Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive recognized, our humour is most largely affected by our types and instincts, to a lesser degree enneagram. so it tells a lot about the person. and is even a viable typing method.. lols.

my humour is mostly me pretending stupid and silly by doing something unexpected, and when others laugh, i pretend hurt. =)

and when i move about my way, i like to pretend im not from this planet in my superficial interactions and exhanges of body language.

which i guess is true, that im not part of this world, but everyone is a part of mine! =)

i also like to do omnious stretching moves that ive invented myself, in public, because it makes my muscles feel good and people like to watch!

i always also pretend happy, although in real i never am, and if i tell about any of my problems, i make it funny, so i wouldnt bore the other.

i often also get critical comments into my mind about other peoples stupidity, like when someone was purchasing alcohol next to me in a shop, i wanted to say nonchalantly: "Ooh, you decided to purchase poison."
but ive realized this type of humour is not accepted in my country.. <.< (but i anyways accidentally do it, like once i accidentally criticized an intj for his repetitive activity. he always avoids people and escapes to read science stuff, all anxious of what other people think of him, and once, i approached him and another one at a table, he was reading, so i nonchalantly commented "Ooh, hes reading. again."

i once got punched to my face for that type of humour.

once, someone enthusistically spoke in loud volume, that its very therapeutic to go watch lambs. she blabbered about it, and when she stopped, i wanted to say: "can i fuck them?" (a reference to being a male, when speaking of "therapeutic" =D)

its so indefinitely fun to make fun of peoples stupidity! =D
and when someone mentions theyre into astrology..(or something else "supernatural") its so cute, that they are so confused by their feelings as to get into something like that, i just want to pat their backs and say: some day you will grow up. *and smile*

ive also contemplated how much fun it would be to pretend a retard in public.. =)

i also adapt to other people personally, so my humour changes according to whom i talk to.

·
Banned
24 Posts
A lot of my humor relies on facial expression haha. It's mostly dry wit or comments about the situation at hand. It's a bit outrageous

·
Registered
997 Posts
I make people laugh by laughing at myself. Perhaps I shouldn't call myself out on something stupid that I did, but if it's humorous it doesn't really matter (like thinking a gnat was bothering me for hours and realizing I had a floater in my eye ... I was swatting at nothing all day.) My humor toward others is to tease in a gentle way. I wouldn't say I can make people laugh hard ... moreso to make them giggle or feel light-hearted. People often laugh at my genuine facial expressions, which makes it impossible for me to lie.

·
Registered
322 Posts
My humour is very situational. Classical jokes rarely get me laughing for real. What cracks me up the most are mostly misunderstood situations in which the partakers didn't see it coming. Not really pranks - it's hard to describe.

I also picture almost everything I hear from friends and add a funny twist. I make original jokes :happy:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Situational, observational and satire get me the most. Also, I find something a lot funnier when I'm part-way through laughing and suddenly think to myself "I am such a bad person."

Slapstick very rarely makes me smile, let alone laugh.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Situational, observational and satire get me the most. Also, I find something a lot funnier when I'm part-way through laughing and suddenly think to myself "I am such a bad person."

Slapstick very rarely makes me smile, let alone laugh.
Same.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have done many types of prepared humor, plays, speeches, etc., but for the most part I think my humor is reactionary, or accidental. I often don't set out to be funny, but if the opportunity presents itself I'll say something worth a chuckle.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
What I do:
Dry humour, irony (occasionally sarcasm).
Wordplay - I have a language fetish ;)
Little facial expressions.

What I don't do:
Slapstick.
Telling jokes.
Anything that's planned/prepared (my humour tends to be purely situational).

·
Registered
329 Posts
I make jokes nobody thinks are funny but me, often in reference to events that only I've experienced. Or subjects that interest me but not present company. Very boring for others. I'm usually only funny to them when I'm overreacting, and once they know my triggers they'll get me to rant on cue, but that's fun for me too sometimes, it feels like a debate.

Also, forums are weird.

Butterscotch schnapps. SCHNAPPS!! You know what? Nirvana. Nirvana schnapps.
I probably just need to get out more. But I realized today that I am genuinely obnoxious, so that probably won't change anytime soon.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Dry humor
A lot of shock humor. a lot.

Reactions: Debaser

·
Registered
222 Posts
My humour is really quite mean.. Never against an individual - I don't believe in hurting others for humour - but it does poke fun at society, systems, expressions etc. I guess you could call it sort of witty, dry, sarcastic, satirical..
Think Blackadder the Third mixed with Billy Connolly.
i can't stand slapstick or toilet humour

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
I don't know, I can be a bit self-depreciating I suppose. I don't like to come across as too pretentious.

Besides that, I'm not sure I "do" a lot of humor. I enjoy satire and such, but I haven't actually written any.

·
Registered
16,307 Posts
Any type of humor. I am an expert "funnyman". No matter who I'm talking to I can figure out what makes them laugh and then make them laugh. I don't really study or prepare, I just am naturally funny. One friend called me "a dick that you can't hate". This is because even when I say something mean, it comes out funny. It used to be hard to be seen as serious, but I can be serious when I want to now.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Sarcasm, wordplay (which seem to be common among Se-Ni types, I've noticed. Acknowledgment that there are always multiple interpretations for a word or phrase).

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Dry humor, sarcasm, self-deprecating, rants.

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
My humor is sarcastic, but it requires other people. I can't just be funny--I need other people to do/say things that I can work off of.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts