Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i'm a big film buff and love watching movies. im interested in what other INTPs like for general curiosity, plus i'll get some new movie reccomendations.

here are some of my favourites

Drama

A Clockwork Orange
Altered States
American Beauty
Badlands
Dogville
In Cold Blood
In the Company of Men
Little Children
Mr. Nobody
The Blue Lagoon
The Deer Hunter
The Fountain
The Graduate
The Pianist
The Rules of Attraction
The Thin Red Line
There Will be Blood
Vanilla Sky

Thriller

Apocalypse Now
Blue Velvet
Body Heat
Children of Men
Chinatown
Eastern Promises
Escape from Alcatraz
Escape from New York
Eyes Wide Shut
Fight Club
Memento
Reservoir Dogs
Starship Troopers
Sin City
To Die For
Unbreakable
Zodiac

Foreign Language

Amelie
Central Station
City of God
Fallen Angels
La Haine
Night on Earth
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
The 400 Blows
Y tu Mama Tambien

Comedies

Election
Grandma's Boy
Human Traffic
I Love You Phillip Morris
In Bruges
Observe & Report
Office Space
Superbad
Thank You for Smoking
The Cable Guy

Horror

Martyrs

Romance

Before Sunrise
Before Sunset

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
My two favorite movies are Girl, Interrupted and the Dark Knight.
I like movies that make me think or movies that make me feel good, but not chick flicks.
Or anything with Heath Ledger.
*nods* :3

·
Registered
179 Posts
Any martial arts movie with a modern day theme. I don't seem to take an interest in them when the setting is more than a hundred years before this time, or even sci-fi martial arts movies I can't get into.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I actually don't like films much. I'm too impatient for them. I don't think I've ever seen a film where I didn't think, "Come on, it must be over soon," at some point during it. Even films I enjoy.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
According to my facebook page, I am a fan of Inception, Donnie Darko, Spirited Away, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Mulan, Hard Candy, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, and Breakfast Club.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
Y tu Mama Tambien
I probably shouldn't admit this, but I had sex in the bed of the guy who directed this film. Not with him, though. I wish it had been with John Hurt's character from Altered States. That movie is pretty rad.

I feel better getting that off my chest.

I also think this means I win the thread.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats pretty cool

the guy makes incredible films. Y tu mama tambien is one of my favourites. also Children of Men is great too work. i love his camerawork

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
thats pretty cool

the guy makes incredible films. Y tu mama tambien is one of my favourites. also Children of Men is great too work. i love his camerawork
Yeah, I remember when he moved to London to film Harry Potter and ended up getting into dubstep and all of that apocalyptic/dystopian British literature. He's a super smart guy. His son got one of his films into the San Francisco film festival, Ano Una featuring his lovely girlfriend and future wife, and my friend Max. Not bad for a first film, you might want to check it out. He also made a film about the Shock Doctrine with Naomi Klein.

They're the INFJ wing of my friends. They make me look like an angry nihilist.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I probably shouldn't admit this, but I had sex in the bed of the guy who directed this film. Not with him, though. I wish it had been with John Hurt's character from Altered States. That movie is pretty rad.

I feel better getting that off my chest.

I also think this means I win the thread.
Backstory please.

I love "My uncle works for Nintendo." type stories.

Edit: I jumped the gun. I read the words "sex," "guy," "directed," and "film" and didn't bother going to the next page.

Reactions: nadjasix

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
I know a number of Hollywood freaks, I could regale you with stories all night...

Jonas Cuaron (son of Alfonso Cuaron) is a friend of mine and best friends with my INFP boyfriend back in undergrad. He moved to Mexico City for a while, had a baby or two, now he's back in Cali.

Had sex in his dad's bed (while he was away!)...Not that great of a story, really.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I know a number of Hollywood freaks, I could regale you with stories all night...

Jonas Cuaron (son of Alfonso Cuaron) is a friend of mine and best friends with my INFP boyfriend back in undergrad. He moved to Mexico City for a while, had a baby or two.
I feel like I'm the only person in the world that doesn't have a single story of the sort to tell.

How do you "know a number of Hollywood freaks"?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I actually tried making a list a few days back. It doesn't include all my favourite ones because I suck at remembering 'favourites' but, yep, here are a few.

Almost every movie related to Studio Ghilbi/Hayao Miyazaki
Almost every movie by Darren Aronofsky

The Lord of The Rings
Before Sunrise/Before Sunset
Midnight in Paris
Pan's Labrynth
It's a Wonderful Life
12 Angry Men
Lost in Translation
The Girl Next Door (hahh)
28 Days Later/28 Weeks Later
How To Train Your Dragon
Garden State
Drive
The Artist
American Hstory X
Our Idiot Brother
Donnie Darko
Dazed and Confused
American Beauty
V for Vandetta
Fight Club
American Psycho
Dead Poet's Society
Kick Ass
The Usual Suspects
Forrest Gump
Priceless (French)
Pretty Woman
500 Days of Summer
Die Hard series
Flipped
The original Karate Kid
Requiem for a Dream
Groundhog Day
Catch Me if You Can
Gran Torino
Leon: The Professional
The Prestige
The Fighter

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, I remember when he moved to London to film Harry Potter and ended up getting into dubstep and all of that apocalyptic/dystopian British literature. He's a super smart guy. His son got one of his films into the San Francisco film festival, Ano Una featuring his lovely girlfriend and future wife, and my friend Max. Not bad for a first film, you might want to check it out. He also made a film about the Shock Doctrine with Naomi Klein.

They're the INFJ wing of my friends. They make me look like an angry nihilist.
are you sure about that, i thought i watched an interview with him where he said he wrote children of men after y tu mama tambien and before agreeing to do harry potter

thanks, ill check out his film.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My favourite genres of films would be drama, psychological, mystery, thriller and whatever makes you think. I don't enjoy horror films, I find them useless. I also like comedy, but I wouldn't hasten to watch one. And about the romantic films, I find them too overrated.
I enjoyed watching Inception, Shutter Island, The butterfly effect. Also, my favourite director is Christopher Nolan. His films are really great.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts