Personality Cafe banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
I don't think there's a checklist or anything. And define better?

But if I had to give any advice it would be this;

- Try to agree to at least one social activity per week - not just meeting up with people, but meeting up to do something. a concert, a new restaurant or some other activity.

- travel, alone, to recharge. It'll bring out the best in you if you are anything like me. Its the perfect mixture of alone time to recharge paired with being away from your creature comforts and regular routine - it gives you impetus to do things but you get to do those things on your own terms. Hard to explain but suffice it to say that I try to travel alone for at least one week per year.
The alone travel is catalizying at long term.

I can't enought of it, also serves me:

Getting out of your comfort zone

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Mathematically speaking, it makes sense to take risks when the expected benefit minus drawback is at least positive. For example, investing into the S&P 500 has an expected annual returns of 8-10%, although it can be negative if you only look at the bad years. But in general, it's a good risk especially if you're young, since risk diminishes over time. Just like flipping a coin once is not predictable, but flipping it many times will give an approximately 50% heads and 50% tails with relatively high level of confidence.

This is just an example, but it can be generalized to.. assess the pros and cons, if pros minus cons is positive, then try it many times especially when you're young.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Mathematically speaking, it makes sense to take risks when the expected benefit minus drawback is at least positive. For example, investing into the S&P 500 has an expected annual returns of 8-10%, although it can be negative if you only look at the bad years. But in general, it's a good risk especially if you're young, since risk diminishes over time. Just like flipping a coin once is not predictable, but flipping it many times will give an approximately 50% heads and 50% tails with relatively high level of confidence.

This is just an example, but it can be generalized to.. assess the pros and cons, if pros minus cons is positive, then try it many times especially when you're young.
thanks mate!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't think there's a checklist or anything. And define better?

But if I had to give any advice it would be this;

- Try to agree to at least one social activity per week - not just meeting up with people, but meeting up to do something. a concert, a new restaurant or some other activity.

- travel, alone, to recharge. It'll bring out the best in you if you are anything like me. Its the perfect mixture of alone time to recharge paired with being away from your creature comforts and regular routine - it gives you impetus to do things but you get to do those things on your own terms. Hard to explain but suffice it to say that I try to travel alone for at least one week per year.
Definitely agree to this. I've been trying to be more socially active, and despite it not having too big of an impact on me, it's still worth the effort. Haven't had a day outside to myself yet, although I am planning one soon and I have a feeling it'd really help me recharge.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Definitely agree to this. I've been trying to be more socially active, and despite it not having too big of an impact on me, it's still worth the effort. Haven't had a day outside to myself yet, although I am planning one soon and I have a feeling it'd really help me recharge.
I've noticed the same thing, too. well i'm give it a try..

·
Registered
149 Posts
And I'd rather storm the beaches of Normandy in a wheelchair than spend $600 on something I could do myself for $31 bucks.
This thread has opened my mind to the benefits of voluntary limb amputation.

Oh, also another suggestion on "INTP risks to take":

Just ask her out.

Because I suspect a whole bunch of INTP dweebs looking for guidance in this thread will have this situation in the background.
If you do this wrong a driveshaft coming loose at speed can take out all sorts of additional goodies down there including your feet.

I'd rather shit in my hands and clap.
THAT'S a good example.
By the way, it took 3 days, but driveshaft is fixed.
$600 saved. 20180929_161245.jpg

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
I'd say go skydiving, especially the tandem where the instructor is with you. It's a lesson in giving up on totally controlling the situation and just enjoying the ride.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts