Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this idea was shamelessly stolen from the ENTP thread but still between that and Jawz thread its gotten me a thinkin.

Personally It would be how much I feel that im more an EXFX and the others depend on my mood. Most of the time I guess I do feel that im an ENFJ but I feel that all 4 of those available can fit me quite well. Im now starting to question if I only see myself as an ENFJ because I want to.

I dont know, and Id like to hear what others have to say

·
Registered
193 Posts
I sometimes doubt because I believe I have a strong P most of the time, and therefore a weak J. And I often feel much more I than I am E. I know I'm a J, it's obvious. And I'm very clearly an E, as well. But I've also been told that I'm like a "closet introvert" and that I remind people of ENFP. Two of my closest friends have both remarked that I'm a very unique ENFJ - different somehow. And then I began testing as an INFJ and then an INFP. I know I'm an ENFJ, though. It suits me too well. Maybe I'm a little different, by letter. But as a type, I think ENFJ fits me like a glove. Above all else, though, I know that my identity isn't reliant on my personality type. Whatever I am, I'm me.

Reactions: formal riot

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
I kinda find it a little odd posting in this thread since it was my type change that inspired it --- but here goes:

- Everything except my use of Fe was off.

- I was consistently testing as Ne dom/aux before I actually knew what cognitive functions were

- In MBTI, I have always had intuition as my highest result with F/T being equal and P usually greater than J ... I never took that seriously when I should've. A crude way of typing is that usually individuals who test the highest in intuition are dominant intuitives. I decided to take INFJ first --- but then I started showing more and more extroverted tendencies. I automatically switched to ENFJ when a lot of people started recommending it to me. And I wanted to believe it as well. I have to admit, being an ENFJ made me feel a little special --- but I realized that it wasn't being an ENFJ that made me special .. I am who I am regardless of my type, and the people who want to truly love me will do so without the tag.
- When I read the Inferior Ti description, I had a hard time really relating to it .. I felt like I was forcing myself to relate.
- I once had an interaction with an ENTP with regards to how she uses NeTiFe to determine the feelings of other people and she had me stumped when I was able to relate extremely closely to how she figured things out. That was the first time I really doubted FeNi and started wondering if I may be in an Ne-Fe loop and started searching for it.
- There were many posts in the "you know you're an ENFJ when" thread that I never related to at all but at the time I dismissed them as a difference in Enneagrams.
- I almost always felt as though I was forcing my posts in this section -- especially the ones about cognitive function useage.
- I never really focused on the details of exactly why I was different --- I just instinctively knew I was different.
- I always felt more energized by pure intellectual debate about theories, and drained by conversations that involved a lot of talk about feelings
- I bonded with a couple of people for whom I'm willing to go a long way in helping them, but I found myself much more selfish relationship-wise than pretty much every other ENFJ on PerC.

Now I'm a position where I've spent year over-training my Fe [which I love actually because I've learnt to be truly empathic] but this has been at the expense of my NeTi and it's going to be a while before I fully revert back to normal.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I kinda find it a little odd posting in this thread since it was my type change that inspired it --- but here goes:

- Everything except my use of Fe was off.

- I was consistently testing as Ne dom/aux before I actually knew what cognitive functions were

- In MBTI, I have always had intuition as my highest result with F/T being equal and P usually greater than J ... I never took that seriously when I should've. A crude way of typing is that usually individuals who test the highest in intuition are dominant intuitives. I decided to take INFJ first --- but then I started showing more and more extroverted tendencies. I automatically switched to ENFJ when a lot of people started recommending it to me. And I wanted to believe it as well. I have to admit, being an ENFJ made me feel a little special --- but I realized that it wasn't being an ENFJ that made me special .. I am who I am regardless of my type, and the people who want to truly love me will do so without the tag.
- When I read the Inferior Ti description, I had a hard time really relating to it .. I felt like I was forcing myself to relate.
- I once had an interaction with an ENTP with regards to how she uses NeTiFe to determine the feelings of other people and she had me stumped when I was able to relate extremely closely to how she figured things out. That was the first time I really doubted FeNi and started wondering if I may be in an Ne-Fe loop and started searching for it.
- There were many posts in the "you know you're an ENFJ when" thread that I never related to at all but at the time I dismissed them as a difference in Enneagrams.
- I almost always felt as though I was forcing my posts in this section -- especially the ones about cognitive function useage.
- I never really focused on the details of exactly why I was different --- I just instinctively knew I was different.
- I always felt more energized by pure intellectual debate about theories, and drained by conversations that involved a lot of talk about feelings
- I bonded with a couple of people for whom I'm willing to go a long way in helping them, but I found myself much more selfish relationship-wise than pretty much every other ENFJ on PerC.

Now I'm a position where I've spent year over-training my Fe [which I love actually because I've learnt to be truly empathic] but this has been at the expense of my NeTi and it's going to be a while before I fully revert back to normal.
I think it's interesting that you went with ENTP, Jaws. For the record, I can actually really see that in you. :happy: I've met a few real sweethearts that were ENTPs... I envy their energy and loyalty.

Okay, I'll shut up now before someone starts a debate about all I've just said. Jk, jk. :p But really, good for you. ^^

·
Registered
151 Posts
:proud:Well like @Jawz pointed out MBTI is kinda like a guide and no matter what type you are your still unique and have your own charachter and a unique personality :crazy:... sure if you collect some collective traits and label them with four letters you can divide the whole world into different groups but that does not mean we dont have some other traits of other types too:shocked: ... well we all have the ability to be something we dont want to be, lets say your really depressed:crying: and angry:angry:, many ENFJ's can identify that at that point they dont recognise what got into them and they dont feel like themselves :confused:and that i would not have done that if i had just kept my cool:dry: :happy:... many times we cross over to other MBTI's sometimes even to our exact opposite types (for many ENFJ's that is ISTX) :frustrating: ... like you could be an extrovert but you are hurt really bad and then you retreat into a corner and dont want any1 near you and you hug yourself:unsure: ... or when you are going through a lot and you need a time out and you retreat to sort things out:ninja: ... similarly we (ENFJ's) have traits that we prefer to use does not mean we do not use the other traits that others have:rolleyes: ... now when i read about other personality types I identify a lot with ESFJ, INFJ, ISFJ but when i read about ENFJ i know that is me to a tea:wink: ... I think i posted earlier this month that I feel like an INFJ and its true that I have become increasingly introverted but overall my ENFJ personality still reigns high! :cool: :blushed:

Remember that types dont define you, you are a part of a type cos you prefer some traits. :laughing:
The type doesnt choose you, you choose your traits! :kitteh:

no matter what type you are, if your still figuring out :unsure:, and your still trying to figure out hang in there:tongue:, you may not entirely relate with your type but if one describes your personality better than others then you have a higher chance of being in that type than others but dont be surprised if you find some aspects of your personalities descibed in other type descriptions, its just to be expected does not mean your that type just that your using the same traits that that type uses in some situations .. hope i helped ... it would suck if i didnt :bored:
hmmm and you may have noticed of the excessive use of smileys lol ... i was just trying if i could put all the smileys in a single post lol but i couldnt find a place for this one ... so i put it in the end :mellow:

sorry for making it too long ... hope you enjoyed it though xD

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well..

It makes sense since you have 4 dominant cognitive functions?

So your extroverted functions are Fe and Se.

Your introverted functions are Ni and Ti

The adding up of all theese four functions and the order of preference makes you an ENFJ.

I can be in certain moods. One where I gain a huge interest in one specific topic and the understandment of it. Lately I've been watching documentaries for more than 20 hours on quantum mechanics. Linked to this there is alot of theory on the setup of the universe. I think that this is highly appealing to my Ti, Ni and Se <- In that specific order. However with my new insights about this topic I can then use this newly achieved knowledge to socialize and be able to talk along on topics like theese in social gatherings. A way for my Fe, Ni, Se, Ti to combine and make me the character I am.

If you don't understand how Fe comes into play here. I guess it would be the use of the topic to build rapport and connections with other people. Being able to see them thinking "Oh, this guy is smart.. I'd like to know this guy better" So they come over with a friendly attitude and it then serves my dominant function. <- I just realise that this example is not Fe. It is Ti. The dominant Fe could be imagined in a more passive way. Like a passive aura around you, that radiates warmth and respect for other people. An aura that is careful not to thread on anybody and giving people the opportunity to engage with you in good manners. Since it is dominant it is you. So you are always sensitive to other people's emotions.

Ti and Ni
would be the exciting functions for an ENFJ to build upon.
I would say that my own Ni has become exceptionally good over the years. I rarely get surprised over events because I had seen them either seconds, minutes, days, months, or even up to about a year in advance.
Ti however would be the function that would allow for us to become more than an observer. It would balance the Ni. So instead of just foreseeing the reality unfold. Ti would enable us to influence how the reality will unfold.

I'm no expert in this personality stuff but this is atleast how I thought of it working..

[edited]:
What I wanted to say with this post was that you might sometimes be doing things that are not stereotypical for ENFJs. So other people's perception of ENFJ's: That they are so fluffy, warm, etc. Might catch you out from time to time to think that you are not an ENFJ. Because when you are deeply engaged in Ni and/or Ti you might think "Hey? I'm not very fluffy or warm right now? In fact I am contemplating on the easiest way to get away with murder" <- Just an example.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't have the orderliness and organization of a J...but I am still a J more than a P.

I also give a whole hec of a lot, but I have really learned to receive.

Reactions: formal riot

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have the orderliness and organization of a J...but I am still a J more than a P.

I also give a whole hec of a lot, but I have really learned to receive.

I feel the same way about this, I have the J mindset, and whilst I maintain that mindset on all things social, and material, I feel when it comes to things such as Uni work i go down hill. I will plan out entire work schedules to the minute, (If I dont then they will get left to the last minute) then promptly get distracted by the internet that entire time (and then sometimes it gets left to the last minute).

Also I do feel like I give more then I receive quite frequently.... speaking of which my housemate still owes me 95$, should probably get on that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts