Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I'm having an abstract flareup. I do not want to use gut instinct to control it, but instead logic.

This logical ability is natural for INTPs. How do you control your abstract and intuitive side and prevent it from unhinging?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Uh we don't. We're pretty unhinged. Have you never seen us before?

I sometimes look back at certain episodes of my thought life and I'm just like man. That has nothing to do with the real world. I can't believe how much time I've wasted.

Okay but seriously I think you have to journal. You have to write down your abstract thoughts and get em recorded as they come to you, take a break, then come back to them a bit later and you'll get a good idea whether your imagination is getting you anywhere meaningful or not.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A'ight, thanks. I should be asking the INTJs then.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yeah they are alright they are just like a less smart version of us. I'd stay here to be honest.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah they are alright they are just like a less smart version of us. I'd stay here to be honest.
While unhinged may equate to experience, it also means a harder time communicating an idea in a succinct manner.

That said.

*NOOGIE*

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope looking back that's just how I wanted it to sound.
Is that a touch of arrogance in your voice?

^______________________^

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Right now I'm having an abstract flareup. I do not want to use gut instinct to control it, but instead logic.

This logical ability is natural for INTPs. How do you control your abstract and intuitive side and prevent it from unhinging?
That's vague. Noticing that it's coming unhinged is the first step. Observe and analyze. Adopt a metaphysical framework of scientific materialism. Contemplate archetypes. Notice absurdity and laugh at it.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
The mind is like a river, its made of water.

Well the brain is like 80% water, so its true, the brain is like water. Following that (perfect/flawed) logic, we can assume that if the brain is like water, and water is uncontrollable, the brain is uncontrollable.

This reminds me of another, unrelated logic bomb...
If all penguins are black and white, and some TVs are black and white, then some penguins are black and white TVs. :crazy:

·
Banned
349 Posts
Bring it. I knew an INTJ in real life who was a good friend. I made a point of demonstrating the superiority of P.
The superiority of P means nothing about what you're trying to say. At most, you should speak about a supposed superiority of TiNe over NiTe, which I disagree in every direction. It depends on the task, TiNe would be more useful or NiTe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts