Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i looked at a bunch of photos i noticed im in the very edge of my group of friends and they tell me that i stand up too straight or all my poses looked almost the same. Now i want to hear from other ppl how they pose in front of a camera with their group of friends!

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Libtard
22,548 Posts
I usually try to stay out of group photos, but if I have to join I like to be behind someone, just barely visible. It seems really bizarre that I started doing photographic modelling in my teens after PR modelling for a year. There really is not many pics of me in existence.:mellow:

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
I hate those group pictures. They´re always the same,... a bunch of people in a picture. Why do people want to take those pictures so badly?

But when I have no choice, I just smile and look at the camera and stand up straight. I don't have a special pose. I did notice some people make a whole thing out of having a picture face and pose and then they do always look the same and fake. Mostly F's I think.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
I'm the same as Beth, I generally stand behind people in photos yet I still look very dominant in my body language. Mindbomb was looking through my photos and pointed this out to me.

If I am not able to hide behind somebody I always stand with my hips pointed away from the camera to slim them down and tilt my head slightly as it gives a more attractive angle and highlights my best features.

Chest out, bum in kind of deal...

Reactions: Snowguard

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I can honestly say that I've been the one who has "ruined" the group picture more than a few times by frowning and flashing a crude hand gesture. I wouldn't want to be in a group picture, so if I begrudgingly agree to do it, it's not going to be whatever the hell people seem to want out of me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't really do anything fancy. Just stand there and look at the camera. I don't usually smile in pictures unless I'm actually smiling.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I can honestly say that I've been the one who has "ruined" the group picture more than a few times by frowning and flashing a crude hand gesture. I wouldn't want to be in a group picture, so if I begrudgingly agree to do it, it's not going to be whatever the hell people seem to want out of me.
Same as what he said. I usually end up either sneering (like in my profile picture) or flashing a smug grin, eitherway it usually fucks the photo up.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I was forced to look at group photos of myself, extremely rare though they are, to answer this question. Never again lol.

Well, I'm quite tall so I usually am in the back with simply with my head showing. Everyone else is slightly leaning in for the picture, while I stand 85% erect. It's as if I awkwardly posed for a picture, and then a group formulated around me. In one, I have an open palm clasping a clenched fist right in front of my abdomen--what the hell do I do with my hands?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Like others on here, I hide behind others whenever possible. My wedding day was pure hell for the fact that I had to get photographed so many times and I have a issues with my appearance.

I recall once when I was about 7 or 8, at a family gathering, an attempt was made at a group photo. My mother told me to smile, and then proceeded to berate me for making 'silly faces' when my approximation of a smile didn't fall within acceptable parameters. *shrugs*

Let's just skip the photos altogether, okay?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I used to just stand on the side and look unamused and awkward, but since I've taken up modelling for extra money, I've developed a personality in group pictures. I tend to either be in the middle roping people into looking happy or I stand up against something on the side and try to pull off the "stoic" look.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts