Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious as to what kinds of people ENFJ's are naturally drawn to.

Pretend as if you were at a party in which you did not know anyone except the host. You have to choose which kinds of people to interact with and get to know first. What would your ideal person look like, be having conversations with others about, etc?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't think I'm initially naturally drawn to a particular type of person. When I walk into a party in which I don't know anyone, I start talking to whoever is closest to me. I quickly befriend extroverts (especially at parties) 'cause they approach me before introverts. I guess you could say I have a first come first serve philosophy with friendships... ;) The exception is when I see someone by themselves or I think someone feels left out. In that case, I'll probably approach that person and engage in some quality one-on-one time. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am also usually drawn to extroverted people, but if I was at a party I am usually more interested in the people who are drawn to me, I find them fascinating, but then again I love being the center of attention :tongue:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Honestly, I will talk to anyone. I will talk to anyone including the wait staff, cocktail servers, dishwashers, anybody. I like talking to the person with nobody around so I don't have compete in conversation! What usually happens is I engage the person and other people come and join in on the fun!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I talk to everyone when I go out and meet new people...Looking at my friends though, I'm mostly attracted to extroverts and INFP/INFJ/ENFP...for some reason, I click super well with the NFs....although I do have close friends who are INTP and ISTP...total opposites of me...:laughing:

Bottom line, I like everyone. :crazy:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Pretty much anyone but my best friends over the past years have mostly been INFJ's. I dig sensitivity and feeling protected. We get each other.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,078 Posts
I am curious as to what kinds of people ENFJ's are naturally drawn to.

Pretend as if you were at a party in which you did not know anyone except the host. You have to choose which kinds of people to interact with and get to know first. What would your ideal person look like, be having conversations with others about, etc?
Well, I'm drawn to all sorts of different people. There are of course different places where I am drawn to different types. For example; if I am at a party and feel really hyped about having fun, I will seek out other extroverted types, usually the loudest ones lol, and we will both be highly entertaining and bounce off each other with jokes, and banter etc. In that frame of mind I am a bit of an attention seeker. ESFPs are fantastic for this purpose. Although this isn't always me.

But, for one on one conversations, it is easier to say who I wouldn't be drawn to.
Those would be people who are mean, obnoxious, more into themselves than anyone else, are so focused on always being right that they will tread on other people's feelings to make a point, will argue the back end off a bus. These people are the types I take pleasure in bringing down a peg or two. I will be inclined to get quite sarcastic with them and try to get them off their high horse. I will also look for a way to retreat if I am stuck listening to someone who drones on and on about themselves and aren't interesting at all. I don't mind listening to someone if there is at least a couple of things that I find interesting, but if they are as boring as boring gets, then I am afraid I don't have the patience to talk to them for long.

So generally, I look for people who have a good sense of humour, who look approachable (no scowls), and seem good hearted. I'm afraid I have to be able to laugh during a conversation or I tend to get bored. IT sounds bad, I'm not a bad person honest. I just get side tracked sometimes if nothing holds my attention.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I tend to be drawn to the moody, super intellectual, shy types. If I could see myself with anyone long term I think It would be someone who would participate with me in social scenes, let me run the home, and be there to step in when I need support or settled down. Someone deeply sensual, and experimental would be excellent. I am not sure who this fits, but I tend to draw in a lot of introverts, and mechanically minded individuals. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any and everyone!!! I don't go to a lot of parties, but I walked in the first day of a class and everyone was silent, I just had to make a comment to make everyone laugh. It was too serious in there!:tongue:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't think I'm initially naturally drawn to a particular type of person. When I walk into a party in which I don't know anyone, I start talking to whoever is closest to me. I quickly befriend extroverts (especially at parties) 'cause they approach me before introverts. I guess you could say I have a first come first serve philosophy with friendships... ;) The exception is when I see someone by themselves or I think someone feels left out. In that case, I'll probably approach that person and engage in some quality one-on-one time. :)
Ooh I agree with this! :laughing: I will talk to anyone, whomever! I just like people. BUT, if someone is being made fun of or something, I naturally take up for them and go talk to them. I guess if I had to pick my ideal :wink: person to talk to, they'd me a lot like me. I'm kind of Nancy Drew-esque. Polite, cordial, dressed neatly, intelligent, but definitely not stuck up or arrogant! I suppose I prefer the introvert.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts