Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NFs (Or ENFPs and INFPs at least), seem to fall into a common stereotype of enjoying tea.

I started drinking it because I was volunteering at a childcare center for a while, I was surrounded by adults, and they offered me a drink every time I went there... I wanted to feel more grown up.

I just drink the regular stuff, whatever its called. I don't like the fancy fruity flavours and I haven't tried green tea.

I was wondering more if the stereotype was about tea was interesting flavours, or the plain stuff I prefer. I don't like the flavoured ones, because my mum used to buy them, and I felt like I needed to add half a cup of sugar just to make them drinkable! It seemed like just drinking hot juice.

·
Registered
799 Posts
The regular one is called black tea, or red tea in China. I enjoy different infusions and flavoured teas. Russian Earl Grey has citrus and bergamot; I really like that one. Now I've been drinking a lot of green tea, various kinds gunpowder green tea, and flavoured greens like with mint; great for flu treatment. I don't use sugar or honey, splosh of milk will do.

I think I started to drink tea when in the garden with my great-grandparents. We used to sit in this bench swing and drink tea in the summer. Great memories from childhood. I guess the habit caught me at pretty young age then. The tea moment for me is always a very special one, even nowadays. It gives me the momentary escape from life and my thoughts. Sometimes it tastes so good that it's almost orgasmic. Not even kidding. I just love tea; addicted I am even. Sometimes I joke that tea is my religion. Once went to a coffee factory as a consultant, and I felt they sensed the 'alien' presence of a tea drinker within me! lol I think that's why they called an exorcist for me. Serious stuff.

At early wake up mornings, after I get my tea fix, my urge to strangle people will magically subside.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
NFs (Or ENFPs and INFPs at least), seem to fall into a common stereotype of enjoying tea.

I started drinking it because I was volunteering at a childcare center for a while, I was surrounded by adults, and they offered me a drink every time I went there... I wanted to feel more grown up.

I just drink the regular stuff, whatever its called. I don't like the fancy fruity flavours and I haven't tried green tea.

I was wondering more if the stereotype was about tea was interesting flavours, or the plain stuff I prefer. I don't like the flavoured ones, because my mum used to buy them, and I felt like I needed to add half a cup of sugar just to make them drinkable! It seemed like just drinking hot juice.
haven't tried green tea? you're missing out! :laughing:
some of my favorites
- Gyokuro (green tea)
- High Mountain Oolong tea
- Oriental Beauty (oolong tea)
- Bai Mu Dan/White Peony (white tea)

·
Registered
917 Posts
organic black tea (soya milk, no sugar), rooibos (soya milk, no sugar), and some fruit teas not tried green or white tea yet, type i want kinda depends on my mood, i'm always in the mood for a good coffee though (unless i've already had several that day)

Reactions: chickydoda

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I prefer coffee more than tea, especially the black coffee.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I usually stick with green tea. I haven't tried any of the fruity flavors yet, but I would like to :x

·
Registered
ENFP
4,206 Posts
I usually don't add sugar to my tea. I love Jasmine, green tea, rose tea (baby rose buds- helps with urinary tract infections I hear :p)

I've recently been into yerba blend (supposedly is strong as coffee and has additive effects of chocolate). Tastes delish! I'm totally salivating just thinkin about it. heheh

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ahaha ... I'm saddened that, according to the OP, INFJs are not "known" for drinking tea the same way ENFPs and INFPs are. ;c Oh, well. It' just a generalization, after all. Right? ;D

I love tea more than any other beverage. ... And I actually can't remember the last time I had a straight cup of water. |D That's how obsessed with tea I am. :3 In fact I think I'll pour my self another cup after I submit this post! x3

Unfortunately I don't have a traditional tea set / haven't tried loose-leaf tea yet because I can't afford it. So I just use teabags and I prefer fruity flavored white tea and green tea. c:

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ahaha ... I'm saddened that, according to the OP, INFJs are not "known" for drinking tea the same way ENFPs and INFPs are.
Don't be sad! I'm not that familiar with INFJs so you might like tea just as much! This thread was just based on my perception.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Don't be sad! I'm not that familiar with INFJs so you might like tea just as much! This thread was just based on my perception.
Oh! I see, haha. Well, in that case, I have to admit it's easier for me to imagine an FP sipping tea than it is to imagine an FJ doing the same thing. I'm more inclined to imagine FJs -drinking- coffee. (Not sipping like the FP does with tea. XD)

Speaking of coffee, it's my second favorite beverage after tea.~

I read that you like milk with your tea; When I drink hot black tea I sometimes add milk, as well. c:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Tea? Bleah ! I'd rather have water... and a cookie.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I like loose leaf tea because it's fresher. Berry flavors are my favorites.
Nothing with caffeine. Caffeine and I aren't friends.

Lately I've been drinking un-tea. Just hot water. :)

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
green lemon tea. im always too thirsty and can always use a bit of energy. it's just the perfect tea for me :D.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Black tea, white with one is the only tea I drink. I find it so relaxing, which I need. I find a lot of comfort in it. I don't like any other kind of tea.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts