Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My older brother is an INTP and I can't recall ever seeing him cry in my entire life. I'm asking purely for research purposes.

What makes you cry?

When was the last time you cried, and what for?

·
Not a Robot
2,152 Posts
This is incredibly dorky, but a few years ago I went to the Kennedy Space Center. When we went into the building where they reenacted the first successful man-to-the-moon launch, I cried when it was finished. They were triumphant tears.

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Migraines.

They're horrible.
^^^ add to that, cluster headaches.
When I was a kid. The world worked wrong.
The most consistent things to make me cry are songs and movies, particularly movies with good songs. I'm watching howls moving castle right now and it's making me a little teary eyed. I'm feeling strangely emotional today :p
This is incredibly dorky, but a few years ago I went to the Kennedy Space Center. When we went into the building where they reenacted the first successful man-to-the-moon launch, I cried when it was finished. They were triumphant tears.
Awwh. C'mere, I know how much you INTPs like hugs. :kitteh:

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hugs make me cry.
I literally just cringed. *insert panic attack* "Is anybody watching? What if I do it wrong? What if I hold on too long and it's awkward? What if hesitate and draw attention to myself? That would be even more awkward. Abort abort!"
Are hugs truly that dreadful to INFPs? Haha. It's hard for me to imagine because it seems like such a basic human connection, hugs are one of my favourite things in life.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Are hugs truly that dreadful to INFPs? Haha. It's hard for me to imagine because it seems like such a basic human connection, hugs are one of my favourite things in life.
It takes a lot of effort to ignore my thinking and just "let it happen". Granted, over time and with practice, I would say that the majority of my hugs now are generally satisfactory, but sometimes my brain just screams out "abort abort!!!"

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also should mention that I will always do my best to make sure no one sees me crying or have the slightest clue that maybe I was crying.
Maybe your brother does something similar ?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts