Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What traits, values, looks, etc. do you look for in a potential romantic partner?

And furthermore (although not as important, but I'm curious), if/when you do go out into the dating scene, do you like to keep a checklist (or at least a mental checklist) of characteristics you want in a partner?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Intelligence and ambition, and it doesn't hurt if she's easy on the eyes. I don't really do "the dating scene" or anything like that. I meet people pretty much anywhere I go, and that's enough opportunity right there. The worst place to meet people, in my opinion, is at bars or clubs. It's nice to have fun and party, but usually I'm not looking to take someone home with me.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Intelligence, depth, and not skinnier than me.

I don't really 'go' to the dating scene either. I found that just by being available and open to possibilities (in the sense that not shooting down all incoming envoys/ interests) there's plenty of opportunities to get to know people.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I also like ambition, strength of character, intelligence, similar viewpoints on things than me, etc. Appearance matters to me, but I don't like superficial good looks - I'd take the more modest girl who is naturally pretty over a trophy wife looking kind of girl. I'm looking for a life partner in crime more than a fairy tale romance - you know... one that wants to take life by the horns and build an empire together (family wealth, raise a family, live the good life, etc).

I've dated "weak" character girls before and I end up walking all over them kinda. I'm a nice guy, but I am an accidental asshole if that makes sense. Dating a girl like that, while I can see why some people like it, feels like I'm working an easy job. I'm not learning from it - its not making me a better person. Its getting me immediate gratification, but its not good for my long term career if you are following my analogy.

One day this girl comes along, stands up to me, is just as stubborn as me, has these big dreams (that line up with mine), and basically chooses me. Well, I'm married to that woman now haha. If I were to get in a fight somewhere and someone knocked me out, she would be right there to punch them back. That is the kind of woman I married and I couldn't be happier. She is like my similar thinking, more introverted sidekick.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Dating a girl like that, while I can see why some people like it, feels like I'm working an easy job. I'm not learning from it - its not making me a better person. Its getting me immediate gratification, but its not good for my long term career if you are following my analogy.
I can relate. From the recent.. situation I've gotten into, I realized that I prefer/ more attracted to someone that makes me work for it. Not exactly challenging as in hard to get, but makes me feel like I have to up my game if it's going to go anywhere. Be a better, more worthy person myself.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Intelligence, intuition, independence, ambition.

In addition, I prefer someone whom I can learn from (in some respect) and also teach/cultivate. The potential for mutual growth is very important to me.

Like the others, I also don't try to meet people in clubs or bars. That whole concept is total fail..

·
Registered
771 Posts
The voices tell me tis all about wanton desires and therefore any traits or logic are all based on that

Tooters of to bitch slap kirk with a back hander

Spock really got him he flew across the room

wicked guwffaws

·
Registered
675 Posts
I guess what I'm trying to say is-- all women look like Ms. Crypt on the inside, so choose the ones who look young and pretty on the outside.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Trust, loyalty, common values/morals, communication, support and love. What is even more important to me is she must be able to love the bad things about me and accept our differences. A relationship without that quality will not last. As simple as that

But the truth is its hard to Find a True woman...97% are bad 3% Good . Maybe I am always unlucky many girls i dated were into casual relationships.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Looks. And honesty.

A genuine, but unattractive girl, well, they can be great friends. I guess I'm a little shallow. Buuut...a beautiful, fake, girl is not even worth a friendship with.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
I guess what I'm trying to say is-- all women look like Ms. Crypt on the inside, so choose the ones who look young and pretty on the outside.
Hmm. Try men? They can be pretty on the outside.

Anyway, dating is one of the few things I enter without confirmation, quick decisions, planning, check-lists. It's spontaneous and fun, which is the way I think dating should be.

I'm a healthy person so I get along fine with most people and I don't need check-lists because I've been hurt by the lack of desired traits in previous relationships. I've been in great relationships with an ISFP and an ESFP for example. Plus, I don't think I'm good enough to put myself above someone I'm considering dating, the more important question is "would she date me? Am I good enough for her?", not "does she meet my meticulous criteria that I don't even fit?" :tongue:.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.