Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about this. What kind of people have liked you, romantically? you don't really have to talk about type, you can if you want to, but just curious to see what other INFJs have experienced - write as much detail!

Ill go first. i honestly have a really hard time answering this. Partially because I can be very oblivious to romantic advances. The only ones i sort of know of are when people have suggested to me, or went as far as spelling it out, that someone is interested in me. Even when they do point it out, I'm kinda skeptical about it... but anyway, During the past few years, i seem to be approached by guys who have a "work hard/play hard mentality". They are really disciplined, structured and get things done/are efficient/work hard. At the same time, they also "play hard." i don't mean they are "party guys" but they seem to know how to have fun, and seem to work hard in order to go play hard. Either they have been extraverts or extremely people-loving introverts. lol. I think this makes sense though... overall i'd say, i've had more of mellow/laid back types that were interested in me (as opposed to study-hard-work-hard-do-hard-live-hard-work-hard, serious types). and in the school/work setting, this has transformed to mean mellow/laid back types that also know how to get thigns done efficiently and in a discipliend way. sorry if this doesnt make sense. i tired. but looking back, i kinda wish they made it more obvious.

What about you guys?

·
Registered
836 Posts
wonderful guys with excellent taste in women :tongue:

actually i think i really confuse men because im nice to people with no ulterior motive. that seems to be my 'hook' even though its unintentional. ive been told im sweet often (this despite my sarcastic shell) which apparently confuses and disarms men that like me.

so mostly T men who are intrigued by girls who make cards for people. very random physical qualities. very random backgrounds and beliefs. also im a high J, so I tend to pair well with scattered P types.

but really, not much of a pattern on the type of person I tend to attract...

edit:
it could be too that attraction is mostly a superficial interaction, so there wouldn't be a pattern to me. rather, there is a pattern for the physical type that those men prefer. ie, all of those guys are attracted to me for x physical qualities. (just as i am attracted to certain men for certain qualities).

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I wouldn't be able to type all of these guys and also I wouldn't know if they liked me romantically or as a friend, the boundary is a little blurry but they wanted to get to know me better so there must be have been some sort of interest involved:

- INFP guy from school ... he was very artistic, I enjoyed taking art classes, we had lots to talk about even though both of us were shy introverts so we connected well
- strong and silent guy ... never gotten to know him well because he was, well, silent, and was more into stalking lol
- INTJ guy in college, supposedly was very much into me at least this is what others observed, i was clueless
- a German guy who was with military, tall, blonde dude, he was more into pursuing his dreams type of thing than work hard/play hard, wasn't staying in country very long
- a Korean guy who failed to mention to me that he was married, probably feeling a bit guilty because he flirted with me at the workplace, i learned about it a few months into the job and thought the situation was kind of funny .... he was a bit scattered so a P i think
- ENTP boss #1 - a slender quick moving Swedish guy who really liked himself, he liked me right away upon interview and ended up hiring me, married to a woman who was giving me the evil eye every time she came to visit him in his office
- ENTP boss #2 - also liked me right away, he was also prof at university I attended, was very fond of me for some reason
- boss of the boss in the company where I had internship, German, going through something like mid-life crisis, got himself a very expensive car for some reason liked giving me rides, i would walk from that workplace to college campus as form of exercise, he often offered lifts
- ENFP guy I met at a party and we instantly clicked together, he was grabbing me all kinds of drinks but moment I left him would start flirting with other girls so i had to 're-focus' his attention where it belonged ;)
- 3 ESTPs, two married, one single, just a bit of flirting ... never really understood why they liked me because we were so different
- 3 ENTPs, one just divorced in May, one is married, one was single and looking for a gf but i rejected him, he was prone to emo-raging and was kind of cold in how he treated people
- ESFP guy, more like a friend, in the time that me and my ex broke up first time I had a short meaningless relationship with a guy who i also thought was ESFP
- professor in Spanish class
- an ISTP dude
- and of course my ENTP ex

there were probably more guys who liked me especially in college where i could not hide away >.<
i went to a big school so there were lots of people mingling on campus

right now there are two INTP guys who seem to be circling around, taking nibbles - I am amazed I found INTPs in my environment at all, they are so very rare and also introverted - these two guys are friends of each other

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I'm not sure what guys I'm attracted to, oh wait yeah I do...Matt Damon, Johnny Depp, Leonardo Dicaprio...but of course I don't know these guys personally!

I've only ever had one major crush on a guy and he is my brother's best friend and he typed as an ESTJ when he did the test and this type seems to match him. We just 'click' and have a lot in common music and movie wise. He was married but is now divorced and has had a couple of girlfriends since then. He seems to be in a place where he needs companionship and can't be on his own, yet he's not sure what he wants in a relationship. His current gf he's been with for about a year now and he said they have recently had a huge bust up so he doesn't think he's cut out for relationships. They are still together though.

I think one of my old friends might have been an INFP and he used to be very quiet not revealing much about himself at all and we used to converse across the internet much better than we did in person. I had a little bit of a crush on him but for the most part I was just curious to know more about him!

Guys never show an interest in me...or at least if they do I must be completely oblivious to it!! (unless they are very very drunk and just randomly start trying to dance with me and I'm thinking get the hell away from me!) It was always my friends in school and even my housemates get all the attention. I feel like I'm constantly living people's romantic lives through them because nothing happens in mine.

I'd love to see myself from other people's perspective, I wonder if I create some sort of invisible wall around me haha.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The extraverted women seem to have a soft spot for me, and if they have some chaos in their lives that seems to be an extra bonus :blushed: It might be that they are fascinated by the appearance of someone who never loses control, and they might find it intriguing that I'm very adaptable (happy-go-lazy) but in some situations are as unchangeable as hard rock ("You may break me, but you can never shape me" attitude).

I used to be good at picking up hints (I think), but was afraid that it might be wishful thinking and did very seldom act on it. Did I say "act"? Hmmm, actually my preying technique was the opposite of preying; if you want, come and get me - I'm not gonna run after you...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hmmm. Good question.

Mostly, extroverts. My current boyfriend is an extrovert, and he seems to find our differences intriguing. Oddly enough, I seem to attract a lot of men very similar to my dad (no-one bring up Freud here, PLEASE), in that they are generally very principled, and protective of me. Someone who holds similar values and ideals to me, but perceives me as more sensitive or "delicate" than they are - even though I'm not sure I'd describe myself as such. I think my stature has a lot to do with that. I'm barely 5'0" and slim, so if I tend to attract protective types it's not necessarily anything to do with being INFJ or anything. My quietness tends to solidify their perception of me as delicate though, so I guess I understand. I can surprise with my stubbornness though :crazy:

Conversely, I have attracted an awful lot of the proverbial "mommy's boys" as well, and this is... well, annoying. It's not surprising to me, really. My ex-fiancé would have been this type, and it's the bulk of the reason we broke up. I'm very naturally maternal, caring and partly due to my upbringing (oldest of 3, and my sister has special needs) I put other peoples' needs before my own by default. I nearly married the guy to avoid hurting his feelings, for Christs' sake! *facepalm* What a dumbass - seriously, I feel like kicking myself when I think of it now. So I do seem to send out "surrogate mommy" signals to every guy within a 1 mile radius who's 30 and still can't wash his own socks... *eyeroll* I'm getting better at letting them down gently though. I'm not interested in being anyone's mommy until I am ACTUALLY someone's mommy :crazy: literally... until I punch someone out of my uterus.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just be happy you realized everything you felt about the Ex Fiancee before you Married him.I married one exactly like that and stuck it out for 10 years...... No need to slap yourself for being with him. Instead pat yourself on the back and breathe a sigh of relief that you were wise enough to spot it and save yourself years of unhappiness. You did the right thing. Kudos.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Long story short, I'm an ENFP magnet. Until 1.) they get sick of me, or 2.) I fuck it up.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Geeky/nerdy boys who are shocked a female is even talking to them. :tongue:

I just get on really well with them and sometimes they get more...attached to me than I do to them.

Types?In general: INTJ, INTP, ESTP, ISTP...these are also the types of boys I tend to be-friend the easiest.

There was an ENTP, the mutual attraction started the minuet he made his first joke in my presence, and I laughed at it, and everyone else looked on disaprovingly. I'd never met anyone like him before, and I was facinated, I think he felt the same.

Unfortunatly he was really arogent, and he told several stories about how easy it was for him to pull girls, which put me off. I felt like he had certain a expectation, I was a bit: yeah, I'm not that easy... Deep emotional attachment and protectiveness? check, casual sex with facinating boy I hardly know? Not happening. It makes no sense to most other people, but it's not.

With the ESTP, aparently it was atraction at first sight. I was hunched over my computor in the light from a window, and damn was I fine. My feelings were: It is a male, he is tall, why is he here? I realised he had additional features after he started making jokes, and I learnt he liked to just stair at me in wonder while I told him about all my hopes and dreams. Sometimes there was awkward trying not to stair at my chest, but by then I'd decided I liked him, and he was clearly horribly embaressed by it. I dated him for two years, but he had a lot of personal issues. At first this was also attractive as I like to help people, and fix things, but I mean, he had personal isues. His family were majorly screwed up too.

It is only ever T's that seem to get into me, never F's. Odd.

My personal preference apears to be for nerdy outgoing people, full of jokes, spontinatity and charm. Are they sometimes blut or insensitive, and do they piss off authority in a witty fashion? Even better.

It's just as shame, as some of those INTX guys are really really nice...you know, underniether the cold and calculating exterior. But they just tend to think too much for me, and can be a bit too deep. If I met a funny/charming one, it might work out.

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
The girl who I liked in high school, who is now married but has been a pen pal of mine, is an ENFP.

She's the best friend I've ever had, but I was too shy to say much in interpersonal communication, and now it's too late.

I don't know if I'll ever meet anyone that will come close to her. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever "meet" anyone else at all. :sad:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
The two I've dated have been sensors..... and I apparently have caused guys to go through a mid-life crisis in their early 20s.

I was talking to an INTJ for quite a while once but things never worked out... turned out to just be a real jerk. Was also talking to an ENTP but its not possible to date him right now... even though my Ni tells me that if we could be together things would work out perfectly.
Idk... maybe, hopefully someday...

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
  • ESTP manwhore... HOT manwhore...
  • ESFP slacker / drinker/ partier, 0.5 GPA -_____-
  • ENFP friend's friend
  • ISTJ virginal/squeaky-clean "golden child" and I just want to go up to him and give him a hug sometimes. He's so adawwwwaable!
  • ENTJ would-be F-buddy... swimmer, AP student, just DAAAAYUUUUMMM.
  • INFJ LDR ex, and most of you know him. Also likes swimming, Linux freak, obsessively-compulsively worked out, DAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYUUUUMMMMMMMMM. DAAAAYUUUUMMM. *fans self* :frustrating:
  • ENFP ****** / prom date <3 "I get awkward when grinding on the opposite sex. It's like, oh, you have a sausage in your pants..."
  • INTP LDR BF... and yes, he's an unhealthy iNtuitive. d: Perfectionist, scattered interests, completely turned his life around for me
  • ENTP political freeaaaaaaaakkkkk, class treasurer, NHS dweller, just about the same combination of overachiever and slacker as me

I see no pattern. :mellow:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Oh wait... question is "How many people have liked me, romantically?"

Psh... practically every type under the sun at some point. Too bad 95% of them I don't have a care about on a romantic level.

Reactions: Unicorntopia

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Ummm lets see, I can't list them all because I honestly can't tell who does or doesn't like me? But these are my best guesses based on the people who actually confessed.

ENTJ...
INTJ...
ENTJ...
ENFP...
INTP...

and my latest one is an ESTP (who I think likes me?) and he is... soooo cute. GAAAH. I'm gonna hang out with him this week and I can't wait lol Why is he so hot? I dunno but he is seriously so cute and I have no idea why he likes me because his beauty eclipses the little that I have LOL gawd he's pretty hot.

EDIT: aside from that 'hot' rant LOL He's intelligent and also... very committed strangely? *squeal*

Reactions: angularvelocity
1 - 20 of 68 Posts