Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I’m new to Personality type.There is a intj guy in uni(first person I know who is INTJ). First time we met, he seems interested to talk to me and ask lots of questions and friendly. When I started communicate friendly to become close friends, he started to act like aloof. I thought I made something which made him mad and tried to get him open up a little bit like showing him attention and being friendly to him. Then I started to neglect him and just being normal friend(like I talk to him, when he talk to me. If he stay quiet, I don’t talk to him and doing other things or talking with other friends)because I know now that his being quiet and aloof is just being himself. Then he started to act like friendly,text a lot out of nowhere,ask questions again and stare a lot while I’m not looking. And look away when I caught him. Also make intense stare in the eye sometimes. But I don’t think he is interested me in romantic way(because he is acting like aloof )and just being a normal man who stares at opposite sex. Lol. I think he may has girlfriend.He may be gay. I don’t know. I neglected his behaviour and just being friend. Now I don’t know what his intentions are as I got mix signals.

My questions are
what make intj come back again and again and try to get attention when entp friend doesn’t pay attention?(Then always act like aloof when ask questions and pay attention.)
Do intj wants to get attention from entp women just for his ego even when he has girlfriend(I don’t know he has or not)or he interested in another women?
What makes intj like being friend with entp women?
Is he possible gay? Is he intj or not?
His intentions are just being friends or interested in romance?

Thanks guys! :) Your answers will help me to communicate easier with INTJ in the future.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If it was me, I would be having an argument in my head about the person, like do I like this person? Is it this? why is she different when doing that? etc etc etc

And usually after years or months then I decide, oh ok, I like her. Then by that time it is too late.

Also, when someone hugs me I freak out. But I'm so surprised that someone would do it, I like it more, like that dog that leans against your leg so that you can pet him some more... Yes.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
My mom is an ENTP, and has had a huge hand in my development as a person, so this is an issue I can really speak to. I really enjoy the intellectual exercise that talking to an ENTP represents. They are glad to argue any number of topics and are much better at it than I am. When it comes to finding intellectual stimulation in conversation, there is no match for what the ENTP has to offer.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Well it all depends, there is a very good chance he likes you and he want's to be sure you do as well, because naturaly ENTPs don't take too many things seriously ,including relationships(Unless maybe when they make a serious attentive decision). Generally INTJs will notice that and act accordingly until it's safe to make the game changing move. If you act more friendly he might be overwhelmed by the need to show you or reciprocate the exact intensity of your actions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts