Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
ENTP
3,551 Posts
This is going to make me sound horrible, but perhaps you agree...Is there anything funnier on this planet than seeing a fat person non-lethally injure themselves? I'm talking about non-staged, of course. Jesus, I don't know what's wrong with me, but I can't get enough of it.

I have no problem laughing in public when I find something amusing, in fact, I often have to be asked what's so funny because I spend more time amusing myself in my head than I typically do sharing those gems. I've also found that I am often irritated by the "funny guy" in any group of friends I'm a part of. This isn't always the case, but sometimes I just want to scream, "JESUS F***ING CHRIST YOU ARE NOT GODDAMNED FUNNY AND THESE CACKLING IDIOTS AROUND YOU ARE ONLY LAUGHING BECAUSE THEY'VE BEEN SOCIALLY CONDITIONED TO SEE YOU AS THE "FUNNY ONE" AND NOW THEY LAUGH AT EVERY PIECE OF DRIVEL THAT COMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTH - NOW SHUT THE F*** UP!"

Whew. That felt good. Anyone else ever feel that way?

·
Registered
80 Posts
What makes me laugh...

Memories of times when I laughed, make me laugh all over again, all the time at random. I'm usually the weird chick in the corner snickering about nothing and having a blast doing it. I love to laugh, laugh all the time. Laugh at motivational posters and funny quotes. I love Russel Brand and Jim Gaffigen. I laughed at the post before mine, and my little sister tends to bring out a strange side of me that laughs at everything. She makes me laugh at stuff I wouldn't normally find funny; she sees the world different than I. More than anything else, I laugh at the weird stuff going on inside my head. I find myself a real laugh riot. Unfortunately no one else seems to think me funny lol

·
Registered
953 Posts
Something really edgy. For example the last thing I laughed at:
My friend was saying something about microwaves and it came to this

Friend: Okay, I will show you a picture of my baby sister next to the microwave. I'll show you a picture of my baby sister naked next to the microwave.

(dramatic pause that I planned in my head)

Me: DEAL!

trolololololollololol

Friend 2: *cackling* matter of fact, just leave out the microwave

LMAO!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I laugh a lot, at all kinds of things. Cats, stuff on the internet, my friends, awkward situations, my own behavior. Just thinking about this is making me giggle a little bit. I also make a lot of sarcastic and snarky comments, which I find funny but if people don't know it, they might think I'm angry/bitter/whatever negative emotion. I like to play games to see how long someone will believe something that is entirely made up, and eventually I will burst out laughing. I once convinced someone I didn't know what wikipedia was... let him explain for a good 10 minutes before I couldn't do it anymore.

I'm not ticklish, never have been, don't particularly like people making the effort to tickle me either, or claiming victory when I squirm away because they're starting to hurt...

I also like corny, stupid one line responses (or clever, quick-witted ones). Like my friend said this to me the other day: "What's worse than a moron?"

And without even really thinking about it, I responded: "An oxymoron?"

I appreciate these traits in my friends too.
Same here. I once convinced a german guy that here in Canada, we all clubbed baby seals because they are violent creatures and often attacked and even ate children, and that we couldn't "humanely" kill them by a gunshot between the eyes because of our strict gun laws, and even if we get a liscence to own a gun, bullets costs 500 dollars a piece in order to avoid gun violence - and we couldn't afford it because many of us are too poor - since we live in the poor, underdevelopped frozen land that is Canada. And we also loved eating Saskatchewan seals because they tasted the best.

By the end of it, he kept saying how disgusted he was with me and my country. I couldn't believe he actually believed me.

The other week at the bar, I also had fun when after I said something about needing to put vaseline on my hands, this guy came up to me and attempted to be smart by commenting on how it was "too oil based", and then, for my own amusement, pretended I didn't understand what he was talking about until he finally started defining it, after which I asked him if rubbing alcohol would work, since it wasn't oil-based at all. He had a horrified expression and then finally walked away and left us alone, and I burst out laughing. Playing stupid can be quite fun.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had an ex of mine believe I was 1/4 color blind for months. I was waiting for him to figure it out, but he never did and I had to tell him the truth. I still don't know why I told him that, but I laugh about every time I think about it. I also had one of my sisters believing her hair would fall out if she didn't wash all the shampoo out of her hair. For at least a year she would step out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel, and ask me or one of my siblings, if all of it was out before she got dressed. Same sister for this one, she got a sunburn on her ear of all places, and I had her believing it was a disease from her pet rabbit. Cracking up thinking about these things hard to type even. This was just a small time frame, but my youngest sister I told her that only sick people, elderly people, and babies had to poop. She countered with "mom does it" and I just smiled sadly and nodded my head. I caught her asking my mom if there was something wrong with her later that day. It all sounds so mean, but I'm cracking up thinking about it. I tied my youngest brother up to one of those little plastic kiddie chairs, put a pair of panty hose on his head and dragged him to the neighbors house rang the door bell and ran. Ah fond memories!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
or it it this one: 1/2+1/2=(1+1)/(2+2)=1/2?(creative stupidity )

Is it more of a : smile: than :laughing: ? or nothing makes you laugh?
That actually just made me chuckle. Darkly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I love British humor, my favorite Brit comedy is the IT Crowd, also love Big Bang Theory
But I do love my own jokes , which are usually puns, or just bad, corny jokes, based on observational humor.. just get me in a Walmart, I'll having you rolling in the aisles..

·
Registered
190 Posts
On page 1 of this thread there is a comment by XO Skeleton saying he/she laughs at Dead Baby Jokes. That's the kind of stuff that makes me laugh, not dead baby jokes but the fact that this person said that.

Most of the time I Laugh at random shit I come up with in my own mind. Like when I'm watching a movie, I keep thinking of all these funny lines they could have said. Just last night my roommate and I were watching "Battle Royale" again and whenever a girl would ask "Why" they were getting killed I kept thinking how funny it would be if the person doing the killing was like "well, you see, we are in this island and we will all die unless only one of us is left alive. . . . did you not watch the video? It was very well made and I thought it did a very good job at explaining all this."

Or "WHY??" "BECAUSE I HATE PEOPLE WHO DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THE VIDEOS!!!"

·
Registered
945 Posts
I laugh on public, quite loud actually. I laugh at jokes I think its funny, but mostly I laugh before the joke is over. So its kinda ruin every joke I gave, and what people told me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anything that surprises me makes me laugh. Might be a nervous response, though, idk. Things that too awesome to exist. Wit! I adore witty, ironic reponses and quick-thinking. Is spontaneous, another form of surprise. It would make me laugh even months after. And brittish humor, of course. That logical, dark, witty humor.

Most of my favorite comedy just makes smile though, because I'm too busy admiring the originality o cleverness with wich it's made (like when I watch Arrested Development or Monty Python or The I.T. Crowd) to remember to give them a very deserved laughter. This also happens to me with accute commentary, logical observation, metahumor (Community, HIMYM, Arrested Development,) absurdity, satire and exclusive jokes (those that only few knowledgeable people get.)

I also enjoy
puns and spelling jokes. Language can be such an amazing source of humor on its own, really...

·
Registered
1,878 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Today, we had a large 3.5 earthquake. I made a comment on how I dropped the bass and no one thought it was as funny as I did.

Reactions: elpis

·
Registered
17 Posts
Awkwardness. I love seeing awkwardness happen to others but it's the worst when I'm awkward, which can happen a lot.

But..a lot of times I will think of some random insane scenario in my head. I'll paint it out and play it in my head like a movie and make it how I want it..and if it's funny I'll laugh just like I'm watching a movie. It's not uncommon for me to be standing there with a blank face and then suddenly burst out laughing. Then, I start laughing even harder if I'm with a friend when it happens because they have no clue what's going on. Hilarious lol

Reactions: Pyrogy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Tickling is the most but sometimes without any reason I will laugh out out just like that

·
Registered
614 Posts
Mostly from the shit that goes on in my own head.

And when other people other than myself make little dark humour quips.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts