Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this is so irrelevant lol but I really want to get other people's opinions.
In some sources, Julia Roberts is classified as an INFP. I searched through threads for some analysis but people made the statement without backing it up.
She's been my favorite actress since I was 9 (lol) yet I can't tell why she's an INFP. Is she really?
I've also seen ISTP and ENFJ.

Help? :kitteh:

A quote about her by co star James Franco:
"She is very, very outgoing, but I think she'll also admit pretty freely that she doesn't love to do love scenes and actually was charmingly shy when we had to do them."

other things I've read:
-she knits on set during movies.
-she sleeps through lunch breaks in order to feel okay for the rest of the day
don't know if this makes her definitely introverted or not.

Here are some interviews:

·
Banned
554 Posts
the real question is why do people state that an actor or actress or some other important figure in society *is* (insert personality type) if subject did not comply towards actually being involved in taking a test? how does that work? is this deduced from observation? but that doesn't make sense. after all she *is* an actor, who's to say she doesn't inject her *acting* in interviews or when interacting with others? i think i may have stumbled upon threads dedicated to asserting mbti types to celebrities.

how do you know those activities are related to an mbti type?
i used to crochet and knit, i'm not an infp.
i take plenty of naps throughout the day, even at work, in class too!

i don't know what julia is. i know she is caucasian, has a brother, red/auburn hair, other then that i don't know her. i am certain there is more to her than a theory that i know for sure!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
the real question is why do people state that an actor or actress or some other important figure in society *is* (insert personality type) if subject did not comply towards actually being involved in taking a test? how does that work? is this deduced from observation? but that doesn't make sense. after all she *is* an actor, who's to say she doesn't inject her *acting* in interviews or when interacting with others? i think i may have stumbled upon threads dedicated to asserting mbti types to celebrities.

how do you know those activities are related to an mbti type?
i used to crochet and knit, i'm not an infp.
i take plenty of naps throughout the day, even at work, in class too!

i don't know what julia is. i know she is caucasian, has a brother, red/auburn hair, other then that i don't know her. i am certain there is more to her than a theory that i know for sure!
lol I agree. I am looking everywhere for analysis or something to back up certain statements that a celebrity is in fact a particular personality type and I often come up empty. I think Julia Roberts is a good actor...she appears completely different in that 1993 interview than she does in the 1995 one.

Some people rely on interviews and such to type. Lighten up, it's fun.

And I mentioned the knitting part to determine whether or not julia is introverted (not proof of being an infp) be/c i don't even know if she is introverted or extroverted. I copied those statements from sites that said she was introverted.
ingrid bergman was said to be very introverted and she knit on set as well.

Haha I wish she was INFP too but I dont get that vibe of her.
lol I've never got that vibe from her either.

·
Banned
2,025 Posts
I don't get the INFP vibe, either. However, she reminds me somewhat of a relative I suspect is ENFP. The mix of playfulness and intellectualism, plus a history of doing her own thing (but not doing artsy films the way an INFP would) and not much warmth when not joking around. Also, for a long time, Julia Roberts was flighty in relationships the way ENFPs stereotypically are.

Reactions: benoticed

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
She's from the same county in Georgia is I am! Woot woot represent! I actually think she's an ENFX.
She's no ENFJ or I'd be drooling all over her. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
From all that I can *see*, my humble opinion is she's an E.

On another note - she's done something to her upper lip to make it bigger. It looks strange to me.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
The only thing that makes me think she is an infp is that she seems to distance herself from the spotlight. You rarely see her getting into a scandal like other crazy celebrities.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I don't get an infp vibe from her either. Nor do I get one from other supposed infps like Adam Sandler and Tom Green.

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
adam sandler is thought to be INFJ
I think he is probably and INFJ or ISFJ. Really can't stand the guy. Never liked him. People pretend they never liked him, but I actually never did. Even as a kid. Even Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore, his supposed good movies. Hated them.

I also just don't like the guy. But one thing I respect is that he looks after his friends. He always get shit for having old nobodies, from his past days at SNL, in his movies, like Rob Schneider, but he doesn't care. He is huge, and is giving his D list has been buddies opportunities in all his movies.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I think part of it is because when people have a favorite celebrity they admire or feel connected to, they tend to type the same MBTI as theirs. I noticed this a lot in this section of the forum.

·
Banned
148 Posts
I agree with @zeBunnyQueen

I can't see anything about her that would lead someone to assume she's an INFP. Same goes for other celebs that are typed as INFP's. I read somewhere on a thread that Jennifer Lawrence was one. Like, c'mon, she's a lovely girl but there is no way on earth, as extroverted as an INFP may be, that they'd be like her. No way.

I make guesses here and there in regards to celebs but I think it's dangerous to define people as types, they're more than that. Even if they are indeed INFP, they may have values in contrast to yours. Having the same personality type doesn't mean you have a lot in common, it just means the way you process the world is similar.

Got a little carried away..

·
Registered
938 Posts
@rejectedreality he is pretty private and a deep thinker. watch Punch Drunk Love and you'll see more of the real him
I've seen it. I don't think that's the real him. I think Spanglish and Funny People are more like the real him. To me he shows Fi for sure, but adding into it his style of comedy, I get more of a sense of Se. I suppose we can agree to disagree? :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts