Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Self-explanatory title here, but you could explain it by a wing, a tritype or anything else really :)

For me, I'm much more upbeat and light-hearted than the ususal Four description, hell, even the Four wing Five one too! I absolutely love to joke around and make fun of everything like a Seven does. While I do identify with the usual core fears and defense mechanism of Four, I do look very childlike and unfocused at times.

What about you?

·
Premium Member
45,676 Posts
I've been told I come across as a two. There are probably other things too

Reactions: Karkino

·
Registered
844 Posts
Well, for one thing I don't believe the root or core of a 6 is really fear (everyone experiences fear to some degree as fear is a human emotion; if fear manifests externally, there has to be something beneath it that's driving or causing it to manifest - I don't think this really is a controversial claim here). As a 6, I personally believe the root or core of a 6 is a lack of faith or trust in the general sense and a focus on finding certainty.

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE SCUEI
21,335 Posts
Self-explanatory title here, but you could explain it by a wing, a tritype or anything else really :)

For me, I'm much more upbeat and light-hearted than the ususal Four description, hell, even the Four wing Five one too! I absolutely love to joke around and make fun of everything like a Seven does. While I do identify with the usual core fears and defense mechanism of Four, I do look very childlike and unfocused at times.

What about you?
I'm more social (within reason) than most 5s (So dom) I'm sort of an "ambivert." I can get energy from being alone but I do seem to need some level of social interaction on a regular basis to function correctly. Once or twice a week, I like to get out of the house and be around people.

·
Premium Member
45,676 Posts
I like to see people allmost every day. Not sure that it's type 4'ish but I am INFP (allmost ENFP).
But it most be people I can get along with or love, or else it is draining.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I don't come across as the fucking happy overly enthusiastic person. I love to create the good atmosphere, usually super-excited to do it, but not really be a part of it once it gets going.

Catch me in wrong mood/situation and I become a singularity of optimism, suck it in and never give it back.

·
Banned
102 Posts
I do not care if people copy me or wear my same shirt. I am not in this game to be the most unique one, I am in this game to be authentic. There's a difference. I do have an elitist 4 streak and a focus on identity, but I don't mind sharing or belonging. Some of my beliefs I prefer to be spread out to others, not kept inside (and I do know 4s who want to be "the only one" and they are unhealthy/childish) and what makes me upset as a 4 with "envy" is people who very much established themselves as a world leader at a young age. I can both be happy for my heroines and envy them, like I sort of wish I could be.

But I think as a mature 4, I just think, it's wrong to focus on your own success for any cause or even an artform. It should never be about you but the Thing. My goal has always been strangely 9-ish, to embody "the spirit of the cause" or "the thing" ...and yet I rebuke any conformity to anything I don't agree with so strongly I could be nothing but a four. I must embody the authenticity, the truth I feel. And sometimes that seems immature or is self-indulgent or self-destructive, like any artist I can honestly say it can be hard for me to live in the system of industrial capitalism. I feel I'm here to live out certain truths. The end. If you'd like to join, Godspeed.

·
Registered
INFP // 9 sp
1,267 Posts
I suppose I’m more moody, sensitive, and obviously irritable than some 9 descriptions convey. Apparently I can come across as “yelling” when I raise my voice, though I’m usually only trying to be audible, and sometimes I’m surprised at how angry my voice sounds when I didn’t mean for it to sound that way, lol. I’m not always nice. I can be cynical and pessimistic. Um...yeah, just a few things that came to mind.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Well, for one thing I don't believe the root or core of a 6 is really fear (everyone experiences fear to some degree as fear is a human emotion; if fear manifests externally, there has to be something beneath it that's driving or causing it to manifest - I don't think this really is a controversial claim here). As a 6, I personally believe the root or core of a 6 is a lack of faith or trust in the general sense and a focus on finding certainty.
What you just described is what is meant by fear in this context.

·
Registered
844 Posts
What you just described is what is meant by fear in this context.
You are mistaken.

Fear: an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.

Faith: complete trust or confidence in someone or something.

Trust: firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.

Certainty: firm conviction that something is the case.

Don't know what context you're referring to but the above is self-explanatory.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
7w6, 714 tritype, sp dominant

7w6, 714 tritype, sp dominant for sure (I think sp/sx but sp/so also possible)

I am more focused, more measured, and less scattered than the average 7. From an SP perspective, there is a pragmatism about money-- I can't afford to make financially costly mistakes, nor waste time that I could be using to make money (I pretty much view time as money in this sense), so I'm more selective about what I jump into. I also have some ability to follow through and actually complete things; I even deliberately choose things I'm likely to complete, to minimize wasted $/time.

I have a strong 1 fix, which gives me a bit of perfectionism, but the biggest thing is that I have a fixation with correctness, which leads me to spend many hours checking, rechecking, thinking, rethinking, restructuring, etc. various theories that I have. The problem is there is a compulsive aspect to it-- I don't really mind it, but I feel *compelled* to do it, and I can't not do it. But nevertheless, this is time I'm not spending running around from thing to thing like the stereotypical 7.

I am at home basically all the time I'm not at work. From home, I work on business ideas (SP) and do the aforementioned checking/rechecking (1 fix).

A few years ago, in 2016 when I was last here on PerC, I remember posting about how conflicted I was between the measured side and the 7 side. But now I've realized what a huge blessing this is to be able to actually work in-depth on things and have an actually interesting career path (with good job stability to suit the SP priority there lol) and actually finish things instead of running around from thing to thing leaving behind a trail of incomplete stuff-- well, tbh, the trail of incomplete stuff still happens, just much less than what it seems like most 7s deal with.

It seems that what I thought was conflictedness was actually a sort of...balance. :crazy:

·
Premium Member
45,676 Posts
My functions are different:

·
Registered
INTJ 5w6
439 Posts
INTJ 5w6 538 so/sp
  • dominant so instinct: I am more social than the typical description for E5, though of course I still like my alone time. More aware of the social atmosphere.
  • 8w9 fix in tritype or connection of 5 to 8: I like learning about new things through direct experience, I don't shy away from the real world as much as I used to. I am comfortable carrying out my plans to reality.
  • 3w2 fix in tritype: I sometimes give too much of my resources if I feel like it's for a good cause. Concerned about self-worth so I constantly did more to get accomplishments as 'proof' of my success. I had trouble balancing time for myself and doing too much at once.

·
Registered
12,196 Posts

What about you?
It's no different from other 4s, but the stereotype is that they're SX or SO so they're more out there about their pain and front a lot with their style or stuff trying to impress and what not. I'm SP so I handle my pain on the low and don't have a huge need to subscribe to a style. I guess loll.

·
Host
21,335 Posts
I've been told I come across as a two. There are probably other things too
Well, 2 shares a line of connection with 4. Additionally, I don't know how maternal you are, but sometimes strong maternal instincts come off as "2ish."

·
Premium Member
45,676 Posts
Well, 2 shares a line of connection with 4. Additionally, I don't know how maternal you are, but sometimes strong maternal instincts come off as "2ish."
Same with FJ. I find it is expected of mothers to FJ. I also find I became more Jish and 2 ish once I became a mom.

Reactions: tanstaafl28

·
Host
21,335 Posts
Same with FJ. I find it is expected of mothers to FJ. I also find I became more Jish and 2 ish once I became a mom.
Without prejudice, I've observed several women who were pretty wild, but seriously settled down once they had kids. It was as if a whole new set of instincts seemed to kick in.

Makes perfect sense to me. Being responsible for a child is a good reason to be more grown up.

Reactions: Electra
1 - 20 of 29 Posts