Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine things? Remember things? Make projects on their heads? Think how bored its being alone?, all people have those thoughs trought his/her life but, wich is the dominant on the ISTP people?.

Sorry about my english.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Imagine things? Remember things? Make projects on their heads? Think how bored its being alone?, all people have those thoughs trought his/her life but, wich is the dominant on the ISTP people?.

Sorry about my english.
We think about everything, introverted thinking is our dominant function. Memories, future plans, it's all in our minds.

Think how bored its being alone?
No ISTP has ever thought that. :tongue:

·
Banned
2,283 Posts
This thread has the potiential to be really interesting, or really fucked up.

I think about way too much to post it all on here, but currently I'm thinking of placing needles pointing upwards through the seat of my supervisors chair.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I can put headphones on and be ok on a 13 hr. bus ride.
I could do without the headphones and still be ok on the same bus ride.
I don't need to be mentally stimulated by company. I do it well on my own. (There is a great joke somewhere in there)
I imagine, create, speculate, re-live memories, theorize, etc...
Right now I am thinking about what I would do if a revolution erupted in Denver, CO, and what my part would be in it. I am bouncing back and forth between being a freelance sniper or helping people get out of the city. Yep, my job is quiet enough to give me time to think. Which is nice.

I am never bored when I am alone.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I can put headphones on and be ok on a 13 hr. bus ride.
I could do without the headphones and still be ok on the same bus ride.
I don't need to be mentally stimulated by company. I do it well on my own. (There is a great joke somewhere in there)
I imagine, create, speculate, re-live memories, theorize, etc...
Right now I am thinking about what I would do if a revolution erupted in Denver, CO, and what my part would be in it. I am bouncing back and forth between being a freelance sniper or helping people get out of the city. Yep, my job is quiet enough to give me time to think. Which is nice.

I am never bored when I am alone.
second this. :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
Right now I'm thinking about how much my head hurts and that it will probably still be there tomorrow if I keep drinking. Most times it's something like, "I should exercise," or "I should eat." There's also the off chance I actually think about my life and my dissatisfaction with it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm not only ISTP but also moderately autistic...so I'm mainly thinking what a state of utter bliss solitude is 99% of the time. Probably planning to build something and drawing up the plans in my head (Mozart must've been an ISTP or at least had tendencies since he was said to have composed entire symphonies in his head by the time he sat down at his piano to transcribe them.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ah, peace and quiet away from people at last!

... Then I start thinking about the many weird stuff like what if we are all actually a program or something or the many ways someone can just die on the spot, etc. Sometimes, I think of nothing at all (usually on long car rides)

·
Registered
595 Posts
I can't really remember my historical thoughts... when I'm travelling - which is often - I stare out the window and before I know it, I'm at my destination, but I can't recall what it is that I was thinking or usually think about.

Right now, I'm thinking about the pointlessness of life. Actually, come to think of it, that's a recurring theme, but Idk if it's the most dominant. Hmm.

·
Banned
2,283 Posts
I can't really remember my historical thoughts... when I'm travelling - which is often - I stare out the window and before I know it, I'm at my destination, but I can't recall what it is that I was thinking or usually think about.

Right now, I'm thinking about the pointlessness of life. Actually, come to think of it, that's a recurring theme, but Idk if it's the most dominant. Hmm.
Ditto with the traveling. My main problem thinking of life is, no matter what we do while we are alive, in the end it does not matter. Why live by someone elses rules? My only counter argument to that is, we are continuing our species existence.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I tend to think about 50 things at the same time when i'm alone...like what i'm having for dinner, where my life is headed, what classes i can take to further my career, what movies are on tv, how much water i had during the day, when i'm going to buy my new tv, how much money is in my bank account, etc.

I can best describe it as having a million tabs open in your browser while surfing the web. Have you ever seen an ISTP look for information then open a trail of tabs (ie- different thought processes) on similar (and not so similar) topics then switch back and forth between all of them at seemingly random times? Yeah, that's my mind when i'm alone.

·
Banned
2,283 Posts
I tend to think about 50 things at the same time when i'm alone...like what i'm having for dinner, where my life is headed, what classes i can take to further my career, what movies are on tv, how much water i had during the day, when i'm going to buy my new tv, how much money is in my bank account, etc.

I can best describe it as having a million tabs open in your browser while surfing the web. Have you ever seen an ISTP look for information then open a trail of tabs (ie- different thought processes) on similar (and not so similar) topics then switch back and forth between all of them at seemingly random times? Yeah, that's my mind when i'm alone.
Yeah, same here. Perfect way to describe it.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
It depends on where I am.

The shower is time unintentionally set aside for solving problems. I come up with every strategic plan I need to make it through the night/next day/week/month/year. The car is time spent thinking about unrealistic things (well the me in me says they are a possibility one day). I sometimes think about how I would commit crimes during school or boring events I have to attend. If I am in a group of people (yes, it's possible to be alone in your thoughts then) I think of ironic things they are saying, funny things that I can spin off of the topic, or what I would say if I were to get into an argument with them in the next few moments.

Thanks to my recent CSI: Las Vegas marathon, people who do not appreciate intelligence and gore would not want to be in my head.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Working on circuitry and coding in my head. I decided to undertake a relatively massive project with the goal of being completed in well under a year. Lots of designing, building, and soldering to do.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts