Personality Cafe banner

What kind of Skyrim character are you?

[INFJ] 
5K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  UniqueFinallyAmongPeers 
#1 ·
I've been spending a lot of my time playing Skyrim, building up my character and stuff, then I got to wondering. What characters do other INFJs create? I'll use my character as an example.

I am a Nord, who supports the imperials (despite the fact they tried to kill me). I use all 3 fighting styles, but mainly I prefer the bow. I'm not the type to run into a battle. Instead, I sneak through everyplace and sneak attack the enemy from a distance using my bow. If they get too close, I pull out my war axe or mace and 'flames' spell. I wear heavy armor. Weight is not a problem because I use the Steed stone. "The Steed Stone gives a bonus of 100 extra carrying capacity and no movement penalty is received by armor. Armor also has zero weight when equipped." The main skills I train are: Archery, Smithing, One-handed, Enchantment, Alchemy, Sneak, Pickpocket, and Lockpicking. I have joined the Dark Brotherhood.

#2 ·
I always end up playing as a sneaky character. I've tried several times to play as some brute who battles everyone at once but it's nowhere near as fun as sneaking, thievery and assassination.

A bow and a quiver full of poisoned arrows with a set of dual wielded daggers and nightingale armour. Sometimes to do a proper sneak through in a dungeon/fort it might take up to 30-40 minutes depending on size, why not? I get lots more out of my game that way :)

#4 ·
Ahh, very nice. Personally, I have never used daggers, or dual-wielding of any sort.

Sneaky/Mage Thief. Argonian. Never-Knows-Best is his name.
Another sneak player? Perhaps this is a INFJ thing. I don't really see the point in sneaking if you're a mage. You don't get a multiplier (at least not from what I've seen, feel free to prove me wrong).

#3 ·
Sneaky/Mage Thief. Argonian. Never-Knows-Best is his name.

Reactions: ptarmigan
#8 ·
I didn't play for very long... couldn't get into it. I was a Sneak Mage though, Bretons ftw. Name: Divine-Dissimulation.

#9 ·
Haven't played it for a while. Couldn't really get into it again now, maybe some day I'll do again though.

I always play a stealth archer or mage. Occasionally I played some heavy armor warrior but always fell back into going stealth. This offensive fighting is just too much action, I prefer using some kind of distance weapons and not getting involved in close fighting. (when I do I would grab my axe or fire magic after a little panicking lol)
oh, and loved bretons, dark elves, imperials or argonian.

#10 ·
I play a sneaky little Khajiit fellow- dual wielding daggers and a bow, usually. Sometimes I panic if I get to close while detected and resort to dual wielding swords. I played the Thieves Guild (and with it, Nightingale) and Dark Brotherhood storylines.

I've decided my person puts her personal gain above all else- culminating in fairly evil routes of action :/ I think I'll try to do all the daedric quests.

I only got Skyrim really recently, so I haven't tried out any other characters- but I can't see being anything other than a sneaky little bastard. Maybe I'll play a stealth mage eventually? Still- I don't know why, but just stumbling into the middle of battle- even with more power or strength- seems really unappealing. And scary XD
@Somekindalove : every word you said, yes XD

#11 ·
Typically I've played a conjurer TES games, though I clocked the most time on my last character, Nareya Sankar, who was a sneaky archer (that THUNK sound as you one-shot your opponent is unendingly satisfying). Last seen suited in glass and dragonscale with an exquisite nightingale bow.

#19 ·
im a high elf called cija, i love my mace of molag bal, but even though it looks the business its slow and heavy.so lately ive been using a scimitar(non magical) i love skyrim because its so vast,i enjoy doing childish s*** like putting buckets on peoples heads,im going to fill up dragonsreach with a whole lot of random stuff like piles and piles of it plates, food, baskets,more buckets lol anything i can lay my hands on, them ima shout the unrelenting force outta that s***(saw it on utube) cant wait, im also filling up my home in markarth with apples......

#22 ·
played Skyrim shortly after it was released (extreme hype days).

I thoroughly enjoyed using bow and daggers. At first I was the psychopath killing everyone and that didn't go well because I was not allowed in villages I had quests in...every peasant went APE SHIT and they tried to kill me on sight.

I enjoyed the scenery in Skyrim, the atmosphere itself was not much, my character did not speak a word (and that annoyed me) BUT I liked the aurora borealis and the way they were pictured in the game. I liked how the sky looked in that other dimension in the final quest. Killing dragons ---meeeh, cliche stuff, I rather explore ( I kill dragons, I get killed by bear in some cave)

My character looked normal, some nord guy with blonde hair and pitch black eyes. YES. I like pitch black eyes.

I also used to collect every friggin thing (thinking I would need it later) and then get emotionally attached to stuff I never needed. Oh that helped in dungeons...100 potatoes or cheese (not quite sure what I had) bring you enough HP to kill the over-powered boss (as he scaled too much because I practised some not-so-useful-in-battle perk)

Had my part of fun with Skyrim. Would have been cool to be able to mold his personality and identify with the character some more. Maybe it's just me getting bored with games nowadays, but I think they started to lack substance.

#23 ·
I play mostly Dunmer. I fell in love with them in Morrowind and have played them ever since. I like to pretend my character's the Nerevarine. >.>

I dabble in all the skills, but I keep finding myself coming back to a combination of sneaking and archery. I rarely use magic besides restoration as I can't be bothered to remember buffs and destruction always seems so underwhelming, but I still join the Mage's Guild every time. Melee combat is confusing and I get chopped up into bits too easily, otherwise I'd probably do it more often. I usually use light armor, since I carry around so much random junk--I always have a book collection and at least one of every ingredient in the game (I like alchemy, too).

#24 ·
Skyrim brings back memories. I miss playing it, but right now, I'm just using a low-end laptop mainly for office purposes.

I got several characters to play with when rimming the skies. I have this tiny female mercenary with a big heavy axe/great sword that can smite almost any enemy with the cutest swing ever. I use that one mostly for role-playing purposes and entertainment. Another one of my characters is a sneaky one with a deadly bow that can one-hit large enemies. And lastly, there's this stereotypical knight with sword-and-shield proficiency, all-around crafting skills and decent magic. I use this one for adventuring all over the map, doing quests for everyone and raiding bandit encampments. They're all highly-modded Nords.

#25 ·
I dunno if it's related to being an ENTP, but I have just about one of everything you can have ("class" based, not race based, although race does play a part of my selection process).

My most played hero is a Khajiit named "El Gato." With the exception of dragons and massive scale faction fights between the Imperial Legion and the Stormcloaks (which I haven't even bothered with yet and I'm quite a high level) where sneaking really isn't an option, I've managed to kill every single enemy I've come across (including Giants and Mammoths) in forts, keeps, bastions, etc, without detection using daggers. 31x stealthed damage bonus FTW. Mammoths in one shot, anyone? :D I can basically sneak around right in front of people's faces.

I've got a mage who uses nothing but runes, one that uses nothing but destruction spells, one that uses nothing but necromancy, a vampire who only uses vampire skills (harder to play than you'd think), I've also got a werewolf (totally OP), a battle mage who binds conjure weapons to use in battle, I've got an alchemist who poisons people by slipping poisons into people's pockets and coats daggers to stab people...

I've got a guy who does nothing but pickpocket and maximizes speechcraft skills to buy up all the properties in Skyrim (this guy is actually strangely fun to play), I've got a guys who only use one type of weapon (bows, one-handed sword, axe, and mace, and two-handed varieties as well, one one who only uses his fists)...

As far as playstyles go, Sneaking and Stealth are how I've played my most leveled hero, but I think my two-handed great sword wielding nord who sided with the Stormcloaks and hews down everything in his path is also fun to play. I spend a surprisingly large amount of time with my tycoon hero with all the speechcraft perks. I don't know why, but running nearly all the local commodities trading in the area and purchasing properties and collecting rare goods to decorate the homes with is intrinsically fun.

I do have to say though, Skyrim has atrocious depth. Compared to Morrowind, this might as well be as The Elder Scrolls for Dummies.

#26 ·
I have many characters but I gravitate towards sneaky archer, Breton, and conjuration. I love doing role plays and think it's one of, if not the best way to play the game.

#27 ·
Now, I don't own or have played Skyrim. I don't need another Fallout New Vegas time-devourer (300+ hours) when I already am close to 500 hours of DotA 2. Especially since I know as soon as the new Fallout thing that are in the works gets released, I'm getting it.
But that doesn't mean I don't like tinkering with characters for the game anyway, I do. It's like making characters for DnD, Star Wars rpg or stuff like that, it's a good mixture of imagination and system mastery (both which I enjoy immensely).

So with that said, I have a few ones.
First among them is a Dunmner Arcane Trickster-esque character with the thief skills, 75 in Illusion for Invisibility, a tad of Alteration some Restoration.
Then there's the Dunmer High Mage with lots of Destruction.
Also the Breton master summoner.
Generally, I like the casters, followed by the thieves. I don't like the warrior things really.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.