Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as we seem to focus on sad things, I thought I'd make a thread to do with what makes us INFJs happy! A song, a movie, a book, a place you like to visit, WHATEVER!

Post it here!

I like being in a car at night when it's literally POURING down with rain and I'm inside it all nice and snug and safe-feeling, watching the raindrops hit and bead down the windows. :happy:

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Winter makes me really really happy. I don't know how to explain it, but I'm usually in a better mood and see things more clearly than on the summer. The latter just makes me the opposite: I'm cranky and sweaty all the time, it's no fun:sad:

·
Registered
440 Posts
a subtle and dramatic and colourful romantic mystic tranquil sophisticated contrasted sunset full of light and colours
harp brass voice choir sounds
music
a feeling of liberation :]
mint chocolate chip
debussy
greenland
enya
spacious organised minimal serene relaxed environment
:-]

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
a subtle and dramatic and colourful romantic mystic tranquil sophisticated contrasted sunset full of light and colours
harp brass voice choir sounds
music
a feeling of liberation :]
mint chocolate chip
debussy
greenland
enya
:-]
Oh yes, enya makes me happy as well. Caribbean Blue anyone? :wink:

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
there are a lot of things that make me happy

first of all myself, that's usually the biggest hurdle for a lot of people, they don't allow themselves to be happy

beyond that... everything!

watching something on tv that's about summertime at the tropics while it's snowing outside :cool:
the reverse is also true

being awesome on the dance floor, I mean I can do routines and stuff at any time, but sometimes I got a lot of energy and it really shows on the dance floor, otherwise known as the battle ground (I do street dance :tongue:)

passing an exam with an epic grade, 9 or 10, that gets me really pumped for a while, during which I feel pretty bulletproof :crazy:

simple things are nice too, like sticking to a diet, last month this girl in my dance troupe tells me "hey you've lost weight, how did you do it?" and I was like "I haven't really noticed, I just ate a lot of vegetables" then I got on scales and I had lost 10 kg compared to december last year, which is pretty crazy considering I haven't changed my diet to lose weight, just to stop eating toxic stuff:laughing:

·
Registered
206 Posts
The fresh feeling in the air after rain

Going for an early morning run when the sun is just clearing the mist in the valley

The missus and the kids of course. My son's fairly profound questions. My daughter's jokes that have no punch line (she is 5 and just rambles on and on in a non sensical way until every one is in hysterics)

Autumn colours (spring and Autumn are my favourite seasons - winter is good when bright and crispy)

The feeling I get when an idea/concept just clicks and has simple elegance

When I get something working - I love tinkering and making things from useful stuff around the home to electronics projects for guitar

The smell of my wifes cooking - smells like chilli tonight and I am getting hungry. The taste is good as well but for the next 5 mins I have to go with the smell!

Hugs

Great music

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Writing. My hobby and my salvation.

Autumn, or more importantly, those few days at the onset of Autumn, when the air is just beginning to become crisp, and there is that indescribable feeling of exuberance and nostalgia in the air.

Being caught in the rain, especially a torrential downpour.

Bob Dylan, especially listening to Visions of Johanna (my favorite song) at the onset of a road trip.

Fresh basil.

Travel. Waking up in a country that is not my own and having my biggest decision consist of which direction I will walk that particular day.

The runner's high, say after a 12-16 mile run, though my knees do not allow me to run as far as I like anymore. I also like that part of the run where you begin to feel as though you are floating above the ground. Just you and your thoughts. Clarity.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Seeing as we seem to focus on sad things, I thought I'd make a thread to do with what makes us INFJs happy! A song, a movie, a book, a place you like to visit, WHATEVER!

Post it here!

I like being in a car at night when it's literally POURING down with rain and I'm inside it all nice and snug and safe-feeling, watching the raindrops hit and bead down the windows. :happy:
That's an interesting gang sign in your avatar.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Winter makes me really really happy. I don't know how to explain it, but I'm usually in a better mood and see things more clearly than on the summer. The latter just makes me the opposite: I'm cranky and sweaty all the time, it's no fun:sad:
The fresh feeling in the air after rain

Going for an early morning run when the sun is just clearing the mist in the valley

Autumn colours

The feeling I get when an idea/concept just clicks and has simple elegance

When I get something working - I love tinkering and making things from useful stuff around the home to electronics projects
Autumn, or more importantly, those few days at the onset of Autumn, when the air is just beginning to become crisp, and there is that indescribable feeling of exuberance and nostalgia in the air.

Being caught in the rain, especially a torrential downpour.

Travel. Waking up in a country that is not my own and having my biggest decision consist of which direction I will walk that particular day.
That's an interesting gang sign in your avatar.
Wow....i love these thing also. My favourite one of those is being in the car when is raining. I don't know why though but it feels great and calming

I also enjoy watching ducks float in ponds,like watching waves crash, being in or beside forested river, being poured on by small waterfalls, dreaming, and helping others with their problems.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Getting what I want and freeing myself from what I want.

I suppose you want a more concrete list so here are a few things:

-music
-freelance whales and my whale jumper :)
-taking photos
-personality junkies
-op shops
-taking the train/bus and wandering around the city by myself
-reading a book/poem/quote which resonates perfectly with my current situation or personal philosophy
-reconnecting with a friend i haven't seen for ages
-life imitating art and imagination.. rare for me to truly experience and connect with but when I do, I am absolutely over the moon about everything :)
-and probably the most important thing of all.. just that I am safe, healthy and have family as support network.. the sky isn't always bluer above the stratosphere, it is not time yet and it actually takes a conscious effort to be content let alone happy about some things.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Seasons changing, because things are new again.
Watching a good movie
B-52's
When my husband tells me that he loves me, that I'm a good woman and I've improved his life
road trips
joking with my sons
a beautiful picture, painting, piece of music or sculpture
a great dream
thunder storms
Spumoni ice cream
gardening
museums and historical sites
Ren fairs
The Tilta-World ride

·
Registered
328 Posts
oh yes >_< caribbean blue intro sound is dope!
Yes. I turn it up for the intro. ^^ Great song.

A few were mentioning rain and winter. I love the rain, and I love watching it snow. Not to mention anything sad in a thread about happiness, but watching it snow makes me feel a little sad, but in a good and refreshing way. It is good to watch the seasons change, to see the leaves yellow and fall from trees in the autumn, or trees blossoming in the springtime, and snow reminds me of the seasons. It makes me think of all the places I could be, the different lives people have, the different friends they have, and what they're all doing because it is snowing out.

Reminds me of this song, which I kind of adore. ^^

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
What makes me happy....

Sitting on the porch near a lake listening to the rain pour down all around.

Sitting on the beach at night, alone or with a handful of friends, near a tiki torch; sketching while listening to the waves.

Sitting around a warm campfire during a chilly night, melting marshmallows and keeping warm.

Laying down on the deck of a boat in the middle of no where, staring straight up at the night sky watching the stars.

Going to an empty In and Out burger at 2am in the morning with a close friend; relaxing, eating, and talking.

Driving around Los Angelos at 1am with the windows rolled down, staring at the bright city lights.

Waking up to go out in the country side after a fresh snow fall in Pittsburgh.

Watching Steven Colbert and John Stewart on comedy central.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts