity of the guy. For an example, for Europeans, I am drawn to more rugged, sharper features (sharp jawline, intense eyes, high cheekbones), but for Asians, I like their more subtle features ... which is hard to describe. Might post up pics later.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I didn't think I had a "type" of face that I thought was pretty, but after looking at the similarities in the women I find beautiful, I see a pattern! Although I can't say for sure what the pattern is exactly... something about almond eyes, high cheekbones, and a wide and thin mouth...
I think these women are drop-dead gorgeous, by the way. :) Don't tell my hubby. :p

zooey deschanel
Picture 1.jpg
rachel mcadams
Picture 2.jpg
breanna ortolla
Picture 3.jpg
kristen bell
Picture 5.jpg
katy perry
Picture 6.jpg

Edit: I just found this test and took it, and I think it just confirmed what I had already noticed. Weird!

HelloQuizzy.com: Uma Thurman
71% Eyes, 52% Nose, 35% Mouth, 45% SexyCute
You seem to prefer prominent eyes and noses, smaller lips, and a sexy attitude. Uma Thurman is unquestionably more sexy than cute. She's got big eyes and a prominent nose, but smaller lips than, say, Cameron Diaz.​

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don't really have a specific type of face I find beautiful, but I think in general those with more "exotic" looks attract my attention. Sharp, intense features, vibrant hair, tattoos, etc. usually make a person stand out more to me.

Bianca Golden

Haaz Sleiman

Kayla Ferrell

Jade Cole

Allison Harvard

Anchal Joseph

Azmarie Livingston

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
As far as choosing one from the OP list, I'm probably most attracted to the look that Kristen Stewart has. Rather plain and unremarkable to most people. Maybe it's the Fe in me or something, always rooting for the "underdog", so to speak. Not to say KS is ugly by any means. Just... plain, to most people I would assume. At least in that pic.

Well, come to think of it, they're all beautiful to me because they don't really stand out. So there's that. KS just looks the most "real", I guess. *shrug*

Reactions: snowwhisper

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm, I think I should have worded my question a little better. What I was sort of asking is whether we INFJs prefer original/strange/uncommon faces or features rather than the sexy common ones. Or well you know...Do we prefer cute, sexy or beautiful. For me it's definitely beautiful.

But I admit that it's all in the eyes and not all the women I posted above have that kind of a twinkly depth to them (in my opinion!). But for me the facial features themselves are to die for. ^^'

·
Registered
885 Posts
If I could catch her smiling, and discreetly snap a pic of it, and then upload it to the internet, I would show you the face/smile that causes me to forget how to walk. Lets ignore how incredibly creepy that would be lol (c'est la vie).

Like some have said, I don't know if I have a discernable pattern I look for. I don't know if they would be considered uncommon, exotic, common or what.

There are faces I find beautiful and stunning, but then there is this whole other "league" (I despise that word) that just stops me in my tracks. these are rare and I can honestly only think of 2 I have ever seen that have done this. Luckily for my post one happens to be a celebrity:

Katie Featherston - This screenshot is from one of the Paranormal Activity movies, not the best quality. (she almost looks like she is making the troll face lol). I know this is about faces, but this screenshot is from a later movie where apparently she lost some weight. I prefer her from the first movie where (I think) she wasn't as skinny (Im not trying to be a pig, I promise.)

Others not quite in this "league" for me (again, despise that word) include: Kate Beckinsale, Rachel Mcadams, Rachel Weisz, Olivia Wilde, Mila Kunis, Katherine Mcphee, Emma Stone. Note this is faces only. And hair. Hair is a critical part of the face package for me, a big part. And glasses.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Hmm, I think I should have worded my question a little better. What I was sort of asking is whether we INFJs prefer original/strange/uncommon faces or features rather than the sexy common ones. Or well you know...Do we prefer cute, sexy or beautiful. For me it's definitely beautiful.

But I admit that it's all in the eyes and not all the women I posted above have that kind of a twinkly depth to them (in my opinion!). But for me the facial features themselves are to die for. ^^'
As per my previous post, for me it's strange or uncommon faces, as opposed to the norm. Also, beautiful > cute > sexy.

Reactions: Angelus

·
Registered
246 Posts
Some male faces that fascinate me!

And this guy was my big celebrety crush as a teenager (yes, with the mask on). :laughing:

And one woman ;)

Reactions: Berdudget

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm an INFP who sucks at posting photos ;). but I'll throw in some names:

rufus sewell

chace crawford

jonathan rhys

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
I find myself attracted (not exclusively) to what I refer to as the "mouse face". :)

Cute nose, rounded noticable ears, small chin/lips.

Natalie Portman is pretty close to this. Same with Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Reactions: Vivid Melody
1 - 20 of 37 Posts