Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Being told something about myself that I didn't realize, especially if it's good. I also tend to blush when I eat or drink something that is either hot or really good. I also sometimes blush at inappropriate thoughts or a joke told to me that's inappropriate. It mostly only happens when the thought or comment catch me off guard.

·
PerC Mermaid
23,481 Posts
I agree with everyone else who said compliments. I don´t know how to take them and they never fail to make me blush.
When I am "plotting" something and my intentions are discovered.
Making eye contact with strangers (bus rides are awful in that regard, lots of people arrrgh)
Anger (or the thoughts that comes with anger) make me blush.
Listening to other´s conversations unintentionally....

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
-When I'm with a group of people and I am put on the spot and am the center of attention. (i.e. I went home with a friend from school to spend a night so she could drive me to the airport the next day. I'm from the north and her family lives in Shelby, N.C. Her grandfather literally had me go in front of her entire family to ask me racist questions and my views on the number of african americans where I live, and all about my "liberal views").
-When I'm debating something with someone and I lose my train of thought or I realize I can't combat their twisting of my words, etc.
-When I make a comment or statement that I am directing towards one specific person and everyone becomes quiet and stares at me.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Along with the growing list of trying to take compliments, one of my buttons can be triggered with the following :

Co-worker asks, "I don't know how that song goes . . .could you sing part of it for me ?"

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
When someone I didn't expect to be as perceptive suddenly nails me with a precise observation on my behavior or thoughts. Much compounded by the rarity of the event. :happy:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Along with the growing list of trying to take compliments, one of my buttons can be triggered with the following :

Co-worker asks, "I don't know how that song goes . . .could you sing part of it for me ?"
Reminds me of the time I sang the opening part of "Under the Bridge" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers in honor of my dad in front of my entire Speech class. I thought they would think it was awkward, but they were touched, and I was touched by the fact that they were touched.

·
SAY MY NAME
INTJ
8,476 Posts
I don't blush exactly (I'm too dark skinned to go visibly red), my embarrassed face is like this really idiotic, gaping smile. I 'blush' most often if somebody is able to tell me what I'm thinking about or what my motives are - something about other people reading me makes me feel self-conscious. I think it's because it indicates that someone is paying attention to me that I feel a bit embarrassed. I don't think I'm important enough to be scrutinised like that.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Getting me to blush is a favourite game of my brothers.
And it's not tough.

Just being in the spotlight is enough.
And just the general phrase "oo look at Hanne blushing!" will make me blush like hell, whether i was already red or not.
Bloody annoying!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I blush when someone teases me by twisting my words/intentions, when I am put on the spot to speak when I'm not ready, or when someone else blushes.

edit: for those who don't blush, what makes your face hot?
The teasing by twisting my words/intentions is actually the main thing that causes me to blush. I then proceed to be very annoyed at the person, especially if it's some stranger. But I unintentionally continue to smile so they don't realise. It's one of the things I dislike the most. I'll be mentally shaking my fist at them for a long time afterwards. :ninja:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Compliments, recognition and thanks.

I'm not great at being on the receiving end of any of them, and I'll blush my way out of the situation as soon as possible.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.