Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ISFPs have been given the title of the artists. Of course art comes in lots of different forms and not everyone is a painter! What makes you an artist in your own way?

For me, I originally resonated with it because I love to draw and paint and take photographs. I had a skill and talent in creating images and people were impressed by them. That's why I thought of myself as an artist. However I realised that actually I've done very little painting or drawing recently yet I still don't doubt that I am an artist because I realised it's not all about the images I create but the way I see the world. I can always see a different perspective, a positive spin, I notice the details and how they fit into the big picture, I get immense pleasure from things like watching steam rise from rooftops early in the morning or looking at watercolour winters sky, I deliberately take the long routes to see the way the sun shines through the autumn trees, illuminating the colours of each leaf and could watch waves crashing onto sand or against rocks for hours. I've always been frustrated that my images could never quite capture the essence and atmosphere of what I saw and felt, but I realised that that's what I want. To be able to capture all the beauty I see in the everyday world, things I observe everyday or every year and share it so people can feel what I feel too. So I might not be churning out a stunning painting every week but that natural ability to see and sense beauty both in details and feelings, to stop and take the time to look around me and the deep desire to capture and share it is what makes me an artist.

How about you?

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
I feel like more of a poet than an artist...not a very refined kind of either tbh. Though, it's fun to try things out every once in awhile. I am not good at actually drawing. I think it takes a lot to make really good art, and I think I have a lot of personal problems that can inspire interesting situations. But, I think I lack the craft a lot of times. I feel like I have an eye and/or an interest in aesthetic things though, and I am a good appreciator of arts. Sometimes I just like things because they are a bit novel or are just bright and colorful. Perhaps things can convey an emotional sentiment or truth that is harder to express with simple words or process.

Reactions: goldthysanura

·
Banned
3,802 Posts
Reactions: Miss Basura
1 - 7 of 7 Posts